ADVERTISEMENT

What time do the West and East lots open up tomorrow?

DarthCat

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
I was looking for it on NUSports.com, but gave up after 30 seconds and came here. Anyone know off hand?

We have to be the only school in the Big Ten that limits tailgating to 4 hours before the game and requires cars to vacate the lot that same evening. How hard would it be to open the lots at 7:00am for all games, regardless of start time?

The parking pass situation, and vastly unused parking spots for many of the games, will forever frustrate this NU fan.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
We have to be the only school in the Big Ten that limits tailgating to 4 hours before the game and requires cars to vacate the lot that same evening. How hard would it be to open the lots at 7:00am for all games, regardless of start time?

The parking pass situation, and vastly unused parking spots for many of the games, will forever frustrate this NU fan.

It's a town issue. Don't want drunks in the lot after 10 hours of hitting it hard.

You're doing something seriously wrong if you can't get shitfaced in 4 hours.

They opened up the lots early when Gameday visited for the OSU game. But that was the only time I can recall them doing so.

The non-permit lots on campus are open for earlier tailgating if one desires. Frankly 4 hours is plenty though.

There are and have been a few exceptions to the 4-Hour Rule.

NU doesn't own any of the 3 Golf Course Parking Areas, so that in itself makes it difficult. The Golf Course Canal Banks are leased from the Metropolitan Water Reclaimation District by Canal Shores and the City (Politics). The other issue is the Stadium is in a residential area and this ain't Madison where most folks care about Football/Basketball.

However, since Shapiro became NU President and perhaps a short time prior to that, City/NU Relations have greatly improved. Now Residential/NU Relations might be a different story.

I reside in Evanston and don't care as it's only 6-8 weekends for football, but hey I'm the minority. NU also helps keep the area cleaned up after events and is being a good neighbor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT