ADVERTISEMENT

Ty injury

NJcatsfan

Nov 21, 2004
CCC just said he doesn’t have more info on the injury beyond it was a knee twist. He’s hoping it’s not a serious or long term thing. It kinda sounded like he wasn’t gravely concerned, but he said he wants to wait on more info from the docs.

CCC just said he doesn’t have more info on the injury beyond it was a knee twist. He’s hoping it’s not a serious or long term thing. It kinda sounded like he wasn’t gravely concerned, but he said he wants to wait on more info from the docs.
From what I heard from a buddy who watched on TV it sounds like maybe knocked knees? It was hard to tell in WRA.

From what I heard from a buddy who watched on TV it sounds like maybe knocked knees? It was hard to tell in WRA.
I just watched the replay again and I think the trailing Nabraska player caught Berry’s foot and twisted his knee.

It was more than that. He slightly twisted it after the contact. It didn’t look terrible on the replay, although he immediately grabbed at it and grimmaced. He did not look happy on the bench when talking to the trainer. An anxious day today for Cat fans.

Really hope it was just a tweak and nothing was torn. Ty has been huge for us.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
Hopefully he only misses a game or two and if so we’ll be fine with Martinelli stepping in. However, anything more would be a serious blow and will create real adversity. With that being said, Boo/Brooky/LangBORG is still a very good core that most teams would love to have. My real question is who would be the 6th man if Nick steps into the starting lineup? Clayton? Does Mullins get more run?

I'm holding out hope, but I assume no news is bad news in this case. It shouldn't take too long to diagnose that he's fine.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
I hope you are. But I'm afraid you're not. Now I'll just go back to speculating in fear.
I also hate remembering Persa's injury.

But slightly different situation here: we know from what CCC said that the concern is Ty's knee that he "twisted it". Persa's injury was an Achilles tear -different area of the leg entirely.

There are minor knee injuries and major knee injuries. But I don't think there's much point in speculating at this point. We'll know for sure after the medical staff do the necessary evaluations (ie MRI) and the team makes an announcement.

Hoping for the best for him.

Probably a possibility of a torn meniscus with twisting under load. I can’t imagine it’s an ACL tear. Those tend to hurt like hell and leave you on the floor.
Sometimes they hurt like hell, sometimes they don’t hurt much at all. I wouldn’t read into it.

I really hope that Mullins and Clayton will step up big time and show our roster depth if ty really is hurt and out for ....
I’ve seen enough to think that Clayton can play average defense in this league.

Mullins I have no confidence in right now. He’s looked REALLY raw in the limited action he’s gotten.

Reactions: UpsetAlert
I have to guess if he’s on crutches or a cast/boot, people will have seen him around campus?
That is what I was thinking. How can he be keeping such a low profile? Doesn't he have to go to class or eat somewhere. I'm going to fantasize that he is fine and they are keeping him under cover. Secret squirrel like Fitz always did.

That is what I was thinking. How can he be keeping such a low profile? Doesn't he have to go to class or eat somewhere. I'm going to fantasize that he is fine and they are keeping him under cover. Secret squirrel like Fitz always did.
It probably means he is, at least, not disastrously injured and is at least week to week or day to day.

Game was Wednesday night. I’d bet he doesn’t have class on Fridays. Easy to stay down low for a day.

I think the only question now is how severe the injury is and how long he will be out. If he was dancing we would probably know by now. I really hope I am wrong.

Reactions: nickcat4
At least they didn’t have to amputate
I dunno, what was that South African runner's name. . . the guy who shot is girlfriend and spend a few months in jail? Those legs of his look like real jumping assists. Oscar something?

Hopefully a minor meniscus problem as I understand there is a range.

I had my meniscus shaved in 1995:

1) Also hurt it playing basketball, I was 20
2) First two days after I was hurt knee hurt, limped, going up and down stairs was quite problematic.
3) Few days later it did not hurt
4) Surgery led to leg wrapped for 1-2 weeks. Don't recall the exact
5) Thigh's diameter measured 1 inch less when the bandages came off
6) Really weird to put my foot down and feel I did not have enough strength to withstand my body weight
7) Did a bit of PT and quickly, within a week, recovered a great deal and was living a normal life
8) Don't really know how I felt playing ball as the season was over at that point

In my mind the issue around the recovery is not just how long it takes to get back to being active to play. There's a chance he could be active in a month. It's just that a month off takes a player back to pre-season levels. It is not plug and play at the same level again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT