ADVERTISEMENT

Which is Worse?

That's like asking "What's worst? Drinking paint thinner or gasoline?"

Rocky Top or the Trojan fight song?

$C on pace to hang 50 on Ped State.
Rocky Top. Not close. I make my home in Tennessee and you never escape it. All year. Everywhere. In Southern California, at least they turn it off sometimes.

The only thing worse is that FSU chant. I have to turn the sound off to watch their home games on television.

I confess I'm a closet "Rocky Top" fan. I wish we had a song like that that annoys the competition. All we have is the lion roar.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I kind of like USC's fight song. Rocky top is the worst. Notre dame is next followed closely by Michigan.

Please. Ours is a Wildcat roar. There's is a Lion roar (and a mild one at that).

The NU wildcat roar strikes fear in the hearts of opponents on the gridiron. The Nittany Lion roar is feared by young boys especially if they are anywhere near a Penn State locker room shower.

Reactions: LACatFan
Wrong, The Mississippi State cowbells are far worse!
As much as I hate the cowbells in concept, I associate them with my son (who attends there), nice fans, and a bowl win. All positives. So I guess it is in the ear of the beholder.

The worst is a chubby, painted boy on a horse throwing a flaming spear into the field while whooping idiots move their arms up and down.
It is really difficult to not give the "most annoying" award to FSU.

As much as I hate the cowbells in concept, I associate them with my son (who attends there), nice fans, and a bowl win. All positives. So I guess it is in the ear of the beholder.

To me, it's as if MSU fans have all had tracheotomies and all they can do to make some noise is rattle cowbells. Very unloud and unintimidating. MSU fans were really nice folks, though, IMO!! I came to like MSU much much more than the pretentious and condescending Auburn Flying War Turd fans.

Reactions: ubercat
The Trojan Fight song is rendered tolerable only by watching the USC Song Girls dance to it.

Does this make the tomahawk chop more bearable? (note GWWTT)

usa-today-8070915.0.jpg

Wrong, The Mississippi State cowbells are far worse!

Man, you nailed it. Miss State games are the only ones where I always turn the sound off within seconds of tuning in. Just constant annoyance, all ... game ... long.

Even worse than having to listen to Gary and Verne. Hehe. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT