ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread for Duke vs. Northwestern

Linebackers aren’t fast enough. And the dline is getting manhandled against Cushin. Yikes

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Objectively, NU has outplayed DU since the first quarter. They’ve given us some openings. Maybe we take a shot here.

Reactions: Bwm57
Duke is feeling sorry for us. Now let's capitalize!

Going for two now? If we hold them to a field goal we need eight. Fitz is not a good game coach. Did the same thing in Madison in ‘19.

• Angry
That lucky tip could be the deal breaker. We had the momentum and could’ve been poised to get the ball back for a go ahead TD. Instead they’re suddenly in position to make it a 2 score game which will be really difficult to make up in 13 minutes without some (multiple) lucky breaks of our own.

Reactions: NUCat320
Just getting beat so bad at both lines of scrimmage so disappointing not to mention the horrible open field tackling and poor linebacker play

That play right there running back drags four of our players for three yards just unbelievable

• Sad
I’m surprised there wasn’t a review there. I’m not sure on the exact rules, but his toe was down, *then* he secured the ball, then he landed out of bounds.

And there it is. 400 yards of offense given up to Duke. Fifth straight game giving up over 400. Last stop was 370 to Iowa.

• Angry
Why we don’t just drop 9 guys back on our third and long plays is just beyond me. It was McCalls calling card on third and long. Worked so well for us.

They have an analytics team making these sort of calls. Obviously Fitz gut is the end all/be all but those calls come from upstairs usually
It never makes sense to go for two until the endgame is known. Exception is when you’re down 24 in the second half.

Missing two is a huge loss of momentum. Fitz generally has a great sense — and generally motivates his players and instills confidence — but this is one time where he should’ve taken the points.

That last Duke TD was an incomplete pass. Ball was juggled and did not gain possession until feet were out of the Ned zone. FItz should have challenged.

Reactions: Bwm57 and NUCat320
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT