ADVERTISEMENT

We have been beaten down by our schedule and injuries

FeralFelidae

Sep 1, 2003
We have the #1 most difficult schedule in the Sagarin ratings coming into today. Everybody but UNLV is good; even Indiana is good, even Minnesota will be good, even Illinois will be good. Okay, Nebraska isn't good and we lost a heart-breaker to them, and then we had to go play Ohio State.

We lost TJ Green for the season in our first game, and we lost Hunter to injuries against Wisconsin (even setting aside family issues), so we've been down to our 3rd string QB, and Bowser has been battling injuries all season and didn't play today.

This doesn't excuse being the worst offense in the country, but I do think this schedule has beaten us down; there haven't been any winnable games to regain confidence.

When I saw that IU had six wins and NU one going into the game, I wondered...when was the last time IU had five or more wins than NU going into our game? The answer?

I didn't look it up.

We have the #1 most difficult schedule in the Sagarin ratings coming into today. Everybody but UNLV is good; even Indiana is good, even Minnesota will be good, even Illinois will be good. Okay, Nebraska isn't good and we lost a heart-breaker to them, and then we had to go play Ohio State.

We lost TJ Green for the season in our first game, and we lost Hunter to injuries against Wisconsin (even setting aside family issues), so we've been down to our 3rd string QB, and Bowser has been battling injuries all season and didn't play today.

This doesn't excuse being the worst offense in the country, but I do think this schedule has beaten us down; there haven't been any winnable games to regain confidence.
No, we have basically been in one game. We lost to a lousy Nebraska team and everyone else has thumped us. This is big boy ball. You have 85 guys on the team for a reason. They need to be ready to contribute something.

Reactions: IGNORE and drewjin
This thread harks back to the Hayden Fry days of "I hope we don't hurt your boys" during The Dark Ages. It hurts me to just think of those days.

Part of the reason our SoS is so strong is that 7 of the 8 teams on our schedule got to pad their stats by beating Northwestern.

Reactions: IGNORE and NUCat320
Yes, answer is is obvious. Fitz, wake up, it is not about HJ's mother or any other QB's, it is our total offensive incompetence.

Reactions: IGNORE

This is what mystifies and infuriates me at the same time; I know all teams have injuries but it seems like this year we’re dropping like flies. I wasn’t able to watch the game up here in Minnesota because of a nephew’s stupid wedding but I was able to pick the game up on WGN for the 2nd half and right away Adam says Miller and Newsome(?) we’re out! What gives, I hear Fitz say that these guys are breaking personal records in the weight room that cost a trillion dollars that was to be a “game-changer”. Our secret sauce is Spanos. Something stinks! Sorry just a frustrated rant!

Worst offense, not schedule, every game is winnable, but we haven't. This has been coming on for years and has finally hit. Time for change, asap.

Reactions: IGNORE and drewjin
Sorry Feral, whatever Sagarin is doing to calculate this is wrong. We have played one really good team, maybe the best in the country. The rest are average at best. If we were losing close games to the rest of these posers,fine, but we are averaging less than 7 points a game v P5, which is about what other defenses are scoring against us.

Our offense is the worst in the country and our defense is finally crumbling. The dog crap on top of the cake will be when Lovie and company rush for 350 yards and beat us by 4 TDs

Sorry Feral, whatever Sagarin is doing to calculate this is wrong. We have played one really good team, maybe the best in the country. The rest are average at best. If we were losing close games to the rest of these posers,fine, but we are averaging less than 7 points a game v P5, which is about what other defenses are scoring against us.

Our offense is the worst in the country and our defense is finally crumbling. The dog crap on top of the cake will be when Lovie and company rush for 350 yards and beat us by 4 TDs
Iowa and Wisconsin are average at best? Really?

Iowa and Wisconsin are average at best? Really?
Wisconsin has beaten one good team, is on a two game losing streak and got beat by ILL.

Iowa has beaten no one and has an offense they looks like ours.

They play each other next week. If one of them, probably Wisc, wins easily, I'll admit that team is good. If it is a 13-9 grovel fest, I won't. It will mean that they have good defenses and poor offenses, i.e half a team i.e average

Wisconsin has beaten one good team, is on a two game losing streak and got beat by ILL.
And they've pitched four shutouts, 49-0 61-0 48-0 38-0 and some of those teams will be playing in bowl games. That's pretty damned impressive. Illinois who beat them looks like they'll be playing in a bowl game, too.

And they've pitched four shutouts, 49-0 61-0 48-0 38-0 and some of those teams will be playing in bowl games. That's pretty damned impressive. Illinois who beat them looks like they'll be playing in a bowl game, too.
The schedule didn’t help, but the offense is unwatchable. NU could score as many points as they have with you at the helm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT