ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers update

Baz=Heisman

Feb 11, 2023
Sully - Who cares. Threw 1 pass. Can’t even play with a scrub QB (McNamera) ahead of him on the depth chart.

Tyus - Having a great season with Ohio. Happy for him. We never used him enough.

Gill - Doing well for that garbage offense. We miss him given we could move AJ back to the slot and have Jacob as the X.

Joseph - Rated as “good” from what I could find from PFF.

Hollis - See above. I’d argue we miss him more than everyone else given our issues with the second corner position opposite Johnson.

Heard - Playing safety and couldn’t find much on him.

Thoughts? Anyone I missed?

• Haha
Reactions: CatManTrue
Sully - Who cares. Threw 1 pass. Can’t even play with a scrub QB (McNamera) ahead of him on the depth chart.

Tyus - Having a great season with Ohio. Happy for him. We never used him enough.

Gill - Doing well for that garbage offense. We miss him given we could move AJ back to the slot and have Jacob as the X.

Hollis - See above. I’d argue we miss him more than everyone else given our issues with the second corner position opposite Johnson.

I don't think the CB play opposite Johnson has been bad at all. I am bullish on Fussell, but Evan Smith has asserted himself as the main starter. Those two and Turner have tackled well. I think the future is bright at this position.

Richardson?

I don't think the CB play opposite Johnson has been bad at all. I am bullish on Fussell, but Evan Smith has asserted himself as the main starter. Those two and Turner have tackled well. I think the future is bright at this position.
They have definitely tackled well but I think their cover skills, to this point, have been suspect. Didn’t Smith get beaten for the long TD in OT against Duke?

Sully made the strategic right move as he finds himself second on the depth chart instead of third. Much better chance of playing.

They have definitely tackled well but I think their cover skills, to this point, have been suspect. Didn’t Smith get beaten for the long TD in OT against Duke?
That was on the safety, probably Azema. It was a deep crossing route and Coco let the WR get behind him. IIRC.

I just rewatched the play. Azema was lined up 12 yards deep (13 yard line). He was reading the QB right off the snap, and drifted down and in a few steps. It looks like he was anticipating the shallow cross route in front of him. Moore ran right by him on a post route with Evan Smith trailing in what looked like man coverage. It certainly wasn't zone.

Reactions: Baz=Heisman
The percentage of the board that has decided it was just totally made up is depressing.
Why? There have been like 20 guys who joined a lawsuit when over a 1000 players came through the program during this alleged “catastrophic” situation. That’s 2%… not exactly a representative sample to say the least.

What sins? Being bullied? Being the victim of sexualized hazing? Or standing up for himself?

I was thinking more along the lines of his grossly exaggerated claims and sick personal vendetta that caused serious hardship to the lives of multiple coaches, staffers, players and their families. 🤷‍♂️

The percentage of the board that has decided it was just totally made up is depressing.
Like Mike Hankwitz?

Excerpts - Full Link Above

Former Northwestern assistant coach Mike Hankwitz is pushing back against allegations of hazing and racism in the program under former coach Pat Fitzgerald, outlining the many ways players could report abuse and mistreatment.

Hankwitz, who served as Northwestern's defensive coordinator from 2008 until his retirement after the 2020 season, defended Fitzgerald and the program in a series of social media posts Wednesday night. He said Northwestern had regular individual and group meetings throughout the year with players, who had direct access to Fitzgerald and also others around the program, including a sports psychologist, compliance officers and mentors.

Hankwitz also highlighted exit interviews players did when they left the program with Northwestern faculty members not associated with the athletic department.

"It was done this way in the hopes that the players would feel free to speak their minds about their experiences without fear of backlash," Hankwitz wrote.

SNIP

"While I cannot say with certainty that nothing happened, be it innocent horseplay or kidding around, the word 'hazing' was never brought to our attention by a player, parent, athletic employee, or administrator," Hankwitz wrote. "If it had been, Coach Fitzgerald would have acted and would not have tolerated it, nor would anyone on our staff."

Why? There have been like 20 guys who joined a lawsuit when over a 1000 players came through the program during this alleged “catastrophic” situation. That’s 2%… not exactly a representative sample to say the least.
And as we have seen, a number of them just seem after a payday

Do we need to keep litigating this on this board? That’s what is depressing! I think we know pretty much every posters position on this. It may not be as cut and dried as you think it is by the number of varying opinions.
Perhaps you can ask @CoralSpringsCat why he felt the need to make a Richardson joke. Interesting stuff in here until he hijacked it.

What sins? Being bullied? Being the victim of sexualized hazing? Or standing up for himself?

I have no issue with anyone who turns to religion/soul-searching to try to get himself out of whatever personal abyss he is dealing with.

What I cannot accept is his unwillingness to talk to the head coach about his situation (or even reporting it anonymously) and then blaming his head coach for his unhappiness. He had an obligation to talk to Fitzgerald about what he thought was going on. Having done that, if nothing changes, you go to the university.

Instead of trying to address problems he perceived, he apparently chose to try to destroy his coaches and smear his teammates and the university that was providing him a college education for free. To me, that's immoral.

If there are facts that counter this assessment, please let me know.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT