ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball

Catdude

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
Shane Davis got fired on December 1st so we’re coming up on a month with no head coach. Compared to football and basketball when a replacement is usually named within days, a month is an eternity. Hopefully an announcement is coming soon.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
This is bad and will not only be bad for recruiting but but bad for the players. Team was close to being competitive. Hope they get a coach soon.

Last edited:
Shane Davis got fired on December 1st so we’re coming up on a month with no head coach. Compared to football and basketball when a replacement is usually named within days, a month is an eternity. Hopefully an announcement is coming soon.

Was thinking the same. Starting to think I might have missed an announcement. I wonder who is running the search? God help us if Gragg is taking the lead on this one? Does Army have a Women’s VB team?

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Sarcasm recognized, but here's the link: https://goarmywestpoint.com/sports/womens-volleyball/roster

Go Army!

LOL. She actually checks a lot of boxes. Not sure she would relocate due to her husband’s role at West Point however.

Tomorrow is six weeks without a head coach. It’s not like Shane Davis unexpectedly quit and caught them by surprise. They fired him, so you’d think they had a plan in place.

Did Gragg shut down the program and not tell anyone?

Tomorrow is six weeks without a head coach. It’s not like Shane Davis unexpectedly quit and caught them by surprise. They fired him, so you’d think they had a plan in place.

Did Gragg shut down the program and not tell anyone?

Gragg is incompetent. Hard to believe he still has a job.

Beyond comprehension that you fire a head coach and don’t have several serious candidates lined up. I have been closely involved in several HC hiring processes, and this is not the way it is usually done. Gragg has really not looked good in terms of his hiring.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Beyond comprehension that you fire a head coach and don’t have several serious candidates lined up. I have been closely involved in several HC hiring processes, and this is not the way it is usually done. Gragg has really not looked good in terms of his hiring.

Par for the course. I wonder if the interest from top candidates isn’t there?

Reactions: 2388bb
Seriously, it's hard to imagine a major college program being without a replacement coach for this length of time. Death knell for recruiting, one would think. High school season in most states is of course over, but club activity is when the bulk of recruiting is done nowadays.

For that matter, one would think the potential for outgoing transfers is increasing (though I don't know volleyball's portal windows).

Thanks, NJ. Is it known how many Cats (& who) declared for the portal? And is the early Jan date a deadline for volleyballers to apply, or must they accept an offer from elsewhere by then? (Sorry I don't know where to look that up. :rolleyes:)

Thanks, NJ. Is it known how many Cats (& who) declared for the portal? And is the early Jan date a deadline for volleyballers to apply, or must they accept an offer from elsewhere by then? (Sorry I don't know where to look that up. :rolleyes:)
I don't know the answer to the second question, but the resource I found only lists one outgoing transfer: Ellie Stinson.

Today marks eight weeks without a head coach. I have no idea what is normal in the world of college volleyball coaching searches, but two months is so incredibly long in comparison to football and basketball searches that usually last only days.

The craziest part is this is the off-season so it’s not like NU has to wait on potential coaches to finish their season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT