ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday: Intelligent (Nerdy) Joke day

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
Last week I suggested that during the slow season we could have a Nerdy joke day and a pretty good thread of good and bad jokes ensued. Perhaps we expended the best of the best or maybe there are still some jokes lurking.

I have one that I will post in a minute but this is the thread.

I grew up on the south side of Chicago in a predominately Irish Catholic neighborhood. Half of the 200 kids in my elementary school identified as Irish Catholic and the Catholic school across the street had like 1000 kids in it. I used to get mocked and bullied every St Patricks Day onto way home from school. Recently, I did the Ancestory.com thing and discovered I'm 17% Irish so I feel I can tell this Irish joke and still be PC.

The joke part starts here.

There was this Irish fellow who lived on the south side. Of course his name was Paddy. Every night Paddy would walk down to McMurphy's Irish pub and order three beers. Three beers all at one time. He would bring the three beers and usually order three more. Occasionally, he would even order three more for as many as nine beers.

The bartender, Murph himself actually, said to Paddy, "Ya know Paddy, old fella. Ya doesn't have to order tree beers at the same time. You could order a beer and I'd bring it to ya in a nice frosty mug and when ya finished ya could order another beer and I'f bring a fresh'en for yeh and so on and so forth all the night long."

Paddy replied, "No Murph, ya gots ta understand. When I order me tree beers, I order one for me and one for each of me two brudders back in Ireland. And when I'm sittin here with da tree beers on the bar, I tink a dem and it feels like we are a little bit togeder."

Murph understands and so it goes for a long time.

One night Paddy comes in and he only orders two beers and drinks them down and orders two more, drinks them down and two more until a total of ten beers. The next night the same and the next night the same. This goes on for a week. Murph becomes a little concerned so finally he screws up his courage and says to Paddy (who is a rather private person), "Paddy, I'm sorry about your brother." Paddy replies, "What ya talk'n bout Murph? What have ya heard bout me brudder?" Well, says Murph, "Every night you come in and order three beers one for yourself and one each of your two brothers back in Ireland. This past week or so you have only been ordering two beers and you seem kind of solemn lately so I assumed something had happened tone of your brothers."

"Oh, no, no." Paddy replies, "There is noth'n wrong wit me brudders. What ya dinna know bout me Murph is that in me old age, I've become a very religious man. I've given up beer for Lent."

(As an unrepentant Swede, I think it's okay to relate this one. Besides, nothing says "intelligent nerdy joke" like Ole and Lena.)

So, Ole comes home to his wife Lena. Sheepishly, he tells her, "I yust got fired from my job at da pickle factory. I got my ting caught in da pickle slicer." Lena asks him, "Ole, are you okay?" "Oh, I'm fine," he replies. "Den vat happened to da pickle slicer?" she asks. Ole: "Vell, dey fired her, too."

:rolleyes:
(As an unrepentant Swede, I think it's okay to relate this one. Besides, nothing says "intelligent nerdy joke" like Ole and Lena.)

So, Ole comes home to his wife Lena. Sheepishly, he tells her, "I yust got fired from my job at da pickle factory. I got my ting caught in da pickle slicer." Lena asks him, "Ole, are you okay?" "Oh, I'm fine," he replies. "Den vat happened to da pickle slicer?" she asks. Ole: "Vell, dey fired her, too."
Next week we will feature Ole and Lena Jokes.:rolleyes:

I grew up on the south side of Chicago in a predominately Irish Catholic neighborhood. Half of the 200 kids in my elementary school identified as Irish Catholic and the Catholic school across the street had like 1000 kids in it. I used to get mocked and bullied every St Patricks Day onto way home from school. Recently, I did the Ancestory.com thing and discovered I'm 17% Irish so I feel I can tell this Irish joke and still be PC.

The joke part starts here.

There was this Irish fellow who lived on the south side. Of course his name was Paddy. Every night Paddy would walk down to McMurphy's Irish pub and order three beers. Three beers all at one time. He would bring the three beers and usually order three more. Occasionally, he would even order three more for as many as nine beers.

The bartender, Murph himself actually, said to Paddy, "Ya know Paddy, old fella. Ya doesn't have to order tree beers at the same time. You could order a beer and I'd bring it to ya in a nice frosty mug and when ya finished ya could order another beer and I'f bring a fresh'en for yeh and so on and so forth all the night long."

Paddy replied, "No Murph, ya gots ta understand. When I order me tree beers, I order one for me and one for each of me two brudders back in Ireland. And when I'm sittin here with da tree beers on the bar, I tink a dem and it feels like we are a little bit togeder."

Murph understands and so it goes for a long time.

One night Paddy comes in and he only orders two beers and drinks them down and orders two more, drinks them down and two more until a total of ten beers. The next night the same and the next night the same. This goes on for a week. Murph becomes a little concerned so finally he screws up his courage and says to Paddy (who is a rather private person), "Paddy, I'm sorry about your brother." Paddy replies, "What ya talk'n bout Murph? What have ya heard bout me brudder?" Well, says Murph, "Every night you come in and order three beers one for yourself and one each of your two brothers back in Ireland. This past week or so you have only been ordering two beers and you seem kind of solemn lately so I assumed something had happened tone of your brothers."

"Oh, no, no." Paddy replies, "There is noth'n wrong wit me brudders. What ya dinna know bout me Murph is that in me old age, I've become a very religious man. I've given up beer for Lent."
I, too, will use my Irish heritage to claim joke immunity.

How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

Answer: none

C'mon, this got 3 likes, and Duxedoes didn't get any? I quit

No I don't. When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

A guy is sitting at home when he hears a knock at the door. He opens the door and sees a snail on the porch. He picks up the snail and throws it as far as he can. Three years later there’s a knock on the door. He opens it and sees the same snail. The snail says: ‘What the hell was that all about?’

It’s the World Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right next to the pitch. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbour if someone will be sitting there. ‘No,’ says the neighbour. ‘The seat is empty.’ ‘This is incredible,’ said the man. ‘Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Final and not use it?’ The neighbour says, ‘Well actually the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first World Cup Final we haven’t been to together since we got married.’ ‘Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that. That’s terrible….But couldn’t you find someone else, a friend, relative or even a neighbour to take her seat?’ The man shakes his head. ‘No,’ he says. ‘They’re all at the funeral.'

Sid and Irv are business partners. They make a deal that whichever one dies first will contact the living one from the afterlife. So Irv dies. Sid doesn’t hear from him for about a year, figures there is no afterlife. Then one day he gets a call. It’s Irv. ‘So there is an afterlife! What’s it like?’ Sid asks. ‘Well, I sleep very late. I get up, have a big breakfast. Then I have sex, lots of sex. Then I go back to sleep, but I get up for lunch, have a big lunch. Have some more sex, take a nap. Huge dinner. More sex. Go to sleep and wake up the next day.’ ‘Oh, my God,’ says Sid. ‘So that’s what heaven is like?’ ‘Oh no,’ says Irv. ‘I’m not in heaven. I’m a bear in Yellowstone Park.'

A young boy enters a barber shop and the barber whispers to his customer. ‘This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch while I prove it you.’ The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, ‘Which do you want, son?’ The boy takes the quarters and leaves. ‘What did I tell you?’ said the barber. ‘That kid never learns!’ Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store. ‘Hey, son! May I ask you a question? Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?’ The boy licked his cone and replied, ‘Because the day I take the dollar, the game is over!’

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says, "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence; then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says, "OK, now what?"

Sid and Irv are business partners. They make a deal that whichever one dies first will contact the living one from the afterlife. So Irv dies. Sid doesn’t hear from him for about a year, figures there is no afterlife. Then one day he gets a call. It’s Irv. ‘So there is an afterlife! What’s it like?’ Sid asks. ‘Well, I sleep very late. I get up, have a big breakfast. Then I have sex, lots of sex. Then I go back to sleep, but I get up for lunch, have a big lunch. Have some more sex, take a nap. Huge dinner. More sex. Go to sleep and wake up the next day.’ ‘Oh, my God,’ says Sid. ‘So that’s what heaven is like?’ ‘Oh no,’ says Irv. ‘I’m not in heaven. I’m a bear in Yellowstone Park.'

I actually thought the Bear one was my favorite. Jeesh, tough crowd.

Where do the chemists in the lab eat their lunch?

At the periodic table.

One more...

Q: Why did Piglet look in the toilet?

A: Because he was looking for Pooh

That one I owe to my kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT