ADVERTISEMENT

When did our uni shirts get rid of the brick pattern in the numbers?

DarthCat

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Remember that being a highlighted feature, to reflect the brick work on campus.

Too many rules on uniform coloration in all sports I believe. Mens high school soccer in MI require the home team to wear white socks with the uniform. I personally liked the bricks and under armor has done a great job with uniforms (I get a high school kid perspective and the Unis against Michigan that were red white and blue most loved them) my personal favorite being the all black with the purple stripes across the middle and that awesome black and silver helmet.

Actually there's solid rationale for requiring different color socks to be worn by soccer opponents, and easier to have a definite rule as to who wears the lighter color. (Easier for home team to change.)

I officiated that sport for a good many years. So much action takes place on or near the ground that it's an aid to both players and officials if opponents' socks are of contrasting colors.

Reactions: T_Levine
Remember that being a highlighted feature, to reflect the brick work on campus.

It's hard to see, but NU's numbers still have the brickwork pattern. It did appear more pronounced in 2012 (similar to the pattern on the replicas), but it is still on the unis. The grey is very light and does not appear on video or most photos. The photo has to be an extreme close-up to capture it. The jerseys the team wore vs. Stanford definitely had the brickwork pattern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT