ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's Game

GrandRapidsCatFan

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2022
After being an NU fan for ~25 years, I can honestly say tonight's Indiana game has me feeling something I've rarely experienced, and maybe never experienced when rooting for the men's basketball team.

I don't hope to win. I *want* to win. Beating Purdue may have forever changed what it means to play hoops for the Wildcats, and I don't want *this* train to stop.

Let's get it done boys. Expect victory. Go Cats!

Later in the Rose Bowl season Gary Barnett had a saying “the higher up you are on the flag pole, the windier it gets”. Meaning that each game takes on a special significance, there are higher expectations and there is more pressure. It’s exactly where we want to be! So proud of our team, they have to be hungry for more. I know I am and will be in the stands tonite cheering like crazy. Go ‘Cats!

I had not had the feeling of expecting to win (or be damn close to) since the 2nd half of conference play in 2017. I remember when we struggled against a bad Rugters team that year and thinking WTF was going on.

That's the feeling I have for tonight. It's weird.

BUSINESS TIME

🎶🎵🎼🎹🥁🎸

He's big
He's purple
He's faster than a turtle
Big Matt
Big Matt

🎻🎺🎷🎙️🎚️🎛️

It's natural to feel like this is a letdown spot coming off a big win vs #1 three days ago. But this team has proved time and time again that they are different and ready for the moment! I can't wait.
I suppose it could be a let down game but in college sports emotion and momentum is huge. One thing I fairly confident on is that this team now knows that they can beat anyone. That confidence makes me feel pretty good about NU's chances the rest of the season.

I suppose it could be a let down game but in college sports emotion and momentum is huge. One thing I fairly confident on is that this team now knows that they can beat anyone. That confidence makes me feel pretty good about NU's chances the rest of the season.

Right. It's not like the football team going against an Ohio State juggernaut. This team knows it can beat any team in the Big Ten, and if that's the case, it can beat any team anywhere. Doesn't mean they will win the NCAAs, but at least that's not an impossible dream.

ZD7VLhP.gif

Let's take down Indiana and the killer mopps. LET'S GO-OOOOOOOOOO !!!

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
The game between these two teams in Bloomington was a real outlier for the Cats and to an extent IU. The Hoosiers hit 50% of their 3 pointers and lost. The Cats, no one’s idea of an offensive juggernaut, scored 84 points. A huge stat was that the Cats had 14 steals, while IU had 2. In the first game, Indiana was completely overwhelmed by NU’s guards, who were decisively quicker and stronger.
I pretty much think this game will be decided in the first 10 minutes. Indiana can really score, and we will know early if they can reduce their turnovers and have figured a way to limit the open looks they gave the Cats last time. If they do, it will be a long night. Conversely, if IU is as slow closing out as they were in Bloomington, or if they give the Cats the transition opportunities they did in January, the Cats, coming off the Purdue game, will bury them quickly.
I hope for the latter, but I would guess the combined point total is north of 155 regardless.

Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT