ADVERTISEMENT

WTF is happening today?

Outside of that long Bowser run, NU’s longest offensive play has been to “get the passer roughed”. #allowmoresacks

Gave up only 3 pts in the 2nd half. That's pretty good.

Better but I really think Rutgers being so bad had a lot to do with it. How many dropped balls did Rutgers have. This Rutgers team is really bad but maybe I am being a little too harsh on our defense.

It was actually very windy at the stadium and we had to go into that in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Neither team scored in the south end zone all game. It was much worse in person.

Reactions: ColumbusCatFan1
Gave up only 3 pts in the 2nd half. That's pretty good.

After a fumble on a short field.

No picks though against the #1 INT leader in the country.

Overall, D played fine. No excuse to give up the 44 yard TD run against Rutgers. But, our Offense was atrocious. Anyone who defends McCall and especially Cushing needs to get their head examined.

It was actually very windy at the stadium and we had to go into that in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Neither team scored in the south end zone all game. It was much worse in person.

Alright, I guessed correctly.

Seemed like something was up when McCall started the 4th with four straight passes after running on 1st and 2nd down practically every series in the 2nd and 3rd.

Might explain some of Clayton's issues with ball placement too.

That explains a little.

This was unexpected.

Was it? When you can’t run the football and your QB has an off day, it’s pretty hard to beat anybody. This is a solid and clutch NU defense, but it’s hardly a dominant turnover generating juggernaut either.

This team is pretty blowout proof in both directions.

Was it? When you can’t run the football and your QB has an off day, it’s pretty hard to beat anybody. This is a solid and clutch NU defense, but it’s hardly a dominant turnover generating juggernaut either.

This team is pretty blowout proof in both directions.

This. When you're one-dimensional and depending on one guy, you're very beatable when he has an off day.

Actually having a running game might help
So a true freshman running back getting 108 on 24 carries is not good enough for you? Bowser also had 3 crucial runs for first downs to enable us to run out the clock. O-line blocked well. Drake also looked good and Chad H was excellent. We got it done when we had to.

Reactions: RevCat
I thought Bowser's running between the tackles was excellent. His yards after contact, highly encouraging. We won this game on the ground. That should be a silver lining for everybody.

Reactions: Palindrome
So a true freshman running back getting 108 on 24 carries is not good enough for you? Bowser also had 3 crucial runs for first downs to enable us to run out the clock. O-line blocked well. Drake also looked good and Chad H was excellent. We got it done when we had to.

Against the worst rush defense in Division I. Of course after today's performance, Rutgers might have improved its ranking.

Yes! NU defense did not give up a first down for the last 25 minutes of the game!

The D is solid. Unfortunately, the O has a tendency to gift points, sometimes more than the points our D gives up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT