ADVERTISEMENT

Who would you rather play in the Rose Bowl?

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
On the one hand, Washington has taken a lot of team’s best punches, and mostly survived. I don’t know if they beat Wazzu in more clear conditions, but they were the better team last weekend.

On the other hand, Utah has a good, interesting, solid program and has become a real consistent player since moving to the PAC 12. But I don’t think Utah resonates nationally as a strong program (quite like NU, in fact).

In my all-too-brief analysis, I’ll say this:
I’m confident in this NU team, and I want the strongest possible opponent and a nationally-resonant victory. I’ll be cheering for Washington on Friday night.

Reactions: StreamCat
I watched part of the last game Utah played. They were behind BYU until late in the game (at half time it was something like 20 BYU, Utah 0). The Y just barely qualified for a bowl so all in all not an impressive win by the Utes.

If we want to win the Rose Utah gives us the best chance. The Washington dominant win over a top ranked WSU suggests the Huskies are playing their best at this point in the season.

Even so, with one of my sons having gotten his MD degree from Washington that will be the team I will be rooting for as well.

Last edited:
th

It would be fun for our football utes to beat the Utes' utes in the Rose Bowl just like our basketball utes beat the Utes' utes a few days ago.

I think we'd be outright favorites against Utah.

But if we get to the Rose Bowl, it means we also beat an opponent well above Washington.

I'm confident we win the Rose Bowl this year if we head there after beating Ohio State. Team's confidence will be through the roof.

UDub Huskies solely so the team can wear the Gothic jerseys. When I lived in Seattle and wore NU purple, people would stop me and say, "Go Huskies!' I'd reply, "I'm for the Cats, not the Cougs, but thanks!"

Washington beat Utah in a 10-3 defensive struggle.

UW looks very beatable if we get to the Rose Bowl.

Washington beat Utah in a 10-3 defensive struggle.

UW looks very beatable if we get to the Rose Bowl.
That was an ugly game. The only TD came on a pick 6 INT on a pass the WR should have caught.

That was an ugly game. The only TD came on a pick 6 INT on a pass the WR should have caught.

Yeah. UW just seems like the kind of team we could shut down; they really try to force the run and when it doesn't work, their offensive output just stalls this year.

Their QB Browning has been relatively inconsistent, and even when he's on his game, their coaches have restricted him to 22-26 attempts in most games.

They're pretty similar to us, but I'd give us the edge because Bowser's better than their RB Gaskin. We can probably shut down their running game and win a 24-17 kind of game.

Just depends on if we get the chance of course. But man, this is the year to play in the Rose Bowl. That's a really good matchup for us.

Yeah. UW just seems like the kind of team we could shut down; they really try to force the run and when it doesn't work, their offensive output just stalls this year.

Their QB Browning has been relatively inconsistent, and even when he's on his game, their coaches have restricted him to 22-26 attempts in most games.

They're pretty similar to us, but I'd give us the edge because Bowser's better than their RB Gaskin. We can probably shut down their running game and win a 24-17 kind of game.

Just depends on if we get the chance of course. But man, this is the year to play in the Rose Bowl. That's a really good matchup for us.
They looked much better against Wazzou in that snow game. Looked like a semi let down, how the Bucks have that same let down today.

They looked much better against Wazzou in that snow game. Looked like a semi let down, how the Bucks have that same let down today.
Conditions helped there, but I think the Utah game is reproducible because Cal also did the same thing and UW has been a ball control team all year. If their run game is shut down Petersen really doesn't trust their QB to win the game [he's been benched previously this year].

I hope you're right though about OSU.

On the one hand, Washington has taken a lot of team’s best punches, and mostly survived. I don’t know if they beat Wazzu in more clear conditions, but they were the better team last weekend.

On the other hand, Utah has a good, interesting, solid program and has become a real consistent player since moving to the PAC 12. But I don’t think Utah resonates nationally as a strong program (quite like NU, in fact).

In my all-too-brief analysis, I’ll say this:
I’m confident in this NU team, and I want the strongest possible opponent and a nationally-resonant victory. I’ll be cheering for Washington on Friday night.
Washington! WS passes the ball pretty well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT