ADVERTISEMENT

Purple Party in Indianapolis?

FloridAlum

May 29, 2001
The game is 8 PM local time. If there was a lunch party organized for the day of the game, would enough people be interested in attending to justify the time and effort of planning something? I have not decided for sure if I am going, even though Coral Springs has promised to buy me a drink if I do

The game is 8 PM local time. If there was a lunch party organized for the day of the game, would enough people be interested in attending to justify the time and effort of planning something? I have not decided for sure if I am going, even though Coral Springs has promised to buy me a drink if I do
OK, I’m in for buying you a drink!

I am flying in from LA expressly to buy you a drink. I hear that their might be a football game to attend, too

YES!!

FloridAlum trying to get some sort of head count for a potential Purple Party. Please keep your responses in this thread. There is quite a bit of planning for this type of event. If there are Indy folks that could offer a recommendation or two for a possible location, please share your thoughts as well. Go Cats!

FloridAlum trying to get some sort of head count for a potential Purple Party. Please keep your responses in this thread. There is quite a bit of planning for this type of event. If there are Indy folks that could offer a recommendation or two for a possible location, please share your thoughts as well. Go Cats!
2 please.

FloridAlum,
While all of your previous efforts have been greatly appreciated, I would prefer that our Indy pals come up with a location and reserve a room or a section of a room and let everyone buy their own food and drink. docrugby will recall that we did this in Berkeley for the Cal game, and it worked very well. We paid nothing for the venue, had a nice attendance, and many Board Members and families of players attended. Also, the families of players will certainly have an event in Indy before the game, just as they did in Nashville.

Reactions: Bwm57 and GOUNUII
1 more and probably the Waterboy also.

Easiest party to attend, 3 hours away and for the BIGGEST GAME since the Rose Bowl.

You are going to need a bigger room

I agree Turk. I’m looking for a ton of Purple in Indy. Will be like a “local” bowl game. No reason for us to not have at least 20k in attendance...which should result in the biggest Purple Party ever.

If somebody bought you a drink at a prior destination. Is it mandatory to have that honor again. You must have a iron stomach.

For the love of GOD I will be there with a buddy. Looking forward to it!!

Historically each team will have designated locations for their fans to go to.
So there should be multiple restaurants/bars that are designated for Northwestern fans.
And usually each University is given a location for an alumni event.
As the date gets closer you will probably find out which locations are NU’s.

The game is 8 PM local time. If there was a lunch party organized for the day of the game, would enough people be interested in attending to justify the time and effort of planning something? I have not decided for sure if I am going, even though Coral Springs has promised to buy me a drink if I do[/QUOT
I may be in for two .Waiting on others.

Slippery Noodle is one of the oldest places in Indy.
Scotty’s Brewhouse is also in the area.
Yard House may be the best of the three.

@Indy Cat93 any other ideas?

I greatly appreciate any suggestions. Most of my best ideas are stolen from someone else. For the record, I need a good location, good food, reasonable price, availability on a high demand day, the ability to accommodate 50 to 100 people (This is frequently the biggest problem), A private room, and I am only interested in a full meal as opposed to just snacks. That’s the way it is. It usually cost a few bucks extra because it takes me a lot of time and effort and I generally have to sign a contract with minimum guarantees and stick my neck out for a couple thousand dollars if enough people don’t show up. I build in a small profit margin to cover my time and effort and financial risk. It costs people a few dollars extra for the availability of a venue to get together with a whole bunch of other purple wearing wildcat fans, but if you show up you will get a full meal.A small number of people always bitch about the price, can’t please everybody, but no one will ever tell you that they went away from one of my parties hungry.
PS the party in Nashville was an exception, I was lied to and misled by the management, Came extremely close to canceling the party at the last minute, it was either cancel the party or have it outside and overcharge people. At least I knew that the location and food would be very good because we had a party there in 2010 for the Vanderbilt game.I really regret the price, but it was that or cancel. I checked about 15 other locations, and everywhere else was worse or more expensive.

I greatly appreciate any suggestions. Most of my best ideas are stolen from someone else. For the record, I need a good location, good food, reasonable price, availability on a high demand day, the ability to accommodate 50 to 100 people (This is frequently the biggest problem), A private room, and I am only interested in a full meal as opposed to just snacks. That’s the way it is. It usually cost a few bucks extra because it takes me a lot of time and effort and I generally have to sign a contract with minimum guarantees and stick my neck out for a couple thousand dollars if enough people don’t show up. I build in a small profit margin to cover my time and effort and financial risk. It costs people a few dollars extra for the availability of a venue to get together with a whole bunch of other purple wearing wildcat fans, but if you show up you will get a full meal.A small number of people always bitch about the price, can’t please everybody, but no one will ever tell you that they went away from one of my parties hungry.
PS the party in Nashville was an exception, I was lied to and misled by the management, Came extremely close to canceling the party at the last minute, it was either cancel the party or have it outside and overcharge people. At least I knew that the location and food would be very good because we had a party there in 2010 for the Vanderbilt game.I really regret the price, but it was that or cancel. I checked about 15 other locations, and everywhere else was worse or more expensive.

You might want to check out this place, it's about a 15 minute walk from the stadium. I've always enjoyed their food and they appear to have an 88 person banquet room available:

https://www.cvent.com/venues/indian...wn/venue-e3c27df2-54b0-457d-9820-6dc04794b4b6

You might want to check out this place, it's about a 15 minute walk from the stadium. I've always enjoyed their food and they appear to have an 88 person banquet room available:

https://www.cvent.com/venues/indian...wn/venue-e3c27df2-54b0-457d-9820-6dc04794b4b6
Thanks, All suggestions gratefully accepted. I am currently in the middle of negotiating with a particular place, keep your fingers crossed, and I currently have a Plan B that I am going to call if the first one does not work out. Sometimes I have to check 10 or 15 places before I find one that works

Rock Bottom has a really nice party room in the basement...

Rock Bottom has a really nice party room in the basement...
Thanks, appreciate the input, but I think I have just about worked out a deal with a place that looks even better to me and probably even cheaper by the time you add everything in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT