ADVERTISEMENT

Second-half thread for NU vs. Rutgers

lou v

Aug 27, 2004
I mean, NU can't play much better than that.

They shot 48.5% from the floor, hit 6 3s, had 10 assists on 16 baskets, committed one TO, got 12 points off the bench, overcame a 3-minute scoring drought and held Rutgers to 33.3% shooting and 0-9 on 3s.

Buie and Kopp have 11 each and Jared Jones, playing out of his head, has 6 points.

I know we can't breathe easy until the final buzzer, but that was a helluva half.

NU 38 RU 27

Rutgers’ defense got a lot tighter in the last 1/3 of the 1/2.

Need to keep composure and stay very concentrated on offense. They’ll make runs. We’re all thinking Maryland.

A good start for us. Jones playing like a beast, and Boo takes another charge

Absolutely, no offense from Robbie and Nance, but we're still doing quite well. Today at least the team seems to play better with Nance not on the floor.

Good comment earlier about Boo taking charges. He does it again!

Sidebar- While I do appreciate the enthusiasm Rutgers fans are showing in a double digit deficit to worst team in the BIG, booing at every single call against them (there have been very few) is a bit obnoxious.

They’ve shot 15 free throws to NU’s 2. Relax RAC.

Reactions: LansingCat
One things Collins has done this game is use his bench a lot more. I hope it makes a difference in the last few minutes, with the players on the floor having a little gas left in the tank.

Reactions: drewjin
You know the players, in their minds, are thinking about previous end of game fails. Just keep running the offense as usual!

Five-point lead about four minutes to go it's time to flip this switch . We need to score points and make stops

You know the players, in their minds, are thinking about previous end of game fails. Just keep running the offense as usual!
There's no more movement without the ball. They're standing around looking at the point guard. They all look scared. Just ball out! What have you got to lose?

I think they hold on and win this one. Rutgers has used a lot of energy, Cats have a rested Buie coming off the bench.

Cats need to get good shots. They know from past experience now that they need to keep scoring!!!

GatoLouco said:

There's no more movement without the ball. They're standing around looking at the point guard. They all look scared. Just ball out! What have you got to lose?
[/quote]
Isolation ball right now. Good decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT