ADVERTISEMENT

Salty Purdue fans / arrogant IU fans

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
Perusing Twitter & a lot of Purdue fans are whining about the officiating and raging at our students for heckling a guy who blew a .272 BAC. Several commenting how they never thought they’d hate our fans this much. This is progress. They expect to roll into Evanston and have a pleasant time with our pleasant fans, then leave victorious. Not this year. Not with these students. Love their anger. Savor it. Do more to earn more of it. I want these visiting fans leaving angry and sad, with headaches from the noise.

Also seeing some IU fans confident that they’ll avenge our win in Bloomington. One guy called us a mid-major program. Would be nice to make even more Indianans sad and bitter this week.

I’ll just say this: I don’t know what the fan % breakdown was today, but on tv, it looked and sounded absolutely lit. Like, *rocking.* And a strong home court advantage. So so glad the team has rewarded the fans, especially the students, for the truly unprecedented support this season. Let’s keep it going…

Perusing Twitter & a lot of Purdue fans are whining about the officiating and raging at our students for heckling a guy who blew a .272 BAC. Several commenting how they never thought they’d hate our fans this much. This is progress. They expect to roll into Evanston and have a pleasant time with our pleasant fans, then leave victorious. Not this year. Not with these students. Love their anger. Savor it. Do more to earn more of it. I want these visiting fans leaving angry and sad, with headaches from the noise.

Also seeing some IU fans confident that they’ll avenge our win in Bloomington. One guy called us a mid-major program. Would be nice to make even more Indianans sad and bitter this week.

I’ll just say this: I don’t know what the fan % breakdown was today, but on tv, it looked and sounded absolutely lit. Like, *rocking.* And a strong home court advantage. So so glad the team has rewarded the fans, especially the students, for the truly unprecedented support this season. Let’s keep it going…
WR Arena should be an unfun place for road teams to play. The students are almost oppressively on top of the court and the opposing bench. It’s small and a little claustrophobic compared to the bigger arenas guys are used to. There should be students scrambling the ears of the bench all game, screwing up sight lines all game, talking trash to fans all game. I’m not saying I want us to be animals, but it should be a jarring environment where visiting teams and fans should leave irritated.

The Reddit college basketball mods hit me with a ban for calling Purdue fans whiney losers.

Pathetic

1) Purdue has always had the whiniest fans in the conference, who believe that any foul called on their saints is illegitimate and that every bit of contact by an opposing team should be called a foul. Screw them.

2) Back in my college day when Facebook was fairly new and opposing players would accept friend requests thus enabling me to learn all about them, I made damn sure to find out any piece of unsavory information that could throw a player off his game. Pierre Pierce comes to mind, Illinois' Rich McBride had a DUI along with Purdue's Tarrance Crump who drove drunk and hit a Purdue student on campus. This is not new, though I'm glad to see our students are back to doing their research.

1) Purdue has always had the whiniest fans in the conference, who believe that any foul called on their saints is illegitimate and that every bit of contact by an opposing team should be called a foul. Screw them.

There was a Purdue fan sitting behind me who spent THE ENTIRE GAME whining about the officiating. Literally every single Purdue possession, yelling "that's a foul!" and often more than once.

Well, I say the entire game. He got really quiet in the final couple of minutes.

Last edited:

2) Back in my college day when Facebook was fairly new and opposing players would accept friend requests thus enabling me to learn all about them, I made damn sure to find out any piece of unsavory information that could throw a player off his game. Pierre Pierce comes to mind, Illinois' Rich McBride had a DUI along with Purdue's Tarrance Crump who drove drunk and hit a Purdue student on campus. This is not new, though I'm glad to see our students are back to doing their research.
Just wanna clear old Rich McBride’s name, but I’m nearly 100% sure that was someone else. Jamar Smith maybe? Long time ago.

Actually, he's correct about Jamar Smith, too!

Lol, damn. I must have been too young to remember the McBride thing, guessing that was when he was younger? I was in seventh grade during the 2005 season, and I believe the Jamar Smith thing happened during 2006 or 2007.

I’ll admit that I was bitching up a storm in the stands every time their point guards would initiate contact, flail, and throw themselves to the ground.

After a while, I was just shouting “oh my, did he fall down again?”

I still can’t believe the refs didn’t start calling flopping fouls on them.

. I’m not saying I want us to be animals, but it should be a jarring environment where visiting teams and fans should leave irritated.
I just want us to be Wildcats.

It was a stroke of brilliance to make yesterday a black-out. A shame we can’t wear the ‘Chicago’s Own’ jerseys and make Wednesday a Red Out :)

Indiana state championship, here we come.

I remember NU fans shouting "Prop 48" to any opposing player who knowingly got terrible grades.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT