ADVERTISEMENT

The worst part of beating Michigan this weekend...

villox

Aug 19, 2008
Will be having to root for them the rest of the way to help our SOS and perception.

Will be fun beating them for a second time in Indy though.

Will be having to root for them the rest of the way to help our SOS and perception.

We will just have to live with that (and we really don't have to root for them as if we beat them and take care of business against others, our SOS will be just fine.

We will just have to live with that (and we really don't have to root for them as if we beat them and take care of business against others, our SOS will be just fine.

Fair point. If we lose to them, we'd probably have to root for them even more than if we win.

Doesn't matter. If we think NU can make the playoff with any record other than 13-0, you're fooling yourself. The only slight possibility is if Duke wins the ACC title game at 12-1 and NU is 12-1. We'll get the nod over them.

I think a 12-1 Stanford gets in over 12-1 NU despite the head to head match up as they play no FCS game, have Notre Dame on the schedule as well as NU and 9 conference games. There schedule is just harder than ours.

The playoff committee will also be taking care of Baylor, TCU (or praying it's Oklahoma) if they come out of the Big 12 at 11-1.

Doesn't matter. If we think NU can make the playoff with any record other than 13-0, you're fooling yourself. The only slight possibility is if Duke wins the ACC title game at 12-1 and NU is 12-1. We'll get the nod over them.

I think a 12-1 Stanford gets in over 12-1 NU despite the head to head match up as they play no FCS game, have Notre Dame on the schedule as well as NU and 9 conference games. There schedule is just harder than ours.

The playoff committee will also be taking care of Baylor, TCU (or praying it's Oklahoma) if they come out of the Big 12 at 11-1.

I dunno. If NU has a close loss to Michigan and then wins out, and Michigan wins out (which would have included beating OSU and Michigan State), and NU then beats them in the Big Ten Title Game, I could still see NU being selected, and yes that includes over Stanford.

This is all silly of course because none of this is going to happen.

The worst part of the potential win will be having to read about how this is a "down year" in the Big 10 because it can't possibly be an "up year" if Northwestern is in first place.

Folks, I know OSU has looked sloppy in a couple of games already - I get that. But they've got appreciably more talent than anyone else in the conference, and while Michigan seems fairly solid to this point, they're still a significant notch or two below OSU (as are the rest of the better teams in the conference). It gives me no pleasure to say that, but it remains nonetheless a fact. If we get to Indy, it won't be Michigan that we're facing.

The worst part of the potential win will be having to read about how this is a "down year" in the Big 10 because it can't possibly be an "up year" if Northwestern is in first place.
You guys really need to rename this forum to "The Eeyore Board".

Folks, I know OSU has looked sloppy in a couple of games already - I get that. But they've got appreciably more talent than anyone else in the conference, and while Michigan seems fairly solid to this point, they're still a significant notch or two below OSU (as are the rest of the better teams in the conference). It gives me no pleasure to say that, but it remains nonetheless a fact. If we get to Indy, it won't be Michigan that we're facing.
History and logic dictate what you are saying is probably true but tOSU has looked like a team that read it's press clippings more than it's play book and training manual. They look like a team with a lot of talent and not much preparation or cohesion. Having said that they still beat everyone they face.

Lets just say that they have to at least get to the BIG championship game If they don't don't have a chance. Win that game and they are likely in. Don't win it and they are likely not.

Iowa crushed your mildcats 48 to 7 last season. While it won't be that lopsided this year, I still expect another Hawkeye victory again this season.

Iowa crushed your mildcats 48 to 7 last season. While it won't be that lopsided this year, I still expect another Hawkeye victory again this season.

Because we all know that teams remain the same from season to season.

Except for Iowa, who has a significant upgrade at the QB position. Enlighten me - what are the key "upgrades" for Northwestern?

Except for Iowa, who has a significant upgrade at the QB position. Enlighten me - what are the key "upgrades" for Northwestern?

Enough talking. You can see for yourself in 9 days.

I guess you have not noticed the #1 defense in the country, who made Heisman candidate Kevin Hogan look like Jake Rudock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT