ADVERTISEMENT

Story to NU

Aging Booster

Apr 10, 2014
Is this the first time Fitz has beaten OSU for a commitment from a young man from Ohio whom the Buckeyes very much wanted?

I accept that you may know far more of the inside story, but it is hard for me to believe the offer was not actionable, given OSU was in his final 5 and 247 had him as an OSU lean until this morning. I remember Fitz saying not too long ago that the next step for our recruiting was to get a guy out of Ohio that OSU wanted. Who was it we got before Najee?

Reactions: DaCat
I accept that you may know far more of the inside story, but it is hard for me to believe the offer was not actionable, given OSU was in his final 5 and 247 had him as an OSU lean until this morning. I remember Fitz saying not too long ago that the next step for our recruiting was to get a guy out of Ohio that OSU wanted. Who was it we got before Najee?

Lou has the back story on the Rock. Premium content. Check it out.

Reactions: NU Houston
In any case..... Welcome Najee! An excellent life decision. Great to have you and your family joining the NUFB family.

Reactions: drewjin

OSU took a late run at Godwin Igwebuike. Jordan Thompson was similar. Ifeadi Odenigbo had an OSU offer as well, though not clear if “committable” or not.

OSU took a late run at Godwin Igwebuike. Jordan Thompson was similar. Ifeadi Odenigbo had an OSU offer as well, though not clear if “committable” or not.

I think Story falls into the same category as Tiernan, Priebe and Skoronski. All of them were good enough prospects to receive on "the board" offers from OSU, but were not prioritized for take now commitments. Given the level of OSU's recruitment, that's tremendous validation that we are getting some high quality prospects.

Story's limited sophomore film showed enough to see why he was nationally pursued by the elite. Excellent size. Great feet, balance and burst. I read a recent quote from his HS coach that Najee has regained a bunch of strength since the end of the 2019 season. So we're all hoping for him that he's back to 100% real soon.

Definitely a great fit kid with the potential to develop into a play maker for the Cats. If not on the DL, then possibly as an athletic inline TE that can catch the ball..

GOUNUII

Reactions: DaCat
Well, "commitable" or not, we still beat out Penn State, Minnesota, Tennessee, and every other school! Go Cats! Go Najee!

I think Story falls into the same category as Tiernan, Priebe and Skoronski. All of them were good enough prospects to receive on "the board" offers from OSU, but were not prioritized for take now commitments. Given the level of OSU's recruitment, that's tremendous validation that we are getting some high quality prospects.
Agree with all of this. And OSU has "only" 169 2021 offers out, which is pretty selective given who they recruit against for top prospects. Pretty dang impressive that Najee was one of the 169.

Story's limited sophomore film showed enough to see why he was nationally pursued by the elite. Excellent size. Great feet, balance and burst. I read a recent quote from his HS coach that Najee has regained a bunch of strength since the end of the 2019 season. So we're all hoping for him that he's back to 100% real soon.

Definitely a great fit kid with the potential to develop into a play maker for the Cats. If not on the DL, then possibly as an athletic inline TE that can catch the ball..

GOUNUII

My understanding is that OSU very much wanted Priebe and Tiernan.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
We're (OSU) doing OK with 2021 DL recruiting class. Hopefully Najee stays injury free this year. Good luck to him at NU.

There may have been someone else since, I don’t remember, nut Ifeadi Odenigbo had a dOSU offer. Before that Jeff Backes. Rumors had it that Zach Strief did too, but not sure that was the case.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT