ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Minnesota

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
Thank you, sir, may I have another! What a half for NU, which leads 43-21 at the break. Their shooting came back (45 percent from the floor). This new zone pressure defense bothered the heck out of the Gophers, forcing eight turnovers and taking Nate Mason (2 points, 3 fouls) and Jordan Murphy (0 points, 1 rebound) out of the game. BMac has 7 assists, eight Cats have scored.

Yes, Minnesota is depleted with Reggie Lynch and Amir Coffey, but no way did I think NU would be up 22 at the half.

Trading technicals and some rough play. Minn is shooting free throws quite well this evening. We aren’t for the most part.

I wish I enjoyed actually watching basketball more than I do. I like following it, but watching it can be aggravating.

Minn could turn this into a free throw fest, we can’t let that happen based on our shooting. But I like pardon dunking. That’s a pretty high percentage shot for him.

BMac seems to be holding up well, but I notice he isn’t jumping too high - on purpose I assume.

Let’s stay healthy cats!

Who is that fan who keeps screaming? Can hear it on TV, a friend at the game says there’s a line forming to take her out.

I dunno. Is Brown in the doghouse? Ash has been terrible this half, but no Brown

Wow! #2 gets blocked and bitches hard at the ref. Hard enough to earn a technical and his fifth foul.

Oops

Great game by Mac so far. Dinner want to jinx him but no turnovers with all those assists is impressive.

So was Collins disheveled look deliberate to give the team more energy? Either way, that was a completely different team playing tonight.

Thank you sir, may I have another?

I know it has been a disappointing season based on the high expectations entering the season. Basketball is a game of confidence and the team has looked to be lacking confidence and intensity. Seemed to have both tonight. I believe we have a very good coach but he can't make it all happen himself. I love man to man defense but the switch to zone seemed to spark the team tonight.

Hopefully the team can use this game to launch a long winning streak like our football team. Collins seemed a lot more animated tonight too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT