ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Illinois

Ty Berry’s Dad died a week ago and he played under five minutes. Maybe we can give him a break...
But if catfans5 gave him a break, he wouldn’t win fictional internet points against total strangers who wouldn’t recognize him on the L if they rode next to him the whole way back to Evanston from O’Hare.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: FeralFelidae
Obviously, you’ve given up and neither the players nor I have. Why do you bother following?

There are measurements for performance called wins and losses.
I have followed the Cats since age 8 or over 50 years. A local fan that NU desperately needs to buy tickets and fill it’s stands. I like college ball. The continued performance can certainly cause the loss of fans like myself.

Reactions: Sec.112
There are measurements for performance called wins and losses.
I have followed the Cats since age 8 or over 50 years. A local fan that NU desperately needs to buy tickets and fill it’s stands. I like college ball. The continued performance can certainly cause the loss of fans like myself.
I think our odds of another win (think about that for a minute) are extremely low. It will be interesting on how that is messaged to the small fanbase. The club level seating was empty last year, I anticipate more of the same as there is little incentive to invest time and money in this crew.

I thought Chris coached a terrific game last night. His in game defensive adjustments were effective in limiting Kofi and Ayo For much of the game. NU needs an athletic/strong big, but the complimentary pieces are there for another tournament bid next year.

I thought Chris coached a terrific game last night. His in game defensive adjustments were effective in limiting Kofi and Ayo For much of the game. NU needs an athletic/strong big, but the complimentary pieces are there for another tournament bid next year.
Yes, definitely need a 7-3, 7-4 recruit. Maybe get a Purdue reject?

• Haha
Reactions: drewjin
Recruiting is not exactly like going to the supermarket and pick and choose what you want from the shelf. For NU it's more like going to the supermarket, when Covid started, and trying to find toilet paper.
Well a lot of other programs don't seem to have those problems.

Recruiting is not exactly like going to the supermarket and pick and choose what you want from the shelf. For NU it's more like going to the supermarket, when Covid started, and trying to find toilet paper.
That’s untrue. Recruiting for NU is like buying manager’s special pork loin, combining it with some old mushrooms and spinach, and turning it into a beautiful roulade.

It’s a little harder at NU than elsewhere, but it starts with identifying and developing talent.

Like others before him, the PBJ saga is going to prove to be nothing more than a spectacular waste of time.

What a weird lineup, even out of the timeout.

Boo-Greer-Audige-Kopp-Young

Cappy! You’re needed!
Yep, that was a new lineup for us this year. Think we were just running out of bodies at that point. Collins had decided Berry wasn't ready to play, Beran just picked up his 4th foul and Nance had 3 fouls. Normally Berry would've been there in place of Greer, but also Kopp generally only plays the 4 when Gaines is in, and he had just been subbed out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT