ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin goes down.

Iowa game looms huge.

But Michigan game looms larger. Next week's going to be a heck of a game.

Iowa's got a pretty easy schedule. I'm sure they're already circling the game against us in two weeks. Hope they overlook Illinois next week and get upset.

As Oregon and MSU have shown, tough to replace a veteran secondary.

But if anyone can do it - it would be the 'Cats (that's where the injury situation the past 2 yrs has helped - giving younger players experience and still have 2 starters returning).

Right. They looked way over-rated at #2...should drop in the rankings (depending on how everyone else does).
Iowa did not look all of that good in the win. While any win against Wisconsin is good, Iowa got 4 turnovers and only scored 10 points. And the key turnover was caused by Iowa's offensive guard and quarterback miscue.

Wisconsins guard and QB, not Iowa. Wisconsin was on the Iowa 1 yard line going in for the go ahead score when the guard backed into stave, stepped on his foot and tripped him ultimately causing a fumble

Wisconsins guard and QB, not Iowa. Wisconsin was on the Iowa 1 yard line going in for the go ahead score when the guard backed into stave, stepped on his foot and tripped him ultimately causing a fumble
Correct. Typo. The point being that the Iowa D did not directly cause the turnover that saved the game for them.

30 plus mile hour winds certainly didn't help either of the passing attacks of Iowa or Wisky, but Iowa found a way to grind it out. I'm curious, haven't watched much of North_estern games yet this year, but has their defense faced a real physical o-line yet? Living in MN, I know that the gophers are really banged up in the o-line.

30 plus mile hour winds certainly didn't help either of the passing attacks of Iowa or Wisky, but Iowa found a way to grind it out. I'm curious, haven't watched much of North_estern games yet this year, but has their defense faced a real physical o-line yet? Living in MN, I know that the gophers are really banged up in the o-line.
Uh, Stanford is known for their physical offensive line. They have everyone but one tackle back from last year and NU's defensive line put it to them! Should be a great game in two weeks. Hope both teams are unbeaten!

Wisconsin managed 234 passing yards so the wind did not seem to bother them as much as Iowa.

I believe that the physicality of Stanford's O-Line is considered well above average.

We want OSU and MSU to keep their games at super high levels. That way, if we run the table and beat the winner of the east, we get into the MNC game and have a chance to win it all. If OSU OR MSU is #2 or better going into the BT title game and an undefeated NU beats them, we are IN the title game. And we can win it. That's the goal. And it starts with scUM.

Come back next week. We are concentrating our efforts on Hardballs squad this week.

Iowa did not look all of that good in the win. While any win against Wisconsin is good, Iowa got 4 turnovers and only scored 10 points. And the key turnover was caused by Iowa's offensive guard and quarterback miscue.

Right, didn't see the game live, but highlights make it appear Whisky shoot themselves in the foot and Stave returned to earth.

Correct. Typo. The point being that the Iowa D did not directly cause the turnover that saved the game for them.
Actually, that isn't true. Iowa's goal line D takes Nate Meier, the 6'2 250 lb DE and puts him at NG because he is so quick. He beat the guard to the spot and caused him to step back and quicker than he normally would. If you watch the replay, Meier met the RB a split second after he would have taken the hand off.

So it wasn't completely unforced. Still very fortunate on Iowa's part however

Actually, that isn't true. Iowa's goal line D takes Nate Meier, the 6'2 250 lb DE and puts him at NG because he is so quick. He beat the guard to the spot and caused him to step back and quicker than he normally would. If you watch the replay, Meier met the RB a split second after he would have taken the hand off.

So it wasn't completely unforced. Still very fortunate on Iowa's part however
Fair enough assessment. I have argued many times here that an offense can be made to look bad by a defensive play being made. I was not looking as closely as you.

Reactions: icu81222
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT