ADVERTISEMENT

Would you prefer to beat ND or have Iowa lose to Purdue Next Weekend?

Would you prefer to beat ND or have Iowa lose to Purdue Next Weekend?

• Beat ND -- that's three in a row!

Votes: 47 71.2%
  • Iowa goes down to Purdue -- we control the West!

Votes: 19 28.8%

• Total voters
Beating Notre Dame. How is this even a question?

A win over ND means the Cats are playing consistently good football and have every reason to expect victory @Iowa. It would also push NU into the Top 25 and avoid an 0-3 noncon season. Even if NU lost to Iowa, I still think @Nebraska will be a tough game for the Hawkeyes.

I’d like both, of course. But would rather see a Cats win.

I get the attraction of wanting Iowa to lose to Purdue. We have the head to head against Purdue so another Iowa loss really starts to sew up a division championship. The trouble with that choice is it hoping for a backdoor into the championship as if we can't earn it based on our own merit.

I really don't like ND but I want to beat them, not to show them up so much as to establish NU as an excellent team that isn't just having a fluke season. Only by beating teams like Wisconsin and ND will NU throw off the Rodney Dangerfield syndrome in the media and get kind of media respect that helps NU recruit for the future.

Don't for get that all the "Experts" on ESPN and BTN game day shows picked Wisconsin. NU has a lot to prove and backing into the Western Division Championship won't cut it.

Conference plz

I totally get people prioritizing the conference over an OOC game.
However, this isn't a question of whether you prefer us beating ND vs. beating Iowa.

People would actually prefer another team beating Iowa versus us beating our opponent this week? How about we beat ND and we don't rely on Purdue helping us, because we control our destiny and don't need any help?

First, people disrepect the Shillelagh and 80+ years of history and lore, for a program that people complain about lacks tradition. Now, this. Are you people insane?

Reactions: drewjin and phatcat
If you can only have one take beating ND getting to the Big Ten championship game would be a disaster Ohio State or Michigan will embarrass the Wildcats in the game.

If you can only have one take beating ND getting to the Big Ten championship game would be a disaster Ohio State or Michigan will embarrass the Wildcats in the game.

Because Michigan already “embarrassed” us this year in a game we arguably should have won? Because Ohio State “embarrassed” us in our last matchup (2016 in The Shoe)?

I realize you’re a troll, but you could at least try a little bit.

Don’t make us laugh clown. The way the Cats are playing now, NU can beat any team in The Big Ten Conference.

You don't know this team culture. The last few years we have improved dramatically as the season progresses and we have had a pattern of playing to the level of our opponent. I have no idea why these thing are true but there they are.

ND is a win for us; the other would be helpful but is unnecessary. We can take care of Iowa on our own the following week. We control our own destiny.

Last edited:
Reactions: jactheko
Because Michigan already “embarrassed” us this year in a game we arguably should have won? Because Ohio State “embarrassed” us in our last matchup (2016 in The Shoe)?

I realize you’re a troll, but you could at least try a little bit.

A game where the Wildcats jumped out to 17 point lead then had 90 yards of offense the last 3 quarters? If Michigan doesn’t have the TD called back in the first quarter they run NU off the field.

The Big West is the weakest it has ever been this year and no matter who comes out they going to get crushed by UM or OSU who will most likely be a 1 loss team looking for a playoff berth.

Don’t make us laugh clown. The way the Cats are playing now, NU can beat any team in The Big Ten Conference.

This is true and it’s what happened the first time NU played Michigan but NU choked the opportunity away. If those two teams play again it will be ugly. If I’m wrong in a few weeks about the Big Ten title game I’ll come here and admit but if NU get there it will a mismatch against who ever they play.

I can’t stand both fan bases so it’s tough. ND fans feel as if its their teams god given right to beat a team like Northwestern which is annoying. Iowa fans don’t ever give the opponent credit for beating their team. Its either Iowa wins, the officials beat Iowa, or Iowa beat themselves.

Can someone who voted for Purdue over Iowa please explain why?

Even if Iowa wins we still control the West the following week by beating them.
Beacause if they lose, we can lose to Iowa and still win the division by winning our final two games.

A game where the Wildcats jumped out to 17 point lead then had 90 yards of offense the last 3 quarters? If Michigan doesn’t have the TD called back in the first quarter they run NU off the field.

The Big West is the weakest it has ever been this year and no matter who comes out they going to get crushed by UM or OSU who will most likely be a 1 loss team looking for a playoff berth.

Like I said, we all know you’re a troll but you’ll need to do better than that.

I totally get people prioritizing the conference over an OOC game.
However, this isn't a question of whether you prefer us beating ND vs. beating Iowa.

People would actually prefer another team beating Iowa versus us beating our opponent this week? How about we beat ND and we don't rely on Purdue helping us, because we control our destiny and don't need any help?

First, people disrepect the Shillelagh and 80+ years of history and lore, for a program that people complain about lacks tradition. Now, this. Are you people insane?
Conference plz

We don't need to back into the Divisional Championship. Don't even want to understand that mentality. Let's go out and seize the West!

Reactions: EvanstonCat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT