ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Illinois

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
There was a lot to like about that first half. I would like to have a bigger lead, but hey, I'll take it.

NU is just POUNDING the ball. Some eye-opening numbers in that first half.

Total yards: NU 180 UI 30
Rush yards: NU 162 UI 1
First downs: NU 12 UI 1
Total Plays: NU 46 UI 14
TOP: NU 25:08 UI 4:52

Marty is 4-7 passing and had two receivers drop the ball -- one for a TD. He threw one pick and probably should've had another.

We are going to lose this game because they can complete passes and we can not.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Titanium999
Only been watching here and there, but pretty impressive throw and catch on that TD.

Marty also seems to have an impressive motor, but I fear he will get beat up early in a full B1G season.

Momentum with the Cats!

Nice to see offense has been able to keep defense off the field,

Tim Tebow isn’t nearly an accurate comparison but does anyone remember Bradlee Van Pelt? Started at MSU but they wanted him to switch to LB so he ended up playing QB at Colorado State? That’s who Marty reminds me of. Big, physical runner who feeds off the energy of the game and inspires teammates, but isn’t the world’s most consistent passer. Always a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Reactions: Titanium999
We cannot stop the slant. It amazes me that teams don't run it every single play.

Borrowing an expression from Turk, our Cornerbacks “need work”.

Its cute that teams in the BIG play football, but there is Ohio State and then there is everybody else. My god are they good.

Reactions: NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT