ADVERTISEMENT

The Turk Countdown has started 48 hours left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turk got rid of his courtside tickets for tomorrow to an outstanding citizen and son.
The Turk 182 shirt has been displaced. The shirt was in reference to the movie "Turk 182" which provided the perfect handle since the cult movie was a movie about someone writing on a board.

I was told the number 182 or any 3 digit number couldn't be displayed on a NU jersey but they made it happen and since then at least 2 other NU jerseys that display 3 digits have been worn. The originality of placing my handle's name and 3 digits was based on my observation that players come and go, and fade away so I didn't want a players name on my jersey.

Truth is that I have become bored with this forum and the program. I appreciate those of you who can continue to watch mediocracy without excellence and accountability. I can't. Don't blame me or the other fans who have stepped back from support or enthusiasm for this football program. There is a reason why our fan attendance has dropped. Next year I presume Nebraska fans gobble up tickets but my bet is that you will be able to shoot off a cannon in Ryan field and not hit a soul next year.

Ode to the Problem of Fitz. Just one more casualty in the process of insanity.

Last edited:
And no, the picture to the left is not my grandson. It is the inconceivable baby [see Princess Bride]. Darn kid looks like Vicini

why doesn't anyone else think this post is effing hilarious? LMAO Good Friday

I thought the messianic complex theme coupled with Turk's departure and the expected return struck a humourous chord but . . . it's a tough crowd here.

There's no iron in Turk or his words that would affect gravity waves.

Hope he changes his mind. which is very possible. This board has lost lots of interesting posters, some because they are shouted down and ridiculed for their thoughts. To bad, since this might be the beginning of what caused TOS to falter.

LOL. Name 5 posters who have left recently who were interesting. Posters who were banned don't count. I'll wait...

Reactions: FloridAlum
Hysterical. The All Turk Court of Ill Repute has considered the request and will give a verdict.

Turk, you can leave the football board, but please don't leave the rant board. You belong there. If you keep hammering us with the flat earth thing, one of us is certain to convert eventually. I just know it.

I trust science and this is headline science right now.

Einstein hypothesized gravitational waves in 1916 using nothing but mathematics and some serious imagination. We have waited on science for 100 years to develop the technological capability to measure what he predicted. Now we have this amazing discovery.

Yet we are forced to wait 48 hours to undiscover Turk's posts. It cannot come soon enough.

Turk, you can leave the football board, but please don't leave the rant board. You belong there. If you keep hammering us with the flat earth thing, one of us is certain to convert eventually. I just know it.
You've just nailed it. Turk is not capable of letting go of wacko theories which only he is capable of understanding. His latest theory is that he is leaving. And, it will be for us to disprove, until the End of Days, and beyond.

Einstein hypothesized gravitational waves in 1916 using nothing but mathematics and some serious imagination. We have waited on science for 100 years to develop the technological capability to measure what he predicted. Now we have this amazing discovery.

Yet we are forced to wait 48 hours to undiscover Turk's posts. It cannot come soon enough.

Charlie Rose had some interesting guests on last night discussing Einstein's hypothesized gravitational waves that are now the subject of the amazing discovery. Charlie asked his guests what we can expect looking into the future. In the answer a comparison was made to Galileo making the telescope for the limited purpose of exploring the known objects in the sky and how he never imagined what amazing things we now have learned about the universe as a result of that invention.

Clearly the sky was not the limit for the telescope and we may similarly look back on how the discovery of gravitational waves opened new frontiers as well.

I trust science and this is headline science right now.
Of course, you trust headline science. Even though black holes are not proven or that they dance together, and we dont know much about gravity in your narrative either. To fit it in your narrative, we now say that gravity bends and now dances. Silly Glades.

I told my 11 year old son that there are people who believe the earth is flat. He just started laughing his head off and thought I was joking.

I told my 11 year old son that there are people who believe the earth is flat. He just started laughing his head off and thought I was joking.
if you really want to instruct your child, ask him why it is possible to see atlantic city from 100 miles out in the ocean. There is no curvature so there is no pear.

if you really want to instruct your child, ask him why it is possible to see atlantic city from 100 miles out in the ocean. There is no curvature so there is no pear.

Turk, I am apparently in the minority, but I will miss you. There is no more ardent fan than you. Sorry to see you leave.

Turk, I am apparently in the minority, but I will miss you. There is no more ardent fan than you. Sorry to see you leave.
I appreciate your opinion NJCat, although we didn't always agree, you weren't a dick about things. The last post in my Farewell Tour on this forum will be in about 11 hours.

This is so funny. He is not leaving.

Reactions: mikewebb68
Add me to your minority NJ. This board will be a lot less interesting when the likes of Turk leave. Many of the more interesting posters have either left or post very infrequently due to the bullying tossed their way by the "loudest" types. Just noticed that I'm nearing 10,000 posts and might then join the exodus.

Add me to your minority NJ. This board will be a lot less interesting when the likes of Turk leave. Many of the more interesting posters have either left or post very infrequently due to the bullying tossed their way by the "loudest" types. Just noticed that I'm nearing 10,000 posts and might then join the exodus.
I will just be glad when this tour ends and this silly thread can go away!

its not worth it. Fitz and his bully disciple can shut the light off and enjoy more empty seats. Alienating fans and also being a dick anytime someone questions him are still signs of his cementhead mentality. He can enjoy his offensive staff and thoroughly enjoy the mccall springer show once again. He has put together a good defense but we get absolutely blown out in embarrassing fashion on primetime. NU wont change, its not an excellent football program and fitz has struggled in recruiting. Thus the future is nothing that can get us a division crown.

its not worth it. Fitz and his bully disciple can shut the light off and enjoy more empty seats. Alienating fans and also being a dick anytime someone questions him are still signs of his cementhead mentality. He can enjoy his offensive staff and thoroughly enjoy the mccall springer show once again. He has put together a good defense but we get absolutely blown out in embarrassing fashion on primetime. NU wont change, its not an excellent football program and fitz has struggled in recruiting. Thus the future is nothing that can get us a division crown.

I can't wait for this last post. It's even time stamped. Will it have a catchy title like "fake on the lake" or "the problem of Fitz". Will it introduce us to new commonly used words like "Pollyanna" or "Shill"? How many times can we expect to the martyr card to be played? What will be the over/under on the use of the word "bully"? Who will get slammed more the coaches or the posters that dared to disagree with Turk182? Will it wax poetically about his first post, his favorite post, the long lost members of the board, and his displeasure of the current state of the board? Will it apologize to Lou for his words on TOS when the most recent farewell tour occurred. Will he thank his family of infamous posters for all of their support over the years and proclaim he is coming home? Will he emphatically claim he is retired or will he leave the crack open for a reunion tour?

An Inconvient Truth - The Problem with Turk!

.....why it is possible to see atlantic city from 100 miles out in the ocean. There is no curvature so there is no pear.

I see Turk knows as little about physics as he does about football. Stay away from the edge Turk! You will fall off the edge, bounce of an elephant land on the turtle's back!
flat-earth-turtle.jpg

Turk & his "buddy" are actually off to become offensive coordinators for the NE Patriots. Such brilliant football knoledge cannot be restricted to this board.

Turk never hesitated to label those who disagreed with him to be Pollyannas. Well Turk, here is an inuitive obviousity to the most casual of observors. You are:

I'm probably a classic Pollyanna and don't believe I've ever posted (and seldom thought) a negative word about a Cats coach or athlete.

That said, I can attest that Turk in person has been an affable person. I've only been with him three times, once when my wife and I sat next to him at an NU-Rice football game. He was entirely courteous throughout. His board persona is just another person, as nearly as I can tell.

Another example of this on the board is Gladescat. For all his occasional "drink Drano and die" online vitriol, he appears in person to be soft-spoken and courteous. Indeed my wife (who has met Glades at FloridAlum's gatherings but cares little about sports) refers to him as "the gentle giant."

In short, we can know little of a person from online postings. Late in life I have found myself in academic life, teaching communication studies. In that field we learn among other things that a person's self-presentation often varies widely based on context and a range of factors. Persons who flame and troll and whatnot on a board such as this for some reason seem to find release in relative anonymity before a keyboard, yet in person remain quite companionable. I suspect I could enjoy being in the company of virtually everyone on this board, even the most seemingly temperamental ones.

In short -- go if you must, Turk, but go in peace. You are not as you are often depicted here.

Join me in a chorus of Kumbaya.

I'm probably a classic Pollyanna and don't believe I've ever posted (and seldom thought) a negative word about a Cats coach or athlete.

That said, I can attest that Turk in person has been an affable person. I've only been with him three times, once when my wife and I sat next to him at an NU-Rice football game. He was entirely courteous throughout. His board persona is just another person, as nearly as I can tell.

Another example of this on the board is Gladescat. For all his occasional "drink Drano and die" online vitriol, he appears in person to be soft-spoken and courteous. Indeed my wife (who has met Glades at FloridAlum's gatherings but cares little about sports) refers to him as "the gentle giant."

In short, we can know little of a person from online postings. Late in life I have found myself in academic life, teaching communication studies. In that field we learn among other things that a person's self-presentation often varies widely based on context and a range of factors. Persons who flame and troll and whatnot on a board such as this for some reason seem to find release in relative anonymity before a keyboard, yet in person remain quite companionable. I suspect I could enjoy being in the company of virtually everyone on this board, even the most seemingly temperamental ones.

In short -- go if you must, Turk, but go in peace. You are not as you are often depicted here.

I keep sayin'--he's not leaving. Two-three weeks, maybe. At the most. By the Spring game, there'll be sightings of Turk in the West Lot waiting for Uber to set up his tent.

This whole aspect of adopting a board "persona" fascinates me. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Of course, you trust headline science. Even though black holes are not proven or that they dance together, and we dont know much about gravity in your narrative either. To fit it in your narrative, we now say that gravity bends and now dances. Silly Glades.

Silly Turk. We've been saying this, or at least Einstein did off and on, for 100 years now. So cool to get some confirmation of this.

Silly Turk. We've been saying this, or at least Einstein did off and on, for 100 years now. So cool to get some confirmation of this.
what confirmation. A graviton has never been detected. Black holes have never been seen and are based on theory of alleged star movement based on the narrative, and now they actually paint the picture that two massive black holes merged together in a matter of 17 seconds and created a gravitational blurp between two lasers in a basement 16 billion light years away. Bah BAH BAH BAH. Silly Glades. I love the story though. Just goes to show that people will believe anything, as long as it starts off "Long ago and far away." LOL

12717737_180869815613613_522142988056114468_n.jpg

The Turk Farewell Tour has concluded by friends. It's been a great 25 years but my interest in Cat football has simply faded to the point where the board has become uninteresting to me. Nothing against the program or anything, I simply have become disinterested in Northwestern football. Doesn't mean I don't love NU BB or won't watch NU football games because I will, but it will be in passing.

I appreciate those who still have the spirit and can continue the flame. This board has been great and has provided me with some of my best friends in my entire life. Glades, Midvale, FloridAlum, Waterboy, and several more. And I appreciate those who put up with the Turk BS that always tried to push the needle and could care less about credibility to provoke an argument. You guys have thick skin. Long live the Cats. Farewell. The jersey was retired last week and now the handle will be retired on the football board.

Turk182

The Turk Farewell Tour has concluded by friends. It's been a great 25 years but my interest in Cat football has simply faded to the point where the board has become uninteresting to me. Nothing against the program or anything, I simply have become disinterested in Northwestern football. Doesn't mean I don't love NU BB or won't watch NU football games because I will, but it will be in passing.

I appreciate those who still have the spirit and can continue the flame. This board has been great and has provided me with some of my best friends in my entire life. Glades, Midvale, FloridAlum, Waterboy, and several more. And I appreciate those who put up with the Turk BS that always tried to push the needle and could care less about credibility to provoke an argument. You guys have thick skin. Long live the Cats. Farewell. The jersey was retired last week and now the handle will be retired on the football board.

Turk182

For everything there is a season (sniff, sniff). Well, I guess it's good bye Turk. Farewell. Adios. Via con Dios. Until then. What, maybe three weeks? Five at the most?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT