ADVERTISEMENT

"Sweet 16" class of 2020 seems about wrapped up

freewillie07

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2017
Guessing they save a couple more spots for late risers and possible decommits from other schools. Very possible that Ohio State's/Michigan's/Penn State's loss is NU's gain. Two guys I'm keeping my eye on in particular:

Cameron Martinez, Ohio State: By all accounts, NU was right in it until the end. It probably came down to the Cats and the Buckeyes. With the massive amount of talent at receiver at Ohio State, Cam is almost certainly going to be asked to play CB/Safety. But even there, they have a ton of talent, with Lathon Ransom coming aboard last week. Cam would get a lot of playing time at WR from day 1 in Evanston. Will continue to think there's a chance until signing day.

Kris Jenkins, Michigan: Yes, star ratings are for losers. But believe it or not, Jenkins is Michigan's fifth-lowest rated recruit, and the lowest among the DEs. Harbaugh is known for his shady recruiting tactics and for nudging players out. I don't think it's at that point yet, but if Kenny Mestidor becomes a Wolverine, you have to think that DE room is getting pretty crowded. NU really needs a true DT but would 100% take Jenkins, I imagine.

Any one of these guys would be a massive get. Seems like Fitz will take his Top 25 class and let the chips fall where they may.

Guessing they save a couple more spots for late risers and possible decommits from other schools. Very possible that Ohio State's/Michigan's/Penn State's loss is NU's gain. Two guys I'm keeping my eye on in particular:

Cameron Martinez, Ohio State: By all accounts, NU was right in it until the end. It probably came down to the Cats and the Buckeyes. With the massive amount of talent at receiver at Ohio State, Cam is almost certainly going to be asked to play CB/Safety. But even there, they have a ton of talent, with Lathon Ransom coming aboard last week. Cam would get a lot of playing time at WR from day 1 in Evanston. Will continue to think there's a chance until signing day.

Kris Jenkins, Michigan: Yes, star ratings are for losers. But believe it or not, Jenkins is Michigan's fifth-lowest rated recruit, and the lowest among the DEs. Harbaugh is known for his shady recruiting tactics and for nudging players out. I don't think it's at that point yet, but if Kenny Mestidor becomes a Wolverine, you have to think that DE room is getting pretty crowded. NU really needs a true DT but would 100% take Jenkins, I imagine.

Any one of these guys would be a massive get. Seems like Fitz will take his Top 25 class and let the chips fall where they may.

Nice post for the “free board.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT