ADVERTISEMENT

Warren Long's lawsuit

villox

Aug 19, 2008
Has some of the most detailed accounts of the sexual abuse he suffered while at NU. Can't chalk this one up to a disgruntled player who just didn't see enough playing time.

These are some pretty troubling details.

And, contrary to what I expected, there has been no rush of reports of these things happening at other schools. Perhaps that will come, but I have not seen it yet.

Reactions: Hkjb
I wish the players who did this stuff were getting sued instead. Those are the actual villains. Instead, they get off scot-free in anonymity.
Can't get a big pay day from someone who most likely has a modest bank roll, but logically speaking you are correct. Fitz would never have condoned this type of behavior. Almost sounds like a fantasy nightmare, too horrible to imagine. YUCK!

As someone who's not into the stuff alleged here ("not that there's anything wrong with that" for those who are, as Seinfeld would say), it sounds extremely gross to me and you could not pay me enough to participate and if anybody tried to force me to do those things I would go to the authorities immediately. In any case, I'm sure everybody here agrees that forced participation in such activities is unacceptable.

I just can't believe that this particular stuff would go on for so long with any regularity without somebody objecting to it until now.

For those on here who doubt the accounts of CR and Yates, what does it say that Warren Long's allegations are largely in line with their accusations? Do you think Warren Long was also a disgruntled player who is being opportunistic money grubber? Or are you willing to consider that CR and Yates were largely telling the truth?

As someone who's not into the stuff alleged here ("not that there's anything wrong with that" for those who are, as Seinfeld would say), it sounds extremely gross to me and you could not pay me enough to participate and if anybody tried to force me to do those things I would go to the authorities immediately. In any case, I'm sure everybody here agrees that forced participation in such activities is unacceptable.

I just can't believe that this particular stuff would go on for so long with any regularity without somebody objecting to it until now.
What an incredibly emphatic post for one of our fan favorite players’ duress. And, I trust you know this, I’m being sarcastic.

I’m personally very sorry that Warren endured all of this. Firing Fitz was the only first step towards an acceptable outcome.

He played his heart out for us… and I don’t know why he didn’t transfer out after his freshman experience.

What an incredibly emphatic post for one of our fan favorite players’ duress. And, I trust you know this, I’m being sarcastic.

I’m personally very sorry that Warren endured all of this. Firing Fitz was the only acceptable outcome.

He played his heart out for us… and I don’t know why he didn’t transfer out after his freshman experience.
Did you personally witness "running" or "car washes" during your time with the team and did it match up with these allegations?

Nobody but Schill would believe this really happened as described. I hope they let it go to trial so we can hear a cross examination in detail. The truth shall set you free.

Did you personally witness "running" or "car washes" during your time with the team and did it match up with these allegations?
If you had a subscription to the Rock, then you’d already know. That being said… you’re one of our more devoted freeloaders so I’ll give you a sneak peek.

No to the running as it sounds like that evolved during Fitz’s tenure. Yes, I also endured the car washes although they were different 20 years ago, which you can also find detailed in The Athletic’s article.

Nobody but Schill would believe this really happened as described. I hope they let it go to trial so we can hear a cross examination in detail. The truth shall set you free.
The last six words were all you needed: The Truth shall set us all free!

NU doesn’t settle litigation easily from what I’ve read on here. I, and many others, also hope that this goes to court.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Can't get a big pay day from someone who most likely has a modest bank roll, but logically speaking you are correct. Fitz would never have condoned this type of behavior. Almost sounds like a fantasy nightmare, too horrible to imagine. YUCK!
As John Dillinger said, you rob banks because that is where the money is. Both Fitz and the plaintiffs will be going after the same deep pocket.

From experience, I know that when one party is suing another, they can allege whatever they want to allege, making generally true statements and leaving out any details that are detrimental to their case.

NU had better drop the wrestling program asap.

Reactions: FeralFelidae
From experience, I know that when one party is suing another, they can allege whatever they want to allege, making generally true statements and leaving out any details that are detrimental to their case.

NU had better drop the wrestling program asap.
I spent four years as a wrestler and two years as an assistant coach at Northwestern. I can tell you a lot of stories about touching men's body parts for sure.

So if he lied about that, he could also be lying about players rubbing their genitals with each other?
Forgot all about that Brendan Langley b.s. Long has a history of lying. 🤔
This kind of stuff happened back in the 2000s. Read the article in the Athletic (written by two NU alums). Rico and Braden are telling the truth too.

Reactions: NUCat320
I spent four years as a wrestler and two years as an assistant coach at Northwestern. I can tell you a lot of stories about touching men's body parts for sure.
Totally different sport. I wrestled in junior high and for a year in HS. Apples and oranges.

Be interesting if it happens and a few more subpoenas too. We know it won’t but it would certainly be interesting.

If you had a subscription to the Rock, then you’d already know. That being said… you’re one of our more devoted freeloaders so I’ll give you a sneak peek.

No to the running as it sounds like that evolved during Fitz’s tenure. Yes, I also endured the car washes although they were different 20 years ago, which you can also find detailed in The Athletic’s article.
I'll give you a sneak peak at how business models work: There are no freeloaders when there are ads.

• Haha
Reactions: CatManTrue
I'll give you a sneak peak at how business models work: There are no freeloaders when there are ads.
I use that term lovingly… my subscription expires in November and whether I renew it or not has been keeping certain posters up at night.

Rest assured… the Truth shall set this board free if said subscription does expire.

Surprisingly, this whole hazing scandal has made me more likely to renew. Lou and his team’s reporting on this has been as solid as any, and it’s been helpful to reprocess all of these on the message boards. Cheaper than therapy, too.

The funny thing is my son never drank or participated in any of the team BS. Neither of us have ever desired to drink alcohol. He definitely knew not to get involved in tye stupid crap . He was actually not well liked for it . The player who gave him the most crap was Warren. Good thing my son has a cellphone with a good camera.Thought about tagging one of these "poor victims" on IG or twitter in a video.

Last edited:

Subscribe to The Rock. And get your gear at Let's Tailgate! (Too soon?)

Most my post have been deleted. Seems Rival is like Northwestern, neither believe in free speech.
You have over 3000 posts on this site, it is quite clear that most of your posts aren't deleted.
So I’ll say it again, WML sure seems like the least believable player that is suing. For some reason, this gets deleted.
This version of your post is better and will remain.

Reactions: DaCat
You have over 3000 posts on this site, it is quite clear that most of your posts aren't deleted.

This version of your post is better and will remain.
A good many of my messages over the years were on the Rant Board, but my messages count did not decrease when that board went away. (I kept all my "likes" from that board, too.) I know that Cripple had his share of posts on that board, too, which have also disappeared. (Everybody's posts on that board disappeared, though, regardless of poster, so it wasn't a targeted persecution or anything.)

A good many of my messages over the years were on the Rant Board, but my messages count did not decrease when that board went away. (I kept all my "likes" from that board, too.) I know that Cripple had his share of posts on that board, too, which have also disappeared. (Everybody's posts on that board disappeared, though, regardless of poster, so it wasn't a targeted persecution or anything.)
The board still exists - it’s simply cloaked. They could revive tomorrow and would reappear like a Marvel movie in the same condition as it was when it disappeared.

LOL, in today’s lawsuit filing they are claiming that the Kenosha watermelon eating contest was racially insensitive towards black players. This is getting beyond ridiculous. Let’s just call this for what it is, a thinly veiled money grab by a handful of malcontents who couldn’t make an NU degree work for them.

Last edited:
LOL, in today’s lawsuit filing they are claiming that the Kenosha watermelon eating contest was racially insensitive towards black players. This is getting beyond ridiculous. Let’s just call this for what it is, a thinly veiled money grab by a handful of malcontents who couldn’t make an NU degree work for them.

Ever time I think we’ve reached the lowest levels of absurdity something else comes up. This watermelon thing is new low. What’s next? The crazy bat race was cruel and unusual punishment?

Ever time I think we’ve reached the lowest levels of absurdity something else comes up. This watermelon thing is new low. What’s next? The crazy bat race was cruel and unusual punishment?
When the team had tacos for dinner that one time... that alone was horrifying....

but then Fitzgerald said "Si Senor" to the chef! How degrading! Such a racist.

The clincher was when one of the assistant coaches said he was going to do a rain dance on Saturday... obviously meant to insult the Native American tribes the university displaced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT