ADVERTISEMENT

Yaseen to play CB at Purdue...

boileralum07

Jan 18, 2009
... due to logjam at WR position - we have like 20 of them. He would have been behind Moore, Bell, Wright, Anderson, and Carr for playing time.

Interesting since we lost a 4* CB to Colorado because he wanted to play WR. And generally, WRs like playing WR for Brohm, not switching positions.

So, did he switch because your new OC didn't like him, or did he want to play CB but Fitz said no.. Or what?

Is he better at CB than WR?

Thanks. I didn't even hear about him till yesterday so I have no info.

More people whispering in his ear about the most likely path to NFL $$$, perhaps.

Big mistake on his part. He is not a superior athlete. He has great hands, footwork, body control and runs great routes. Those traits are at a premium when he is playing WR, Not DB.

Reactions: Alaskawildkat
Not trolling. It's an honest question. He was committed to you for about a year as a WR. Then on signing day he flips to play CB.

Why CB at Purdue and not WR at NU?

Ask his father. Seriously. This sounds like a case of over-parenting.

Not trolling. It's an honest question. He was committed to you for about a year as a WR. Then on signing day he flips to play CB.

Can you source me on where you're seeing the flip to CB?

Can you source me on where you're seeing the flip to CB?
It's insider info on the GBI premium board, pay wall obviously.

"I know this is vague as hell but we have good reason to believe Yaseen May flip to Purdue as a DB before the signing date. Michigan kid. I don’t know when it is, but stay tuned, I guess"

Cause he didn't have enough integrity to create, security to receive, or honesty to rely on. All he could do is go in a corner on defense.

Because his dad is an idiot. His kid won the lottery and his dad just burned the winning ticket.
What kind of lottery is the NU passing offense?

Maybe the kid ultimately didn’t like what he saw last year? New OC but the same personnel... losing him sucks but that’s a lot of uncertainty. Can’t blame a kid or his family for getting spooked.

Reactions: docrugby1

Maybe the kid ultimately didn’t like what he saw last year? New OC but the same personnel... losing him sucks but that’s a lot of uncertainty. Can’t blame a kid or his family for getting spooked.

I think he was referring to value of an NU education...somewhere in the $300k range.

I think he was referring to value of an NU education...somewhere in the $300k range.
Yeah I mean he didn’t flip to go to University of Phoenix. Depending on what he’s going to study, Purdue is no slouch. Guess it doesn’t matter ultimately, nobody is logging in to debate school

Yeah I mean he didn’t flip to go to University of Phoenix. Depending on what he’s going to study, Purdue is no slouch. Guess it doesn’t matter ultimately, nobody is logging in to debate school

He won the lottery because NU offered the clearly superior option on and off the field and over the next 4 years or the next 40 years. Getting a free ride to NU is like winning Powerball. Getting a free ride to Purdue is like winning little lotto. You are not going to turn down the latter but winning the former is life changing.

He won the lottery because NU offered the clearly superior option on and off the field and over the next 4 years or the next 40 years. Getting a free ride to NU is like winning Powerball. Getting a free ride to Purdue is like winning little lotto. You are not going to turn down the latter but winning the former is life changing.
Haha alright thanks for straightening me out

It’s the way the kid and the family handled it. He was committed for over a year. Zero class or respect on their part for a school that publicly stood by him when he had some hard times. Timing is everything here and rarely would I say I can’t root for a kid, but this is one of those rare occasions.

What’s next, losing a recruit to the Fighting Lovie’s?
He’d have to beat Fitz on the field first, I think. Besides, I’ve learned that a scholarship offer from NW is akin to winning lottery ticket. How can anybody compete with that?

This is even a larger let down. I can understand the attraction of him baling to play WR. But defense, no comparison NU wasn’t affected by a coaching change. I still believe he used NU as a Hefge bet in the event he got hurt his senior year.

This is even a larger let down. I can understand the attraction of him baling to play WR. But defense, no comparison NU wasn’t affected by a coaching change. I still believe he used NU as a hedge bet in the event he got hurt his senior year.

... due to logjam at WR position - we have like 20 of them. He would have been behind Moore, Bell, Wright, Anderson, and Carr for playing time.

Interesting since we lost a 4* CB to Colorado because he wanted to play WR. And generally, WRs like playing WR for Brohm, not switching positions.

So, did he switch because your new OC didn't like him, or did he want to play CB but Fitz said no.. Or what?

Is he better at CB than WR?

Thanks. I didn't even hear about him till yesterday so I have no info.

there is no way this is real

Reactions: drewjin
Depends on what he is going to be studying. In some areas, Purdue education is superior. We do not know what he intends to take and if it is in one of those areas where Purdue is superior. While in plenty of areas the NU education may be superior, be caerful of those blanket statements

Depends on what he is going to be studying. In some areas, Purdue education is superior. We do not know what he intends to take and if it is in one of those areas where Purdue is superior. While in plenty of areas the NU education may be superior, be careful of those blanket statements
Outstanding engineering school (Illinois too) especially for mechanical. Very good for industrial, but NU actually ranked higher (both top 10). Overall, Illinois, Purdue and Michigan are probably the top engineering schools in the B1G.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT