ADVERTISEMENT

US basketball players recruited for Aussie rules football

I've seen it only on TV but based on how players jump into opponents' backs with knees up makes one wonder how any Aussie footballer avoids kidney injuries. I can't tell what's a foul.

Used to love the goal judges' little white coats, though. Now they seem to wear another outfit.

Isn't it funny how Australian Rules Football probably hasn't come up on these boards in years, and now it has appeared in two different threads in the span of a week. Life comes in clumps that way, it seems.

I am surprised that BB players are being recruited ,since kicking is an integral part of "footie"

You taught at Conant? Man, did we crush Conant in football back in the day. Almost as bad as the beating we gave Glenbard North.
Your very name strikes fear into the heart of Conant High School.
Actually, I taught at Mead Junior High School which feeds into Conant and Fremd..

Your very name strikes fear into the heart of Conant High School.
Actually, I taught at Mead Junior High School which feeds into Conant and Fremd..

At least to the Conant QB way back when. I did refrain from tackling him high when his helmet came off in his own endzone, though. I caught grief for it from the headhunters on my team.

It's neat that you taught these guys as kids.

Reactions: StreamCat
Aussie rules is an amazing game. I've only seen one match live, but it was like rugby on steroids. These guys are amazing athletes and the game moves at a fast pace. Oh, and your wife will like how they look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT