ADVERTISEMENT

Start counting those seats, folks

Prices resemble those of a real Big 10 team.....and note to Willy:

Beer and Wine are complementary in the Wilson Club.....all for the mere $6,000 donation!
I know I've been there but I was referencing the football stadium. BTW, that "Club" was like sitting in someone's, bungalow basement. Hope they will have something much larger and nicer to replace it.

I know I've been there but I was referencing the football stadium. BTW, that "Club" was like sitting in someone's, bungalow basement. Hope they will have something much larger and nicer to replace it.
Can someone break down the options? It doesn't appear to be mobile comparable and of course the site is blocked at work.

From the "Explanation of Seating Map" page:

"Donation requirements are annual commitments and must be renewed each year."

Ugh. Minimum $1,950 for a seat in the lower bowl, it looks like. That's a lot of cash, considering a third or more of the games tend to be against Mississippi Valley State.

There's some real interesting seats in the new arena that require an incredibly small donation.

If you can get in the first row of the upper level behind the basket, your total price is $20 per ticket/game. That's not horrible at all. I'd sit up there any day of the week rather than the second half of the former 200-level.

seating-map.png

Prices resemble those of a real Big 10 team.....and note to Willy:

Beer and Wine are complementary in the Wilson Club.....all for the mere $6,000 donation!
I looked, this all seemed pretty reasonable to me. I'm not sure I get the complaints. They kept the # years season tickets as an "OR" qualifier, so if you've been going for 20+ years you keep your top priority seats without needing to donate anything. The 15-20 the next group, and so on down.

You really only need to put in an annual donation if you are hoping to "skip" the proverbial line in terms of preference by how long you've been a STH. I don't see what the problem is with that, it seems quite reasonable to me.

I'm guessing the Wilson club is a separate required donation thing which I probably didn't read enough to figure out, but overall this seems like a sensible approach to me.

Actually, if you're also a football STH this is fantastic news. Your seat donations count towards football parking. I have no complaints. The only downside is a potential impact to sport specific funds. I've always budgeted a certain total donation amount which I've divided up between Excellence Fund/N-Fund, NGN, and WLAX boosters. Now I'll simply give it all (same total amount) to the Excellence Fund (i.e. seat donation).

I looked, this all seemed pretty reasonable to me. I'm not sure I get the complaints. They kept the # years season tickets as an "OR" qualifier, so if you've been going for 20+ years you keep your top priority seats without needing to donate anything. The 15-20 the next group, and so on down.

You really only need to put in an annual donation if you are hoping to "skip" the proverbial line in terms of preference by how long you've been a STH. I don't see what the problem is with that, it seems quite reasonable to me.

I'm guessing the Wilson club is a separate required donation thing which I probably didn't read enough to figure out, but overall this seems like a sensible approach to me.

I don't think you reading it correctly. Seems to me the OR qualifier only relates to priority of when you can select seats. You still have to pony up the donation for where you want to sit.

I don't think you reading it correctly. Seems to me the OR qualifier only relates to priority of when you can select seats. You still have to pony up the donation for where you want to sit.
well but it's still going to be demand dependent then. if there are 1,000 STH seats in a given sector, and only 400 seats worth of STH pay up for that level, then the remaining 600 would fall to long-term season ticket holders, no?

you just aren't guaranteed anything unless you pay the going donation rate for a given section.

or would they let sections go empty / sell as single-game tickets if they don't get the allotted number of STHs for that level?

Another question: When they say, "Donation for 1-2 seats" or "for 3-4 seats", is that per seat or per account?

What's the consensus on which section offers the best "bang for the buck", assuming you're not going to pony up for the Wilson Club?

I guess the upfront donation also builds in accountability for STHs who sell a bunch of tickets on StubHub?

I'm excited about new WR but think pricing is a bit aggressive at L1, L2 donations to ticket prices > 1:1 ratio e.g. L1: $2.5k + $1k ticket = $3.5k for 17 games with 1/3 being ho-hum non conference. That's $205/ game for all games. Can't imagine couldn't StubHub 3-5 games per year and not be way ahead. Thoughts?

L1: $2.5k + $1k ticket = $3.5k for 17 games

I don't disagree with your general idea, but L1 tix are $500/ticket.

I can deal with a few things about NU's direction, but I'm not in love with the flat fee for tickets to an uncertain number of games. A per game cost can change drastically from 17 to 21 home games in a season.

I assume that line item will be more flexible in the future as this whole thing evolves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT