ADVERTISEMENT

the biggest difference i have seen from last year

haywood jahblowme

Aug 5, 2010
is that this team does not play with joy or have fun with each other.

maybe its coaching, maybe its not. i tend to think coaching is having players in the right spot to execute plays and setting up plays/schemes.

yes - coaching is having players cut hard and take pride in defense etc... but that has to be a 2-way street - and we have seen CCC is capable of getting a team to do it like last year. actually i think one common theme of Collin's NU teams has been their hustle and fight regardless of talent level.

but this group of current players this year is different.

i don't think you can coach players into having fun and enjoy playing with each other. it definitely appears to me that the team does not like to play with each other. there is no happiness or excitement between them.

hard to tell what friction exists in the locker room and how it affects guys on the court. they certainly do not look like a band of brothers who want to fight together and for each other though the way they did last year.

maybe its coaching, maybe its not. i tend to think coaching is having players in the right spot to execute plays and setting up plays/schemes.

yes - coaching is having players cut hard and take pride in defense etc... but that has to be a 2-way street - and we have seen CCC is capable of getting a team to do it like last year. actually i think one common theme of Collin's NU teams has been their hustle and fight regardless of talent level.

i don't think you can coach players into having fun and enjoy playing with each other. it definitely appears to me that the team does not like to play with each other. there is no happiness or excitement between them.

hard to tell what friction exists in the locker room and how it affects guys on the court. they certainly do not look like a band of brothers who want to fight together and for each other though the way they did last year.

Well said. Painfully obvious to any NU fan watching.

Do you think that these dislikes of one another might lead to someone leaving the team?

I don't know that it's personal issues. It just looks to me as if they've lost confidence in each other. Cold shooting will do that to a team. You can see it most clearly at the end of each half. BMac just dribbles until he gets in trouble and no one gets a shot off. It's as if he has no confidence in the offense or his teammates to generate a good shot. And if that comes from the coaches, then the coaches lack that confidence.

Each player also gets down on himself more than last year. at least that's my supposition based on hustle and body-language. Again, cold shooting will do that to a guy.

I don't know that it's personal issues. It just looks to me as if they've lost confidence in each other. Cold shooting will do that to a team. You can see it most clearly at the end of each half. BMac just dribbles until he gets in trouble and no one gets a shot off. It's as if he has no confidence in the offense or his teammates to generate a good shot. And if that comes from the coaches, then the coaches lack that confidence.

Each player also gets down on himself more than last year. at least that's my supposition based on hustle and body-language. Again, cold shooting will do that to a guy.
That explains a bad game... not a whole season, which is what we seem to be seeing.

I kinda' hope we learn that one of them slept with another's girlfriend or something. Then the loss of team chemistry would make some sense. Right now, this uncertainly it confusing and alarming.

That explains a bad game... not a whole season, which is what we seem to be seeing.

I kinda' hope we learn that one of them slept with another's girlfriend or something. Then the loss of team chemistry would make some sense. Right now, this uncertainly it confusing and alarming.
Shooting's been cold the entire season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT