ADVERTISEMENT

The Turk Countdown has started 48 hours left

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, have you changed board names?
I, much like Pat Fitzgerald and his coaching staff have changed nothing. I am not Turk, nor Hungry, nor Stupor, nor even Glades.

I am simply someone who does not pretend to know something that I do not. I do not give insight that I do not have.

I do not play pop psychologist in trying to figure out our coaches' mental failings.

I do not bad mouth the administration, university, or coaching staff any chance I get. I do not crap on players who are giving full effort but are limited by injury.

I do not pretend that my high school football knowledge entitles me to spew as if I am Nick Saban.

Around here, this means I am a Pollyanna, and by god I will be the best Pollyanna I can possibly be.

PP

Reactions: Hungry Jack
I, much like Pat Fitzgerald and his coaching staff have changed nothing. I am not Turk, nor Hungry, nor Stupor, nor even Glades.

I am simply someone who does not pretend to know something that I do not. I do not give insight that I do not have.

I do not play pop psychologist in trying to figure out our coaches' mental failings.

I do not bad mouth the administration, university, or coaching staff any chance I get. I do not crap on players who are giving full effort but are limited by injury.

I do not pretend that my high school football knowledge entitles me to spew as if I am Nick Saban.

Around here, this means I am a Pollyanna, and by god I will be the best Pollyanna I can possibly be.

PP
So you will only be posting under one board name

Thanks, I know it's not Turk. It's Hungary Jack in another of his guises.
Why would I need a guise? I have nothing to hide, and, unlike Turk, I don't care too much about what other posters think of me, mostly because I don't walk around the Internet with the virtual equivalent of a "kick me" sign stapled to my arse.

Reactions: thewildcat2011
Why would I need a guise? I have nothing to hide, and, unlike Turk, I don't care too much about what other posters think of me, mostly because I don't walk around the Internet with the virtual equivalent of a "kick me" sign stapled to my arse.
That was a compliment--It is fascinating that FootballPhilReturns posts when you post and you always answer him--it is like you know each other well (really well). Then today when you and PP liked the same post it seemed like maybe you knew each other. And both have a similar tone in their posts to you. Do you have a brother?

That was a compliment--It is fascinating that FootballPhilReturns posts when you post and you always answer him--it is like you know each other well (really well). Then today when you and PP liked the same post it seemed like maybe you knew each other. And both have a similar tone in their posts to you. Do you have a brother?
I assure you it's not me. Too much work to manage all those handles, and my email is already full of invitations from Russian brides, wives of deposed African dictators, and penis enlargement providers.

If I were lucky enough to have Phil as a brother and get a smidgen of his DNA, I could have calves like Dan Vitale and snatch a tractor tire one-handed while lecturing Turk on gravitational waves using his head as a foil.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
I assure you it's not me. Too much work to manage all those handles, and my email is already full of invitations from Russian brides, wives of deposed African dictators, and penis enlargement providers.

If I were lucky enough to have Phil as a brother and get a smidgen of his DNA, I could have calves like Dan Vitale and snatch a tractor tire one-handed while lecturing Turk on gravitational waves using his head as a foil.
The image of lecturing Turk while using his head to refute the flat earth theory is compelling.

You could also order him a Russian bride.

Last edited:
The image of lecturing Turk while using his head to refiute the flat earth theory is compelling.

You could also order him a Russian bride.

I have one. Might work - she would set him straight... (actually true - not mail ordered, though I love to tell my friends that she was and watch her steam :) )

PP

YesterdaysCat, Today, and Tomorrow.

I got to hand it to you, you sure know how to play the Martyr.
Some posters use this name calling against many other people. So surprising that it becomes offensive if directed toward them. More surprising that even handed handling doesn’t rule the website.

I can't wait for this last post. It's even time stamped. Will it have a catchy title like "fake on the lake" or "the problem of Fitz". Will it introduce us to new commonly used words like "Pollyanna" or "Shill"? How many times can we expect to the martyr card to be played? What will be the over/under on the use of the word "bully"? Who will get slammed more the coaches or the posters that dared to disagree with Turk182? Will it wax poetically about his first post, his favorite post, the long lost members of the board, and his displeasure of the current state of the board? Will it apologize to Lou for his words on TOS when the most recent farewell tour occurred. Will he thank his family of infamous posters for all of their support over the years and proclaim he is coming home? Will he emphatically claim he is retired or will he leave the crack open for a reunion tour?
I guess I’ll stop here. But it goes farther back FYI.

Charlie Rose had some interesting guests on last night discussing Einstein's hypothesized gravitational waves that are now the subject of the amazing discovery. Charlie asked his guests what we can expect looking into the future. In the answer a comparison was made to Galileo making the telescope for the limited purpose of exploring the known objects in the sky and how he never imagined what amazing things we now have learned about the universe as a result of that invention.

Clearly the sky was not the limit for the telescope and we may similarly look back on how the discovery of gravitational waves opened new frontiers as well.

Charlie Rose? I had completely forgot about his contributions on PBS. Seeing posts from 2016 resurrected has been an amusing experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT