ADVERTISEMENT

USA Today ranking of all 130 teams

Seems about right, based on what we've seen so far. I'm still hoping we can right the ship and win a few B1G games.

Least controversial ranking - #130. Go Huskies!!

Just gonna leave this year like a turd in the punchbowl

I think 99 (behind kent state and eastern michigan) is too high. But we have time. A win against Ohio, illinois and nebraska gives us 4 wins. We always upset someone as well. So I think 5 wins is about par and ill be ok with that, considering we lack so many things.

5 wins gives us alot of hope for next year.

Well they say you've got to hit bottom before it gets better.

I think 99 (behind kent state and eastern michigan) is too high. But we have time. A win against Ohio, illinois and nebraska gives us 4 wins. We always upset someone as well. So I think 5 wins is about par and ill be ok with that, considering we lack so many things.

5 wins gives us alot of hope for next year.
It is only OK if we see we have coming what we need to fill the gaps we have

Reactions: Turk
It is only OK if we see we have coming what we need to fill the gaps we have
As far as recruiting, yes, not ok. We already had one of our best recruits pull out of his verbal after seeing this puke defense.
Cant blame him, who the hell wants to sign up for it?
Coming might be the days when we couldnt recruit solid cb's again and have to make bed with the SCJ's and Covingtons as our CBs.
Sad.

As far as recruiting, yes, not ok. We already had one of our best recruits pull out of his verbal after seeing this puke defense.
Coming might be the days when we couldnt recruit solid cb's again and have to make bed with the SCJ's and Covingtons as our CBs.
Sad.
You don't know his reasons. Again in a COVID era, it makes sense for a kid to want to be closer to home. We even had some guys transfer after last year based on getting closer to home. That MD would be his most likely landing place indicates that this had a lot to do with his decision

Sad.
Covington developed into an outstanding corner by his final season.

We should be so lucky as to recruit others like him.

Covington developed into an outstanding corner by his final season.

We should be so lucky as to recruit others like him.
I wouldnt say outstanding but he did come a long way. Im spoiled with first team all big ten cb's like hartage, and then guys like newsome and some decent ones now.

But i guess you have a point and it was improper for me to use his name in this context.
I do remember covignton had the game of his life with 2 int and shutting down a msu wr named rogers who was all bigten. And even though he wasnt good enough for the nfl i did hear he played in the cfl.
And who could ever forget his fumble recovery against michigan after david terrell torched harold blackmon with i think 3 tds and tons of yards man up. Although blackmon was decent.

You don't know his reasons. Again in a COVID era, it makes sense for a kid to want to be closer to home. We even had some guys transfer after last year based on getting closer to home. That MD would be his most likely landing place indicates that this had a lot to do with his decision
No i dont, but it has to be really hard, as a recruit, not to say yuck and sorta replace his image of the nu defense.

Im not surprised and this is the exact sorta thing we ought to expect from a stud defender who is watching this D lay eggs. Almost certainly it changed his math and went from a pro to a con.

At least we're in the top 100!
And here we thought we were 10/10. That is a 90% drop in less than 8 months. I'm sorry, not acceptable, given where we were. Okay, this is Northwestern in big time football, an oxymoron, unless you consider 1963, 1995 . 1996 and 2000, not to mention 2018 and 2020. A team that looked so good a year ago, should not look this bad less than a year later. I'm tired of the excuses--Fitz always gets off to a slow start, etc.. "Next year" is bull shit. We don't do it this year, Fitz needs to be held accountable for his atrocious new defense to date and going forward if that's what it comes to. Seriously, Fitz is being paid $3, or is it $5 million a year. For that, you get a winner, not this crap. If I got paid $500k every time I lost at my job, who in the heck would want to pay me? This should not be about money, but it turns out to be. At Northwestern, it is a given that athletes should maintain at least the academic standard of most students, which they do. So, please stop using that to justify putting out mediocre or less athletic performance. Unless. football is just not that important.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT