ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever happened to Turk anyways

Why is there a perception that there exists a large contingent of posters that feel NU can never do any wrong? I don’t get that. There might be a half dozen or so, but the Vast majority of posters point out both good and bad. There are a small group golf Pollyanna’s that certainly get get challenged for their constant rose colored glasses approach. There are also a handful of “haters” out there that never see anything positive. They get crap too. People on the extremes will always be targets. Watch TV lately?

Reactions: Eurocat and DaCat
Why is there a perception that there exists a large contingent of posters that feel NU can never do any wrong? I don’t get that. There might be a half dozen or so, but the Vast majority of posters point out both good and bad. There are a small group golf Pollyanna’s that certainly get get challenged for their constant rose colored glasses approach. There are also a handful of “haters” out there that never see anything positive. They get crap too. People on the extremes will always be targets. Watch TV lately?
I agree. It seems to be a normal distribution / bell curve of negative nellies and pollyannas on this board. Lately I've found myself getting more cynical about Fitz and the current state of the program, but I'm a still a diehard Dark Ages survivor and fan of the program. The fact that I'm negative at times just means I give a damn, and not willing to accept 3-9 and 1-11 seasons. Fitz still doesn't seem to get that it's better to have diehard fans than no fans at all.

I agree. It seems to be a normal distribution / bell curve of negative nellies and pollyannas on this board. Lately I've found myself getting more cynical about Fitz and the current state of the program, but I'm a still a diehard Dark Ages survivor and fan of the program. The fact that I'm negative at times just means I give a damn, and not willing to accept 3-9 and 1-11 seasons. Fitz still doesn't seem to get that it's better to have diehard fans than no fans at all.
Yup - with you. I’m back on the MBB bandwagon, though still not in the CcC camp. Trying hard to find a window to fly out tomorrow to go cheer on the team in Lincoln. And I’ll go to other games that I can make.

I feel that lowery has become an effective change and this team has proved me wrong about their potential. I’ll own it. Because this is what I want - a competitive team. They won’t win the big, probably won’t dance - but they have shown me a lot.

Show me a FB team that starts stacking wins next year, I’ll do the same. But it’s not a high percentage bet. In the same theory, be nice to see more fans call for heads to roll if things continue to suck. And I don’t see the Pollyannas doing so.

The Last Worthless Turk Post
(To the tune of Don Henley’s “The Last Worthless Evening”

I know you signed up on here to talk about the Cats
It’s been over 10 years for me and I’m done with all his crap
You can’t stand InsideNU and LTP just went away
It's time we all realize that Turk has nil to say

He still comes around sometimes and posts more yammer
If we all could just get our wish, he'd get the ban hammer
And it just breaks my brain to see him flail away
Someday the mods will get the nerve to come out to us and say:

This is the last worthless Turk post you will have to read
It’s time to send the troll away and free the board
Because it won’t be long before his Facebook group is filled with screed

Every day it’s the same tired memes and absurd claims
You catch a faint glimpse of truth sometimes, but with bogus names
And I’ve fallen for his shtick a time or two
I’ve got hooked on his bait, but this time I promise you, I promise you

This is the last worthless Turk post you will have to deign
Just give me a chance to show you how to use your brain
Because it won’t be long before his Facebook page is filled with screed

Turk, Turk, clicking, clicking
Clicking away
Clicking away

Trolls incite the masses, and get threads shut down
God knows we need a respite from this bullshit-filled ass clown
I know you still don’t think Turk will go away
But there are just so many lies that all of us can take

So this is the last worthless Turk post in Rock board lore
Just give Cap a chance to show you how to use Ignore
This is the last worthless Turk post you will ever see
Because Turk took his act to Facebook land for eternity

Hey hey hey hey hey yeah uh-huh
That you’ll have to read…

Last edited:

It’s been over 10 years for me and I’m tired of all his crap

Someday the mods will get the nerve to come out and say:

I’ve fallen for his shtick a time or two
I’ve been hooked on his bait, but this time I promise you, I promise you

Clicking away
Clicking away

God knows we need a respite from this bullshitting ass clown
But there are just so many lies that Lou can take

Because Turk has moved onto Facebook land for eternity

That'll get him back.

Reactions: IGNORE2
Turks going on rants on wildcat FB page with his famous “fans wanna know” quote…

It’s been over 10 years for me and I’m tired of all his crap

Someday the mods will get the nerve to come out and say:

I’ve fallen for his shtick a time or two
I’ve been hooked on his bait, but this time I promise you, I promise you

Clicking away
Clicking away

God knows we need a respite from this bullshitting ass clown
But there are just so many lies that all of us can take

Because Turk has moved onto Facebook land for eternity

Outdoing yourself HJ.

I should wander over to his FB page to see what he's doing. I haven't seen or heard anything from him in years now. Even FloridAlum said he hadn't heard from him for quite a long time before he died. And they were practically neighbors.

I should wander over to his FB page to see what he's doing. I haven't seen or heard anything from him in years now. Even FloridAlum said he hadn't heard from him for quite a long time before he died. And they were practically neighbors.
Do you know the title of his facebook group? I'd like to wander over as well.

One has to join the group to see the posts and I'm not interested at all in joining it. I decided not to join when he created the group years agoago
May I suggest you Gladesbombing that group? It was most enjoyable when you did that to the Scout site, epic.

May I suggest you Gladesbombing that group? It was most enjoyable when you did that to the Scout site, epic.

He was a real prick over there as well as here, making up false stories about me. Maybe I should drop some UK Kitchens ads on him for old times' sake.

The best bombing was when Rivals had both thread view and topic view, and one could bomb the topic viewers by posting nonsense to old threads and the thread viewers would never see the "damage." I only did it briefly on Rivals, and topic viewers were screaming at me to stop while thread viewers were wondering what was happening. I sat on that for years when we had no moderator.

September 10, 2010 - that was the date I first hammered Scout and Mr. Vranicar, the Carpetbagger from Kansas, for welcoming posters who hated on NU players while booting loyal fans off the boards. The Carpetbagger was actually working as an English teacher in China (!) at that time.

I had just purchased a property after the Vanderbilt game and was sitting in a motel with nothing to do except watch TV and/or bomb the Scout board that I'd recently been booted from. I enjoyed a 6-pack, used Turk's old email address to register with Scout, and then bombed it for hours. The Carpetbagger was thoroughly disgusted and pissed off ... at Turk!

When Turk received the congratulatory email from Scout, he became curious and tried to post there again. He was immediately blocked. Turk inquired as to why he was blocked and the Carpetbagger went BERZERKER on him for bombing the board. Naturally, that puzzled and pissed Turk off and they argued back and forth over this, unaware of this vulnerability using emails to set up accounts. Even Scout couldn't figure it out. Someone forwarded some of their emails back and forth to me and they were right out of Billy Madison when Sandler gets scolded for a poor answer. The Carpetbagger was disgusted at the effort that went into it, wondered what depraved person would do such a horrible thing for hours, and he still wasn't convinced that it wasn't Turk.

Last edited:
You can be sure he’s lurking under one or more aliases enjoying the fact he is being mentioned here. No greater thrill for him to revive this type of attention. It’s what he lives for. Remember Mr. Hydepark?
Hey coral, I think Lou now knows the significance of that date from before. With some level heads, changes might be abrew including the demise of a privileged class around here :)

Love he can’t see this!

He was a real prick over there as well as here, making up false stories about me. Maybe I should drop some UK Kitchens ads on him for old times' sake.

The best bombing was when Rivals had both thread view and topic view, and one could bomb the topic viewers by posting nonsense to old threads and the thread viewers would never see the "damage." I only did it briefly on Rivals, and topic viewers were screaming at me to stop while thread viewers were wondering what was happening. I sat on that for years when we had no moderator.

September 10, 2010 - that was the date I first hammered Scout and Mr. Vranicar, the Carpetbagger from Kansas, for welcoming posters who hated on NU players while booting loyal fans off the boards. The Carpetbagger was actually working as an English teacher in China (!) at that time.

I had just purchased a property after the Vanderbilt game and was sitting in a motel with nothing to do except watch TV and/or bomb the Scout board that I'd recently been booted from. I enjoyed a 6-pack, used Turk's old email address to register with Scout, and then bombed it for hours. The Carpetbagger was thoroughly disgusted and pissed off ... at Turk!

When Turk received the congratulatory email from Scout, he became curious and tried to post there again. He was immediately blocked. Turk inquired as to why he was blocked and the Carpetbagger went BERZERKER on him for bombing the board. Naturally, that puzzled and pissed Turk off and they argued back and forth over this, unaware of this vulnerability using emails to set up accounts. Even Scout couldn't figure it out. Someone forwarded some of their emails back and forth to me and they were right out of Billy Madison when Sandler gets scolded for a poor answer. The Carpetbagger was disgusted at the effort that went into it, wondered what depraved person would do such a horrible thing for hours, and he still wasn't convinced that it wasn't Turk.
Turk deserved whatever grief he got. Remember how he thought he was the Pied Piper and tried to take all the members with him from Rivals to Scout. That didn't work out so well for him, especially after your Gladesbombing.

When Turk received the congratulatory email from Scout, he became curious and tried to post there again. He was immediately blocked. Turk inquired as to why he was blocked, and the Carpetbagger went BERZERKER on him for bombing the board. Naturally, that puzzled and pissed Turk off and they argued back and forth over this, unaware of this vulnerability using emails to set up accounts. Even Scout couldn't figure it out. Someone forwarded some of their emails back and forth to me and they were right out of Billy Madison when Sandler gets scolded for a poor answer. The Carpetbagger was disgusted at the effort that went into it, wondered what depraved person would do such a horrible thing for hours, and he still wasn't convinced that it wasn't Turk.

I'll say this though. Turk was a bright, charismatic hustler, and lots of fun to party with. He had all sorts of things going on: his Las Vegas stripper ministry (!) (Turk as a BA and MA in Bible from Trinity), his Sunday breakfast club with the gals (all in their 80s), Rivals player ratings (some compiled from radio broadcasts), his union work trolling airline execs (workers LOVED Turk - he got them a 25 cent/hour raise in one city just for showing up for a union vote), our arguments over everything, the Fake by the Lake, his thriving sports event ticket business, and a lot more. He could talk his way into and out of anything, including players' parents angry over his Turk ratings. Everyone liked him. Apparently, the one person who could silence him was Coach Fitz.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Reactions: Gladeskat
I would not join any group that would have me as a member.

(Paraphrasing the late great Groucho Marx)

Is there a channel that still shows Marx Brothers movies? Turner classic movies, perhaps? I haven't seen one in years and I love them.

I second the YouTube recommendation. Groucho basically wrote a theme song for this message board.

Is there a channel that still shows Marx Brothers movies? Turner classic movies, perhaps? I haven't seen one in years and I love them.
TCM- Turner Classic Movies-shows them from time to time.

Turk... should have stayed an OSU fan... but I'll remember the innovation of ordering a custom jersey with three digits.

For a more recent Graucho fix ...

I haven't watched it yet and generally I find Cavett painful. But it premiered only a few weeks ago.

M
MidvaleDave (aka WhyRandyWhy) left some time ago. My understanding was that he pivoted his online presence to social media sites (e.g. I think he's on Turk's FB page), but he still visits from time to time.
Hate to burst your bubble, but MidvaleDave was NOT WhyRandyWhy. I know both MidvaleDave & WhyRandyWhy and they're two different people who reside about 78 miles apart

M

Hate to burst your bubble, but MidvaleDave was NOT WhyRandyWhy. I know both MidvaleDave & WhyRandyWhy and they're two different people who reside about 78 miles apart
First I've ever heard that and I don't believe it. I remember there was a USC fan named TrojanOdyssey who was said to be a friend of MidvaleDave's whose forum signature was set to autoplay USC's fight song and he would come sh!tpost on the board from time to time.

Now that I think of it, I have some vague recollections that TrojanOdyssey was claimed to be WhyRandyWhy from the Purple Board. If so, why would a USC fan take such an interest in Randy Walker?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT