ADVERTISEMENT

Quiero

hdhntr1

Gold Member
Sep 6, 2006
Ended the Pinstripe Bowl with a pick to seal the deal and then a late pick six to win the Music City Bowl. Talk about coming up big on big stage

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Might have been the most underrated player in the BIG this year. We don't win at Nebraska without his two picks and game ending pass batdown. I hope he'll be drafted by an NFL team.

He has always been underrated and overlooked even on our board. Not sure why because he has made some great plays and has been playing regularly for a few years now.

He has always been underrated and overlooked even on our board. Not sure why because he has made some great plays and has been playing regularly for a few years now.

He is certainly at the top of my list along with Nate Hall as the two most underrated players on the team.I do believe that part of the reason is that Godwin and Paddy got so much attention from the media this year.

Maybe he's underrated because his name is spelled wrong and nobody can find him online.

Unless you mean "Quiero Queiro a regresar en el año proximo"

Reactions: NU Houston
If he played at Michigan, he would be all B1G.

I hate posts like this. As if kids who come here have an immediate disadvantage to getting league recognition. It’s BS. We’ve had our fair share of ABT players. Frankly, the exact opposite is more likely true, that if he’d played at Michigan he’d be buried behind three four or five star DBs and never had had a chance to play. You’re twisting a good situation into a negative for the program and publicizing it on a public forum read by players and recruits.

I hate posts like this. As if kids who come here have an immediate disadvantage to getting league recognition. It’s BS. We’ve had our fair share of ABT players. Frankly, the exact opposite is more likely true, that if he’d played at Michigan he’d be buried behind three four or five star DBs and never had had a chance to play. You’re twisting a good situation into a negative for the program and publicizing it on a public forum read by players and recruits.
Lol, take your pills today?

Recruits know what they are getting with NU and to imply it is somehow influenced by my posts or any other poster is fantasy. If anything you are insulting our player by saying he would “be buried behind four or five star DB’s”. Not good enough to play for mighty Michigan huh? Didn’t have enough talent as a 3 star to overcome those higher ranked players.

We can go back and forth all day with you giving examples of guys who got recognition at NU and me giving examples of guys who should of and didn’t.

This is a message board. It is mostly made of of opinions, with a few facts occasionally sprinkled in. I guess your opinion is the only one that matters and other people have a different opinion are “BS”. Happy New Year.

You don't think Justin Jackson would have gotten more recognition at Michigan? And he certainly would have had a chance to play there as he's better than any back they had this year. We're lucky that we can get good players who see Northwestern for what it is and come here to take advantage of what it offers.

Recruits know what they are getting with NU and to imply it is somehow influenced by my posts or any other poster is fantasy. If anything you are insulting our player by saying he would “be buried behind four or five star DB’s”. Not good enough to play for mighty Michigan huh? Didn’t have enough talent as a 3 star to overcome those higher ranked players.

We can go back and forth all day with you giving examples of guys who got recognition at NU and me giving examples of guys who should of and didn’t.

This is a message board. It is mostly made of of opinions, with a few facts occasionally sprinkled in. I guess your opinion is the only one that matters and other people have a different opinion are “BS”. Happy New Year.
Mostly grandiose opinions in my humble opinion

You don't think Justin Jackson would have gotten more recognition at Michigan? And he certainly would have had a chance to play there as he's better than any back they had this year. We're lucky that we can get good players who see Northwestern for what it is and come here to take advantage of what it offers.
Not sure he would have had 1100+ carries over there.

I don't think so. He was a great RB for us, perhaps our best ever. He's had a great 4 year run, one of the best ever. But, he never had a single season where he was the best in the league. No question Saquon Barkley and Jonathan Taylor had more impressive seasons this year. 2nd All B1G was probably what he deserved.

Now, you could argue, that his 4 years here were hampered by a shitty OL - and so if that's what you meant - that playing behind a Michigan (or most other B1G) OLs) would have enabled him to do more and get more attention, then I would agree with that.

Not sure he would have had 1100+ carries over there.[/QUOTE

For us he was our only four star RB recruit ever, and an anointed starter almost as soon as he set foot on campus. Not only was he not recruited at Michigan, but there were four other four and five star RBs on the roster when the 2014 class came in. He simply would not have been given the immediate opportunity to succeed there as he was here.

It’s a fact about college football that there are many, many Justin Jacksons (here I mean the player, not the person) on factory teams who never get beyond third string or special teams play because they become part of a machine in which they are not unique, but simply one more HIGHLY recruited player and simply don’t get the opportunity. This doesn’t mean if they did get the chance they wouldn’t attain the same level of success. It simply means they don’t get the same opportunity to show what they can do.

This has always bothered me about these kids who don’t think there is any chance THEY won’t be a star, despite the presence of equal or higher ranked kids on the team, and instead of becoming that star at an NU, or other non factory school, they just become one more log on the fire at a factory and never come close to seeing the success they envisioned or would have had they even been given an opportunity.

Last edited:
Maybe he's underrated because his name is spelled wrong and nobody can find him online.

Unless you mean "Quiero Queiro a regresar en el año proximo"
Si. I like that his name translates into a common Spanish word. And I also wish he would return next season.

Ended the Pinstripe Bowl with a pick to seal the deal and then a late pick six to win the Music City Bowl. Talk about coming up big on big stage
Don't forget his INT to seal the win vs. Stanford.

Hmmm. If Quiero (and by proxy the rest of NU’s team) would be buried behind all the 4 & 5 Star players on UM’s team, why did NU outperform them on the field this year?

Last edited:
Hmmm. If Quiero (and by proxy the rest of NU’s team) would be buried behind all the 4 & 5 Star players on UM’s team, why did NU outperform them on the field this year?

Oh, you’re right. All of our kids must be better than all of theirs. No question about it. That’s how it works.

And we performed better than them because.....???? They lost to the same Penn State and Wisconsin teams we did. They lost to Ohio State where we didn’t play anyone that good. Before you go into the whole transitive property and woulda shoulda coulda arguments so many on this board love to make, Michigan had the 15th ranked SOS this year to our 35th/9th in the Big Ten.

But boy, you make a great argument.

Last edited:

I think he is just saying that here he got to play more earlier than he might have at Mich. And that playing time allowed him to develop. At the same time, if he had gotten on the field at Mich and played the way he has, ABT would be a forgone conclusion

Oh, you’re right. All of our kids must be better than all of theirs. No question about it. That’s how it works.

And we performed better than them because.....???? They lost to the same Penn State and Wisconsin teams we did. They lost to Ohio State where we didn’t play anyone that good. Before you go into the whole transitive property and woulda shoulda coulda arguments so many on this board love to make, Michigan had the 15th ranked SOS this year to our 35th.

But boy, you make a great argument.

Did you stay up too late last night? Just carrying your argument to its logical next step.

Did you stay up too late last night? Just carrying your argument to its logical next step.

Nothing logical about your ‘next step’. My point that Michigan has better athletes coming in each year that wouldn’t have afforded Jackson the opportunities there he’s had here, you took to mean all our kids are better than all their kids because we were 9-3 to their 8-4.

Nothing logical about your ‘next step’. My point that Michigan has better athletes coming in each year that wouldn’t have afforded Jackson the opportunities there he’s had here, you took to mean all our kids are better than all their kids because we were 9-3 to their 8-4.

Care to revise your position, now?

Yep, they lost to South Carolina. So that means we have better players at every position and Justin would have started four years there and gotten more accolades than he ever got at NU. Makes perfect sense.

Yep, they lost to South Carolina. So that means we have better players at every position and Justin would have started four years there and gotten more accolades than he ever got at NU. Makes perfect sense.

Nothing like a little hyperbole. Huh, Darth?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT