ADVERTISEMENT

RU@NU Prediction Thread

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
Game Day - 3 is here. The Cats are back in action on Saturday. I will predict optimistically, but fear it could get ugly. Here's hoping the team made good use of the bye week.

Scarlet 21
Purple 27

I'll take the over. and after the last game, I have no more crap to fling at Mike Fitz, who, I'm sure, will be 10/10 confidence that we will lose.

I hate predicting against the Wildcats. Even when we go up against dOSU or other overwhelming favorite, I always think we have a puncher's chance. Not so with the current team. My confidence in this team is as low as it was in 2019, and the Dark Ages before that. If Fitz had announced a change in the defensive staff leadership, I would go for the Cats. But I don't see us having a chance.

RU 31
NU 17

Cats 49-3. Scarlets kick with less than 3 minutes left to preserve some dignity, I guess.

I just don’t see that happening. Cats are due.
You live in Georgia, where anything is apparently possible, which I take has made you an optimist. Nothing would be better than to see the Cats turn this season around in dramatic fashion.

Last edited:
Though it probably means nothing, the fact we have the same 2 deep as previously, I don't think we can win this game. I'm guessing Rutgers 28 Wildcats 21

Though it probably means nothing, the fact we have the same 2 deep as previously, I don't think we can win this game. I'm guessing Rutgers 28 Wildcats 21
That, then, suggests the problems have been coaching, and not the players.

I want to believe the Cats have made some changes to scheme the past two weeks and will look much improved. So much so, I'm going to carelessly pick us to win

NU 27
RU 24

Reactions: rmndcat
One thing you can say about Rutgers from the games I have seen, they haven't been beating themselves. Maybe not as talented as other teams, but play clean with effort. Can't say that about this year's Cats. Bummer.

NU - 14
Rutgers - 24

Vegas: RU 23.5, NU 21.5

SP+: RU 24, NU 22

Massey: NU 21, RU 20

I predict that Stephon Robinson is going over 100 yards again.

Our defense has been consistent to start games against P5 opponents.
MSU first play from scrimmage: 75 yd TD run by MSU
Duke first play from scrimmage: 50 yd pass completion
Neb first play from scrimmage: 70 yd pass completion

Halftime scores against P5 opponents:
MSU 21, NU 7
Duke 30, NU 7
Neb 35, NU 7

Dammit, let's change this script against RU. Sick of Fitz not doing something about it.

You live in Georgia, where anything is apparently possible, which I take has made you an optimist. Nothing would be better than to see the Cats turn this season around in dramatic fashion.
So, just out of curiosity, how many of us live in the Atlanta area? I am about 35 miles north of Atlanta.

Not gonna make a prediction because it's either JON figures out how to coach a defense or he doesn't. We can win if he does, and lose if he doesn't.

If the game is close in the 4th quarter, that would be a good sign.

Reactions: drewjin and rmndcat
I hate to pick against the Cats, but so far I have seen little reason to believe they will win this. Assuming the Cats at least improve somewhat on defense, and maybe actually score from the Red zone, they may keep it close.

Rutgers 24
NU 17

Cats 26 The state university of New Jersey 21. The D put the bye week to good use.The offense does not leave any points off the board and we are back in the win column for homecoming.

I'm always optimistic and I let myself get talked into to being optimistic heading into Nebraska. Not gonna let that happen again.

Rutgers 35
Northwestern 17

RU Fan visiting to predict the ugliest game of football most of us have seen in a while.

For RU our two biggest playmakers are likely out. Bo Melton and Cruikshank have been injured over the last three brutal games. Melton is almost surely out and there is no public news on Cruikshank. We have no real other proven offensive weapons other than the backs.

Schiano and Fitzgerald hate the fact there is an offensive component to the game I am convinced they have game planned to play field position until the fourth quarter. Our RU defense should be able to control the NW offense but don’t look for much firepower from our offense.

Good luck and no injuries.

RU Fan visiting to predict the ugliest game of football most of us have seen in a while.

For RU our two biggest playmakers are likely out. Bo Melton and Cruikshank have been injured over the last three brutal games. Melton is almost surely out and there is no public news on Cruikshank. We have no real other proven offensive weapons other than the backs.

Schiano and Fitzgerald hate the fact there is an offensive component to the game I am convinced they have game planned to play field position until the fourth quarter. Our RU defense should be able to control the NW offense but don’t look for much firepower from our offense.

Who are you, and how long have you been spying on our program from Lake Michigan?

We have had a dismal season coming on the heels of a very fun 2020 campaign. Our once stout defense has disintegrated under a new DC whose schemes, by all indications, are too exotic for the NFL, let alone college players. It is VERY vulnerable to big plays, primarily read options where our edge guys lose contain and no one is home in the secondary. It is quite a thing to behold.

I think consistency is the key. NU will not be able to hold Rutgers under 30. Our offense still can’t put up points. We are in shambles, I hope I am wrong. However this season I haven’t seen anything to sway my opinion.

RU 38
NU 13

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT