ADVERTISEMENT

Second half thread, NU at Iowa

I'd love to see a play action pass here.

Edit: I said this on 2nd down, not 3rd and long.

I would have liked to see us try to pick up the 1st down.

Reactions: drewjin
O.k. Yes. Bajakian. Cardiac. (staggers away)

Way to fight, Cats.

Reactions: DaCat
Fits isn’t calling those last plays. Jake is.

Smart play by Bowser to go down inbounds.

Statistically it wasn't a big game for Ramsey today, but he managed the game and situations extremely well. We weren't quite as unbalanced offensively as the final stats show, as I would venture to get 75%-ish of those 12 Ramsey rushes were called pass plays where he was forced to make a play. He created good plays where none existed and kept drives alive. I wanted to take a look at the 3rd down conversion rate because I felt like we made play after play on 3rd down to keep the chains moving. Not big plays, but plays that did enough. Sure enough, we were 10/19 for the game, but I broke that down into a little deeper chunks.

1st 3 3rd downs: 1/3 - These were against the wind in the 1st quarter when we were struggling to get started

Next 11 3rd downs: 8/11 - This is where I "felt" we just coming up with play after play and our WR's came up big too with some big catches (McGowan had himself a day and RCB came up big on occasion too)

Next 5 3rd downs: 1/5 - This was in the last part of the game after we had taken the lead and were playing a little more conservatively

Reactions: drewjin and DaCat
Our passing game was underwhelming. McGowan and RCB were the only guys getting open apparently. I don't remember a single target to Raine or Washington. For that matter, I don't even recall too many passes to our backs except the one to Anderson. I guess Jake figured a lot of plays that worked against MD last week wouldn't work against Io_a. Puzzling game calling at times.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT