ADVERTISEMENT

Wanny on WSCR Today

Hungry Jack

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2008
the cotton fields and bus shelters
www.cbc.ca
He was very good with Mully and Hanley. He talked about how hard it is to coach in college with all the off-the-field demands on your time. He said something to the effect of "You are always out recruiting. You have to follow them on social media. You have to got have a lunch with your boosters. Then the dean calls and says you starting tackle, Mike Mulligan, may be ineligible this week because he has all Ds (Mulligan retorted "D+!")."

He gave props to PJ, Lovie and Allen (Indiana) for their accomplishments. "Where does Indiana get these players?" Wanny bellowed.

I guess a month ago, Wanny said Minny would win the west, and everyone howled at him. He said Penn State beats you with big plays, and Minny shut that off. He said Minny has a bunch of guys who will play on Sunday. Wanny likes Minny.

Wanny was very good. Maybe he is getting more fish into his diet.

Wanny went 9-4, 10-3, & 8-5 his last 3 years at Pitt and got fired because fans have unreasonable expectations. There are quite a few fired coaches who are good coaches.
He joked about having recruited Aaron Donald, and how hard it is to prepare for him. He called him a "game plan wrecker."

He thinks the Rams may be deflated after the Pittsburgh loss, and that the Bears may waltz through the game in LA. I have hard time seeing the Bears waltz through anything not called the "Blue Danube."

Reactions: CitizenCat
He was very good with Mully and Hanley. He talked about how hard it is to coach in college with all the off-the-field demands on your time. He said something to the effect of "You are always out recruiting. You have to follow them on social media. You have to got have a lunch with your boosters. Then the dean calls and says you starting tackle, Mike Mulligan, may be ineligible this week because he has all Ds (Mulligan retorted "D+!")."

He gave props to PJ, Lovie and Allen (Indiana) for their accomplishments. "Where does Indiana get these players?" Wanny bellowed.

I guess a month ago, Wanny said Minny would win the west, and everyone howled at him. He said Penn State beats you with big plays, and Minny shut that off. He said Minny has a bunch of guys who will play on Sunday. Wanny likes Minny.

But for the financial windfall, “major college football coach” seems like a really crappy job. 4 parts sucking up, 1 part doing the work.

Like most jobs, I guess.

Reactions: KATankerous

Did he say he might be interested in coaching again?

Reactions: phatcat
I always thought Minnesota was moving forward in a smart manner, bringing in BIG athletes and playing a consistent, conservative and physical style that worked to their strengths. Sure they have had a cupcake schedule but it allowed them to stay healthy and build confidence. Everyone loves to put down PJ, he's easy to dislike, but he isn't dumb. Illinois has caught lightning in a bottle with their transfers. They have zero academic restrictions and players love playing for Lovie. He was due a break so good for Lovie and Illinois.

And I second Wannstedt's question on where Indiana finds their athletes. They are always being put down on their recruiting and talent yet they find exceptionally talented individuals. If only NU could find these game changers

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Raymont was tailgating in the East Lot before the OSU game this year. He looked like he could still tote the rock for the Bears this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT