ADVERTISEMENT

What will future offensive coaching structure look like?

For what it’s worth, BC’s offensive coaching staff includes:

OC/QB coach
WR coach (interim head coach)
TE coach (assistant head coach)
RB coach

Rich Gunnell is BC’s WR coach. Fairly young — played at BC from 2006-09 — and actually played the position.

Bajakian’s relationship with him is short-lived, and the interim HC tag would appear to demonstrate that BC values him and wouldn’t want to lose him.

So, if there’s a new WR coach, it might come from elsewhere.

For what it’s worth, BC’s offensive coaching staff includes:

OC/QB coach
WR coach (interim head coach)
TE coach (assistant head coach)
RB coach

Rich Gunnell is BC’s WR coach. Fairly young — played at BC from 2006-09 — and actually played the position.

Bajakian’s relationship with him is short-lived, and the interim HC tag would appear to demonstrate that BC values him and wouldn’t want to lose him.

So, if there’s a new WR coach, it might come from elsewhere.

Not sure what to read into BC not picking him as interim HC?

I clearly was wrong as it looks like Fitz indeed found a good OC/QB coach willing to come in and work with existing offensive assistants.

Not sure what to read into BC not picking him as interim HC?

I clearly was wrong as it looks like Fitz indeed found a good OC/QB coach willing to come in and work with existing offensive assistants.

Nothing to read into it. The WR coach is a BC alum and they wanted the coordinators to focus on game planning for the Bowl game rather than dealing with head coaching responsibilities. It doesn't seem like it will matter since Bajakian is unlikely to stick around for their bowl game.

Nothing to read into it. The WR coach is a BC alum and they wanted the coordinators to focus on game planning for the Bowl game rather than dealing with head coaching responsibilities. It doesn't seem like it will matter since Bajakian is unlikely to stick around for their bowl game.
Really? I feel like if he wasn't going to stick around BC, NU would have made an official announcement. At this point we haven't heard anything since the well announced possibility that he might be our next OC.
To be honest , the silence since the initial suggestion makes me wonder if it is really just a rumor about a candidate who is being seriously considered. It would be so like Fitz to let the media and us run with this idea because he feels like it is nobody's business until it's final. If it ends up being somebody else Fitz would just enjoy the idea that he could say the media doesn't know what they are talking about. The one thing that holds me back on this idea is I think Fitz respects Lou and Lou suggested that it might be Bajakian.

Last edited:
Really? I feel like if he wasn't going to stick around BC, NU would have made an official announcement. At this point we haven't heard anything since the well announced possibility that he might be our next OC.
To be honest , the silence since the initial suggestion makes me wonder if it is really just a rumor about a candidate who is being seriously considered. It would be so like Fitz to let the media and us run with this idea because he feels like it is nobody's business until it's final. If it ends up being somebody else Fitz would just enjoy the idea that he could say the media doesn't know what they are talking about. The one thing that holds me back on this idea is I think Fitz respects Lou and Lou suggested that if might be Bajakian.
Conspiracy theorist running amok......

Conspiracy theorist running amok......
I realize I'm speculating but it was a pretty big announcement that wasn't official. And still isn't as far as I can tell.
This is a fan message board, I'm just kind of wondering what is taking so long. Coaching BC's bowl game is a reasonable delay but GCG didn't think he would so what is the reason?

I realize I'm speculating but it was a pretty big announcement that wasn't official. And still isn't as far as I can tell.
This is a fan message board, I'm just kind of wondering what is taking so long. Coaching BC's bowl game is a reasonable delay but GCG didn't think he would so what is the reason?
Unless I missed something, there has been no "announcement" from any NU source. So its all been speculation to this point.

Patience.......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT