ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when Charles Woodson...

Remember when Northwestern won the…………………uh………………um…………….

Has Northwestern ever considered recruiting some players from the Women's Lacrosse team to play football? I would think several of the current football roster would still make the two deep.

He didn't say they did. He said they were "T-shaped". But I won't hold that against you...you have a Tennessee education...

The emblem on the side of the Texas helmet is shaped like something other than a "T".

enhanced-buzz-7199-1267136871-9.jpg

Nobody took a shot at Manning. The OP mentioned Charles Woodson, who IMO deserved the Heisman for his incredible play on offense as well as defense, was the biggest star on an undefeated Michigan team, and who had a reputation for playing outstanding in big games. Woodson is one of the best players in NFL history as well.

Manning had a fine year but lost again to Florida for like the third time in 1996, hence the "Citrus Bowl" remarks from Spurrier.

Now was the OP trolling? Well...

Besides Woodson had to play against Big Ten Teams for a full season. Really no comparison to the weak SEC.

The emblem on the side of the Texas helmet is shaped like something other than a "T".

enhanced-buzz-7199-1267136871-9.jpg

That's actually pretty funny. I will never look at your logo the same way again.

But I digress. Charles Woodson!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fitz51
I can see why you guys are so down on Manning...you obviously know great qb play when you see it.

December 10, 1978...the last time a Northwestern quarterback won an NFL game. Randy Dean was a blistering 8-14 for 24 yards with 1 td and 1 int as the New York Giants stormed to a 17-0 win over the St. Louis Cardinals.

I can see why you guys are so down on Manning...you obviously know great qb play when you see it.

December 10, 1978...the last time a Northwestern quarterback won an NFL game. Randy Dean was a blistering 8-14 for 24 yards with 1 td and 1 int as the New York Giants stormed to a 17-0 win over the St. Louis Cardinals.

Does that mean Tee Martin sucked?

Does that mean Tee Martin sucked?
Where did I say anything about anyone sucking? Just because you aren't great, doesn't mean you suck. There are a ton of mediocre quarterbacks who have been successful. All I'm saying is that Northwestern's mediocre quarterbacks haven't been as successful as mediocre quarterbacks from other programs.

Tee Martin was an average quarterback who, in 1998, played above his head throughout much of the season. He was also surrounded by a ton of talent on offense, had a top 5 defense and excellent special teams...all of which increased the margin of error for the quarterback.

Heath Shuler was runner-up in the Heisman...I don't know that I would call him a great quarterback.

Trent Dilfer was good enough to play in the league and win a Super Bowl...I don't know that I would call him a great quarterback.

Where did I say anything about anyone sucking? Just because you aren't great, doesn't mean you suck. There are a ton of mediocre quarterbacks who have been successful.

Tee Martin was an average quarterback who, in 1998, played above his head throughout much of the season. He was also surrounded by a ton of talent on offense, had a top 5 defense and excellent special teams...all of which increased the margin of error for the quarterback.

Trent Dilfer was good enough to play in the league and win a Super Bowl...I don't know that I would call him a great quarterback.

So your previous post didn't mean anything. Gotcha.

One thing's for sure...you have to be more than just good to win a Heisman.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT