ADVERTISEMENT

The departed

I’d rather not have an inane debate over which former player we would hypothetically rather have playing backup center but here we are. I blame myself.
Young could have transferred back for this season. It’s not that far fetched.

Don’t you recall Jeremiah Lewis, the football safety who did the opposite? Transferred here from Duke, and then back to Duke for this final season?

I'm happy Ryan is having a good career at Duke and I believe he would be a liability on this current NU team as constructed.

Reactions: drewjin
Ryan Young doesn't throw down the alley-oop that Preston did last night.
He would have helped us a lot against Rutgers, Iowa, Nebraska, and maybe Chicago State.

If we had our current roster plus Young, we’d probably be a 5 seed right now. Instead Duke gets his services and we are gasping for air. Awesome. 🙄

I'm happy Ryan is having a good career at Duke and I believe he would be a liability on this current NU team as constructed.
He is just trolling because he doesn’t have the Rant board to fall back on for amusement. Relishes in taking a contrarian approach no matter if he believes it or not. I am astonished that someone that advocates sitting your best players in a conference championship tournament and can’t recognize “poor fits” on a team ever played high level sports. That’s why it is a trolling effort.

I’d rather not have an inane debate over which former player we would hypothetically rather have playing backup center but here we are. I blame myself.
Just imagine Young and Martinelli hopping inside together, though. That would be some shit.

• Haha
Jordan is going dancing. Morehead State got their conference’s AQ
Lathon had far and away his best season. Stats say that he shifted to an off-ball position and shot much better.

The one that got away…
(Kidding! If Lathon had come maybe Boo would’ve never gotten his offer.)

Lathon had far and away his best season. Stats say that he shifted to an off-ball position and shot much better.

The one that got away…
(Kidding! If Lathon had come maybe Boo would’ve never gotten his offer.)
Wasn’t Lathon allegedly involved in some not good things which caused his scholarship offer to be rescinded?

Wasn’t Lathon allegedly involved in some not good things which caused his scholarship offer to be rescinded?
He apparently assaulted a student while on his visit. Guessing the accusation wasn’t Terence Shannon bad, but close.

• Wow
Robbie Beran played his last college game today, in the most Beran-ish way possible: 8 minutes, no points, rebounds or assists, 1 turnover and 5 fouls.
Most Beran-ish way would have been 1 three within the first 2 minutes. Then disappear for the rest of the game offensively after 1-2 misses. Defensively play really well on most possessions than have a mental error and completely lose his man on about 3 possessions.

Most Beran-ish way would have been 1 three within the first 2 minutes. Then disappear for the rest of the game offensively after 1-2 misses. Defensively play really well on most possessions than have a mental error and completely lose his man on about 3 possessions.
Well, his one FG attempt was a 3, which he missed.

Looks like Roper got 17 minutes of play, so at least he didn't watch his last game from the bench.

Jared Coleman-Jones in the midst of a 16 point 10 rebound double-double effort as his MTSU Blue Raiders try to hold on and upset Louisiana Tech. 3 minutes to go on ESPN+!
So who won?

Roper was eliminated today. I haven’t looked at his statline yet.

Maybe Young will break the trend when Dookk plays.

JCJ is a good example of how getting old is such a big thing. He spent the last 2 seasons averaging 3 pts a game for Middle TN State. He's averaging 11.5/7.5. Explains why folks believed Wisconsin/MSU were going to be this season's 8th wonder of the world.

He would have helped us a lot against Rutgers, Iowa, Nebraska, and maybe Chicago State.

If we had our current roster plus Young, we’d probably be a 5 seed right now. Instead Duke gets his services and we are gasping for air. Awesome. 🙄
Yeah, there are always weird positions staked out.
Sometimes I do it too.
But, it doesn't make any sense to think that Ryan Young wouldn't be better as our center than Blake Preston.
I don't care what your approach to offense or defense is.
Young is just a better basketball player than Hunger (so far) or Preston (ever).

And I was busy defending Preston just a couple weeks ago against people who were calling him "terrible."

The right answers are almost never the extremes.

Yeah, there are always weird positions staked out.
Sometimes I do it too.
But, it doesn't make any sense to think that Ryan Young wouldn't be better as our center than Blake Preston.
I don't care what your approach to offense or defense is.
Young is just a better basketball player than Hunger (so far) or Preston (ever).

And I was busy defending Preston just a couple weeks ago against people who were calling him "terrible."

The right answers are almost never the extremes.
Welcome back

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
I wonder if he was like Davon Custis who was more interested in other academic pursuits then basketball but basketball served as a vehicle for him to go where he wanted to go perhaps?! Just a wild guess

Reactions: ballerog711
Robbie Beran played his last college game today, in the most Beran-ish way possible: 8 minutes, no points, rebounds or assists, 1 turnover and 5 fouls.
Come on. He never lived up to what we hoped he could be, but he had some nice games for us, was a good role player, and by all accounts is a great kid. No need to jump on him at the end of his college career.

Come on. He never lived up to what we hoped he could be, but he had some nice games for us, was a good role player, and by all accounts is a great kid. No need to jump on him at the end of his college career.
He’d have been nice to have defensively. More switchable than Preston.

Isn't Virginia Tech likely to be playing in the NIT?

Ryan Young and Duke will be in Brooklyn with the 'Cats.

Jordan Lathon and Morehead State can potentially upset Illinois.

Casey Simmons could theoretically see the court for Yale.

Joe Bamisile's VCU blew their shot to make the tourney today but will continue in the NIT.

Robbie Beran gets another shot in the NIT.

Think everyone else is done.

Last edited:
Reactions: EagerFan and DaCat
Is anybody else watching this Virginia Tech-Richmond first round battle?

Beran is doing his thing. The announcers keep talking about one of the coaches’ connections to Princeton and Bill Carmody. Does anyone know why?

Ryan Young and Duke will be in Brooklyn with the 'Cats.

Jordan Lathon and Morehead State can potentially upset Illinois.

Casey Simmons could theoretically see the court for Yale.

Joe Bamisile's VCU blew their shot to make the tourney today but will continue in the NIT.

Robbie Beran gets another shot in the NIT.

Think everyone else is done.
Who else is there?

Roper on ND?

CCC has done some great recruiting. This postseason in particular is more evidence of it.

Reactions: Eurocat and drewjin
Richmond's coach is Chris Mooney, who played for Princeton and Carril in the early 90s while Carmody was an assistant coach but before he took over as head coach.

Beran's VT team advances, despite him scoring 0 points for the 2nd game in a row. 6 boards, 1 assist, 1 block and 1 steal in 22 minutes. They'll face OSU next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT