ADVERTISEMENT

So are we going to beat Illannoys tonight?

Hound Ayo. After seeing MI hound Carr yesterday, and be uber successful, double team the talented skinny demon.

Realistically, rather unlikely. Not sure who's gonna stop Cockburn inside. But as you'll recall, guys, we've seen the Cubs win the World Series . . . and when you've seen that, you know you can never say never about anything. Beyond the score, though, I'm looking forward to seeing how we stack up against a very talented team. Hoping Michigan was a hiccup more than a true measure of where we are.

Our best hope rests on the fact that they are not very deep, and not very tall. I think we should focus on locking down the 3-point line and allowing Coburn to have his points, while trying to get some of their players in foul trouble. We're 4-3 against them at home under Collins, dare to dream!

Reactions: DaCat
You guys are over blowing Cockburn's abilities. He is a monster, but he's not super skilled offensively. He's not a big shot creator. His stats against us last year:

@ IL - 12 pts / 7 rb / 34 min (we played pretty tight till the end)
@ NU - 12 pts / 14 rb / 30 min (we were never that close past 1/2 way of the 1st half)

You know who started @ IL? Beran, Nance and Young. All 3! Wow. Young can actually be on the floor with Nance. And even with both Beran and Nance.

At the WR, Beran and Young started.

Sure Cockburn had the chance of getting better. He's averaging 3.6 more pts this year. But conference play just started.

The problem is a lot more Ayo IMO.

You guys are over blowing Cockburn's abilities. He is a monster, but he's not super skilled offensively. He's not a big shot creator. His stats against us last year:

@ IL - 12 pts / 7 rb / 34 min (we played pretty tight till the end)
@ NU - 12 pts / 14 rb / 30 min (we were never that close past 1/2 way of the 1st half)

You know who started @ IL? Beran, Nance and Young. All 3! Wow. Young can actually be on the floor with Nance. And even with both Beran and Nance.

At the WR, Beran and Young started.

Sure Cockburn had the chance of getting better. He's averaging 3.6 more pts this year. But conference play just started.

The problem is a lot more Ayo IMO.
If he gets our bigs in foul trouble, that'll impact the game as much as if he went off for 20. I hope we contain him without fouling too much.

NU scrapped with Iowa for most of that game. Let's see them scrap with Illinois the same way. Stay close. Keep pressure on Illinois.

Here's hoping CCC has the team ready to reach peak performance level and hit those shots. Let's see that home court advantage.

GO CATS!

Do you go to your water cooler and talk about water being wet? The only thing surprising about this game was how we arrived at the conclusion.
Your are right of course, so be the typical puffy chested Illini fan. I get your point, as I do the same after NU’s annual football win. The games are so boring in each sport because they are never close and talent gap is significant. Now go back to your board and congratulate each other.

Your are right of course, so be the typical puffy chested Illini fan. I get your point, as I do the same after NU’s annual football win. The games are so boring in each sport because they are never close and talent gap is significant. Now go back to your board and congratulate each other.
Thanks, no need. I got all the satisfaction I needed already.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT