ADVERTISEMENT

Utah Injuries

Jonny2TheP

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2007
Des Moines, IA
Utah missing their starting QB, (Huntley), leading RB (Moss), leading WR (Covey), and Star LB (Hansen).

We’ve obviously got some injuries of our own, but man, that’s tough. Still going to a very tough game, but it’s there for the taking.

Hartage out.
seriously?
Well, we are missing our best LB Hall, 2 year Starting DL Thompson, Best guy in the secondary Hartage, Starting RB Larkin and our best receiver probably doesn't last the first half. Sounds about right. The scary thing is we don't have anyone behind CT or Bowser.

Utah missing their starting QB, (Huntley), leading RB (Moss), leading WR (Covey), and Star LB (Hansen).

We’ve obviously got some injuries of our own, but man, that’s tough. Still going to a very tough game, but it’s there for the taking.
And we're missing our secondary.
I mean ... bowl games are bowl games, not to be stressed over. Will be nice to win though.

And we're missing our secondary.
I mean ... bowl games are bowl games, not to be stressed over. Will be nice to win though.
We're missing our best OFFENSIVE player too. He retired during the season.

I'm hoping McGee is back to his former self. I've always liked him and could see him bringing some heat at LB. He will need a blow from not playing but Bergin has been solid.

Hell with their injury excuse. We took the field less our arguable best DT, stalwart LB and best DB all out with injury. Before the end of the first quarter was over our top two WR’s were done. NU overcame that and a three score deficit to win.

Hell with their injury excuse. We took the field less our arguable best DT, stalwart LB and best DB all out with injury. Before the end of the first quarter was over our top two WR’s were done. NU overcame that and a three score deficit to win.
Both teams had very big injury issues to overcome. Utah did an awesome job of it in the first half, while we not only overcame that but the big punch to the mouth we took from Utah. Whoever won that game should be proud for persevering and overcoming.

Well, guess who is still standing?

Northwestern has overcome injuries all season, which is one reason I think Fitz was voted unanimously by his peers as Coach of the Year in the B1G this season. They realize what a job he's done. I've rarely heard fans of an opposing team that has beaten Northwestern say, "Oh, you guys had a lot of injuries or it might have been a better game." Usually it's more along the lines of, "same ol' Northwestern or something similar." Sorry for Utah, but NU won a bowl game last season with its starting QB out for three quarters and its defensive leader tossed out of the game. Them's the breaks.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver

Losing both Nagel and Skowronek in the first quarter could've been a mortal blow for our offense. Green stepped up big time, as did others like Lees, RCB, and McGowan. Big play receivers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT