ADVERTISEMENT

Rankin

Still incredible to me that Rankin went to Abbott Pennings High School. Tiny little all-male school in Green Bay. I went to rival (and coed) Premontre while he was at Pennings. The year or two after Rankin graduated the three Catholic high schools combined into one coed school. Unbelievable that Pennings got a talent like Kevin Rankin.

Boo is our Glue Guy
and
Nicholson is our Sniper
and
Chase is Mr. Chill
and
Barney is Prince Charming
and
Robbie is our Rabid Dog

Somehow it works.

I took a picture of Kevin Rankin and Evan Eschmeyer talking at the pep rally in Salt Lake City. If only Evan were healthy his first two years and got to play with Rankin, Baldwin, and Leslie their final (NIT) season.

There was one game that Kevin Rankin didn’t start in his 4 years at NU. It was his Senior year at Youngstown State. Me and my friend made the trek over to YSU to see the ‘Cats play that night.

• Wow
Reactions: NUCat320
I took a picture of Kevin Rankin and Evan Eschmeyer talking at the pep rally in Salt Lake City. If only Evan were healthy his first two years and got to play with Rankin, Baldwin, and Leslie their final (NIT) season.

Since we are playing what if's, what if the year before, Rex Walters (Kansas and later the New Jersey Nets), Evan Pedersen (St Louis), David Holmes (Rice) and Kevin Nixon (BYU) all of whom were starters for NCAA tourney teams and who would have been seniors, had not transferred and were playing with Baldwin, Rankin and Leslie as Juniors and Cedric Neloms as a Sophomore?

Since we are playing what if's, what if the year before, Rex Walters (Kansas and later the New Jersey Nets), Evan Pedersen (St Louis), David Holmes (Rice) and Kevin Nixon (BYU) all of whom were starters for NCAA tourney teams and who would have been seniors, had not transferred and were playing with Baldwin, Rankin and Leslie as Juniors and Cedric Neloms as a Sophomore?
We make the NCAA tournament for the first time in 1993 instead of 2017. That was my sophomore year and why I'll never forgive Walters and his transfer-traitor cohorts.

If I recall, Rex's excuse for wanting to transfer was to be "closer to home." His home was San Jose, CA, which last I checked is not close to Lawrence, KS. Technically though, I guess he was closer to home.

Seeing Kevin Nixon's name always makes me smile. I can recall one time he had a humongous blocked shot (like knocked into the third row) against Illinois All-American Kendall Gill. NU may have lost that game, but I'll always have that memory.

Knew some of those guys - they hated Bill.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT