ADVERTISEMENT

Recent threads on Clayton

SciCat

Mar 7, 2005
Not sure I’ve read them right, but it seems to me that the themes are:

1) CT is responsible for the losses, especially the bad ones, as his play sucked.
2) CT is not responsible for the wins, as he had a better surrounding cast than previous teams did.

I'm confused. It sounds like one of these things is not like the other.

Last edited:

1) CT is responsible for the losses, especially the bad ones, as his play sucked.
2) CT is not responsible for the wins, as he had a better surrounding cast than previous teams did.

Perhaps you are not the one that is confused.

Reactions: SciCat

I think the summary is that CT is an all-time great NU QB with one of the best bodies of work in NU history and NFL arm talent, but also that his on-field play was less consistent than one might hope given his talent and 53 games of experience. Both can be true and we can honor him while still having an honest discussion of pros ad cons.

Dont forget ....Jesus had a good supporting cast......Offensive line known as the 12 Apostles (rules were different then,,weak link or two maybe) This individual discussions for me are always tough because wins and losses seem tied to so many factors and up to a win and loss and even an individuals evaluation is tough because their performance is tied to so many factors.......and for a qb....did he hit the open guy when line gave him time...did he make the right audible when it was his task....as a leader did he motivate his team......was he prepared for games.....did he give 100%, 100% of the time..........I mean even think of a game were the team is down by 21 points.....now the difficulty level for the qb is much more difficult..
All I am going to say is I like him as our qb and enjoyed watching him and rooting for him and am going to miss him and hope the next guy up I feel the same way about.

Dont forget ....Jesus had a good supporting cast......Offensive line known as the 12 Apostles (rules were different then,,weak link or two maybe) This individual discussions for me are always tough because wins and losses seem tied to so many factors and up to a win and loss and even an individuals evaluation is tough because their performance is tied to so many factors.......and for a qb....did he hit the open guy when line gave him time...did he make the right audible when it was his task....as a leader did he motivate his team......was he prepared for games.....did he give 100%, 100% of the time..........I mean even think of a game were the team is down by 21 points.....now the difficulty level for the qb is much more difficult..
All I am going to say is I like him as our qb and enjoyed watching him and rooting for him and am going to miss him and hope the next guy up I feel the same way about.

Indeed. St. Trevor of Ruhland or St. Tommy of Kraemer could have aided His ministry.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Like Jesus, CT was a flawed player who performed some amazing miracles. He is adored by some, distrusted by others. He did rise again after his catastrophic injury, and ascended to a higher plane (or at least helped engineer an amazing comeback in the desert).

(disclaimer: my comments are purely tongue in cheek, but CT's treatment on these boards do make him a bit of a Christ figure)

Reactions: loyolacat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT