ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Kasim

Aging Booster

Apr 10, 2014
Our top QB recruit seems ready to decide on Saturday. A good friend and UM alum says it will be NU, but everyone on 247 says U of M. Any thoughts? We usually do not do well on "announcement days.

Seems to me that Hill and a couple of other DC/Baltimore guys are all planning to commit to Maryland either Friday or Saturday.

Seems to me that Hill and a couple of other DC/Baltimore guys are all planning to commit to Maryland either Friday or Saturday.
I think he came back to NU to be sure in his mind. This could have been motivated by his parents since the two universities offer a different environment. Looks like Maryland on Saturday and will begin recruiting for them shortly after his commitment.

I live right near him here in MD. I think he's 99.9% Maryland at this point...

Our top QB recruit seems ready to decide on Saturday. A good friend and UM alum says it will be NU, but everyone on 247 says U of M. Any thoughts? We usually do not do well on "announcement days.
Can probably play sooner at MD
Has a long wait at NU.

Can probably play sooner at MD
Has a long wait at NU.

Not particularly... he wouldn't even set foot on campus until the 2017 season, when Thorson would be a redshirt junior and would almost assuredly redshirt himself. The incoming QB would therefore be a redshirt freshman competing to be the primary backup for the 2018 season before having three clear years to compete for the starting gig.

I live right near him here in MD. I think he's 99.9% Maryland at this point...
Wondering what year NU will get their #1 QB target? I know, I know Thorson and Alviti were likely their top targets but neither has stood out yet. Could Yates or Green be the primary backups this season?

Wondering what year NU will get their #1 QB target? I know, I know Thorson and Alviti were likely their top targets but neither has stood out yet. Could Yates or Green be the primary backups this season?

You are talking nonsense. Both CT and MA were the top targets. Whether they win the Heisman or bomb out, NU got who they wanted in those recruiting years. And yes, Yates or Green could be the primary back-up, if they play better than Alviti......

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
Not particularly... he wouldn't even set foot on campus until the 2017 season, when Thorson would be a redshirt junior and would almost assuredly redshirt himself. The incoming QB would therefore be a redshirt freshman competing to be the primary backup for the 2018 season before having three clear years to compete for the starting gig.
Still think playing time was an issue. Kept coming back (three visits) just to see how good Thorson and Yates were.Watch for him to start as a true freshman at Maryland. Could have been promised but who knows for sure? Has to be a pretty good reason to choose MD over NU.

Still think playing time was an issue. Kept coming back (three visits) just to see how good Thorson and Yates were.Watch for him to start as a true freshman at Maryland. Could have been promised but who knows for sure? Has to be a pretty good reason to choose MD over NU.

How about proximity to home and having his family and friends see him play.

Reactions: CatFanEd

I think he kept coming back because he was seriously interested in the school and has two former teammates on the team.

PS -- if a QB chooses not to come to NU because of Yates, he likely won't be a very good P5 QB.

triple-facepalm.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT