ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Deakin is a National Champion!

What an amazing, wonderful representative of Northwestern, one of the greatest athletes in school history, and incredible way to end his college career.

Also proud of Sebastian Rivera - would have been amazing for the two of them to go out on top the same year. But Sebastian certainly gave credit to Northwestern and thanks to NU in his post match interviews. He's a New Jersey kid who ended up with the chance to wrestle in front of the folks at home for a few years after graduating from NU, and I'd never hold that against him.

But Ryan - that's just a special moment. Deserved for Coach Storniolo as well. 10/10 to the championships, a national champ, 6th place as a team --- that's some National Coach of the Year stuff in my opinion.

A great day in Northwestern wrestling history.

What an amazing, wonderful representative of Northwestern, one of the greatest athletes in school history, and incredible way to end his college career.

Also proud of Sebastian Rivera - would have been amazing for the two of them to go out on top the same year. But Sebastian certainly gave credit to Northwestern and thanks to NU in his post match interviews. He's a New Jersey kid who ended up with the chance to wrestle in front of the folks at home for a few years after graduating from NU, and I'd never hold that against him.

But Ryan - that's just a special moment. Deserved for Coach Storniolo as well. 10/10 to the championships, a national champ, 6th place as a team --- that's some National Coach of the Year stuff in my opinion.

A great day in Northwestern wrestling history.
Congratulations 🎉 🥊🥊🥊🏆🏆🏆🏆

Reactions: Arlcatsfan
I am wondering if this is more about academics than wrestling? PHD? I doubt if he planning a coaching career with his brainpower. Any inside info?
Ryan is very smart! Two Masters from Northwestern after majoring in Economics! Unparalleled except for Wrassler, who double majored at NU ( Economics and Human Development and Social Policy) then finished his MA in History before being accepted to The University of Pennsylvania’s PhD Program in Educational Leadership. Wrassler completed 72 hours post MA after leaving Philadelphia after a year of getting liberal philosophy shoved down his throat on a daily basis! Wrassler is quite liberal himself but draws ✍️ the line at truth and human understanding!

Ryan is very smart! Two Masters from Northwestern after majoring in Economics! Unparalleled except for Wrassler, who double majored at NU ( Economics and Human Development and Social Policy) then finished his MA in History before being accepted to The University of Pennsylvania’s PhD Program in Educational Leadership. Wrassler completed 72 hours post MA after leaving Philadelphia after a year of getting liberal philosophy shoved down his throat on a daily basis! Wrassler is quite liberal himself but draws ✍️ the line at truth and human understanding!
The question that remains is he going to Stanford to improve his freestyle wrestling career objectives?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT