ADVERTISEMENT

ticket prices

It's still weeks away. I got a ticket in the 100 level on the 50 last year, with a full VIP package for pregame tailgating and Stadium Club access, for like $75 the day before the game.

It's still weeks away. I got a ticket in the 100 level on the 50 last year, with a full VIP package for pregame tailgating and Stadium Club access, for like $75 the day before the game.
sadly, 100 level on the 50 will be lousy seats this year. :)

But I get your point. I can wait

It gets substantially cheaper the closer you get to the game, almost as a rule.
Still a hundred bucks. Nusports says it is no longer for sale. Who the heck is going to the game driving up prices? Thought I'd save some dough by driving up and just one night in hotel using points.

Still a hundred bucks. Nusports says it is no longer for sale. Who the heck is going to the game driving up prices? Thought I'd save some dough by driving up and just one night in hotel using points.
I'm by no means sure of this, but I get the impression that the relatively low number of desirable seats due to the stadium being designed for baseball rather than football means that, even though it won't be close to a sellout, there is a bit of a scarcity of decent seats. Probably more than half of 50k capacity or whatever seats are back near or behind home plate, and there might only be 15k "good" seats for football. Also, I think the bowls (and other events) have learned by now to create enforced scarcity in some of these situations by not selling / listing various portions of the stadium. That way secondary market prices don't crater and mess up the economics for various parts of the events.

It depends on the event - sometimes more supply trickles out closer to the game date and prices fall, other times the artificially enforced scarcity sticks. I've noticed this also with some of the 1-day basketball tournaments that occur constantly through non-con season at neutral sites - the place won't be full, but sometimes the venue limits supply so that prices stay relatively high.

Or else maybe there are just lots of fans coming from both schools! Generally speaking, I'm getting the feeling it should be a pretty well attended game as bowls go.

Check a week from today. It should be lower. Best time to buy is within 24 hours of the event, and really even better day of. Don't be put off by the prices 9 days early.

Again these are just general rules - stand true for like 95% of events I have bought for.

Prices have dropped noticeably in the last week, but still above face generally.

Prices have dropped significantly in the last few days, but generally above face. I'm going to hold out a little longer.

Unless, you know, you want to make plans in advance or something

But the tickets will still be there. You don't need them to make the rest of your plans, odd as that may seem. I planned an entire trip to Tampa, for example, last season without a ticket til the end. But if it makes one feel more secure, just spend the extra cash and buy now, and eliminate worry and uncertainty.

I was kinda hoping for a Jacksonville-type collapse but not so far. What gives?

What gives? What gives with all the proud Alums, condescending on their superior education and wealth, who are too cheap to buy a ticket at face value?

Reactions: Aging Booster
What gives? What gives with all the proud Alums, condescending on their superior education and wealth, who are too cheap to buy a ticket at face value?
You may be condescending, but I am not w.r.t my massive wealth..

Last edited:
Reactions: phatcat
Great education at 60,000. a year is leaving many students with massive student loan debt.

Phatcat-check your private conversations. I am driving to NYC on game day passing by Baltimore.

For some reason, stubhub now has no tickets available for the game. They had them as recently as yesterday. Can anyone offer any theories as to why this might be the case?

For some reason, stubhub now has no tickets available for the game. They had them as recently as yesterday. Can anyone offer any theories as to why this might be the case?
Ruh roh. I'm guessing / hoping it's an issue with their server, as I've also been holding out to buy until tomorrow or Tuesday for the sweetest deal possible. I don't want to go the scalper route, but I will if I have to.

Last edited:
Weather being highly favorable could have bumped the demand???Lots of people off between Xmas and New Years Day. Big City.

Weather being highly favorable could have bumped the demand???Lots of people off between Xmas and New Years Day. Big City.

No. It's possible that they were only allowed to sell up to three days before. Different events have different cutoffs.

I ran into this issue with several events over the past year. Sucks when it happens.

Craigslist NYC would be a good bet.

I ran into this issue with several events over the past year. Sucks when it happens.

Craigslist NYC would be a good bet.

The official pinstripe site still has basically general admission tix for $55. Every Yankee game I've gone to in the last few years, I get a cheap upper deck seat then walk down to some of the patios/standing sections they have, which based on this seating chart would include the center field deck to provide your traditional "video game view" of the game.

Seatgeek and gold coast still have them. Not cheap.

Also the NU site has them again at 140 plus fees
I just checked Seat Geek and the prices don't seem too much higher than what I last saw on SH. I'll likely still go that route and avoid the seasoned NYC scalpers.

What a difference a bowl makes. The foster farm bowl tix are on deal sites for 10-20 per when the top face is 68. Don't think a big crowd will be there.

What a difference a bowl makes. The foster farm bowl tix are on deal sites for 10-20 per when the top face is 68. Don't think a big crowd will be there.

I don't think there will be a huge crow at the Pinstripe. They don't seem to be selling upper tier seats in a stadium that only sats 51,000......

The organizers sure have a strange plan for this game. They never put any of the 400-level seats on sale at all. They aren't moving the $125 and up seats of which they have plenty left unsold as well.

I am expecting a buyer's market too. I haven't purchased anything and would try to find something outside the stadium for a reasonable price. I love my 'Cats, but I don't see $125 as anywhere close to a reasonable price for this caliber bowl game, in what is (let's be honest) a really abysmal venue for football.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT