ADVERTISEMENT

Wrather Commits!

Great offer list if it's accurate. 3 star ranking doesn't seem quite commensurate to the list/number of offers but I think the offer list is more indicative, particularly among 3 stars which are so much more common than 4/5 stars and harder to tease apart. But methinks the winning seasons and facilities are really helping now.

Great offer list if it's accurate. 3 star ranking doesn't seem quite commensurate to the list/number of offers but I think the offer list is more indicative, particularly among 3 stars which are so much more common than 4/5 stars and harder to tease apart. But methinks the winning seasons and facilities are really helping now.
We would have a lot of 4 stars if it was based on offer lists.

Love the nasty streak mentioned.

Not to rain on this parade (I really don't mean to) but worth pointing out that Nick Dawkins committed to Penn State.

I found this interesting as well.

That said, beyond excited to have Wrather in the fold, and hoping his commitment opens the floodgates for some of NU’s other targets!

Not to rain on this parade (I really don't mean to) but worth pointing out that Nick Dawkins committed to Penn State.
Not a major surprise. He chose to stay very close to home.

If Dawkins lived equidistant from NU and PSU, I think there is a very good chance he's a Cat (not a Lion). Sometimes geography trumps all with these HS kids. It's understandable. We are definitely making headway in OL recruiting.

If Dawkins lived equidistant from NU and PSU, I think there is a very good chance he's a Cat (not a Lion). Sometimes geography trumps all with these HS kids. It's understandable. We are definitely making headway in OL recruiting.

Lou shares some insight on the Rock.

If NU can start a virtuous circle with regards to the OL — i.e. recruit well, develop guys in the next few years, maybe even get one drafted, which further helps with recruiting — that’s one of the last pieces needed to being a contender in the West year after year. We are there on defense. Have been blessed with great QBs and RBs recently. Wide receiver recruiting will probably remain a challenge but OL is there for the taking.

Reactions: catfans5 and DaCat
3 star might still fit but a 5.5 rating sure does not

Lot easier for their parents to see them play.

If NU can start a virtuous circle with regards to the OL — i.e. recruit well, develop guys in the next few years, maybe even get one drafted, which further helps with recruiting — that’s one of the last pieces needed to being a contender in the West year after year. We are there on defense. Have been blessed with great QBs and RBs recently. Wide receiver recruiting will probably remain a challenge but OL is there for the taking.

I believe our WR recruiting has taken a significant step forward recently. Guys like Hooper Price, Kirtz and Yaseen are a step up or two from the WR recruiting we have been accustomed to. And we are still very much in the game to add Sullivan and Martinez to the 2020 class. Based on what I learned since I last commented on Sullivan, I have joined the "good take" club on him. There are still some in the business who think of him as a "stud." And Martinez is a potential game changer for NU. Don't sleep on guys like Dennis and Washington either. Both of those guys have the tools to develop into valued contributors down the road.

GOUNUII

GOUNUII

I believe our WR recruiting has taken a significant step forward recently. Guys like Hooper Price, Kirtz and Yaseen are a step up or two from the WR recruiting we have been accustomed to. And we are still very much in the game to add Sullivan and Martinez to the 2020 class. Based on what I learned since I last commented on Sullivan, I have joined the "good take" club on him. There are still some in the business who think of him as a "stud." And Martinez is a potential game changer for NU. Don't sleep on guys like Dennis and Washington either. Both of those guys have the tools to develop into valued contributors down the road.

GOUNUII

GOUNUII

Honest, not snarky question... what changed/what did you learn on Sullivan?

GOUNUII

GOUNUII

Oh yes, I’ve definitely been pleased with the recent uptick on the WR front. My concern is that it is fleeting and an added benefit of bringing in Hunter Johnson, rather than a sign that NU has turned the corner. But we will see. By all accounts it seems NU has been “in” on more high profile guys than in past years.

Honest, not snarky question... what changed/what did you learn on Sullivan?

I learned that people in the business at NU and elsewhere ( primarily Oregon ) continue to think highly of him even as other programs have moved on. Knowing that Oregon is recruiting at a very high level and respecting NU’s explanation for their continued high interest (upgrade in size, good hands and verified 4.5 speed) changed my mind from an uncertain no take (really stiff hips in and out of cuts) to where you were all along. A good take even if not as good as the high 4 star rating would suggest.

GOUNUII

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT