ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern @ Nebraska

We badly need a qb, but primarily an oline that can protect. Too much pressure on the qb, No time to throw. Very disappointing but not unexpected result. Defense played well enough for us to win. Running for td’s getting caught were key.

I want to puke. The D has improved and did what it needed for a win. The OL and QB play (in that order) could not be worse. O am tired of the Anderson act.

Almost like a new coach can make a big difference. Weird. Too bad Bajakian still has a job because Fitz didn’t have the stones to have two new coordinators in a single year.

You must not watch the games much. This is par for the course. This OL play is atrocious. We are not beating anyone playing like this.
Yeah, I see us only beating Purdue the rest of the way. Wisconsin is trying to stage a comeback against the Illini now, but even if the Badgers come back, Illinois seems to be most likely a loss for us unless Bryant can comeback healthy. The offense is rather disjointed as is. Forget Wisconsin and Iowa. I can't see how Braun stays, unless they keep him and he cans everybody else, thus exercising the curse of Fitz. Anderson probably won't get another coaching gig in Division 1A, neither will Bajakaian.

Last edited:
He couldn’t see it, so he didn’t throw it. Pretty simple, if extremely frustrating.
I know you like to be the contrarian with literally every post, but you just contradicted one of your own earlier posts here.

Yeah, I see us only beating Purdue the rest of the way. Wisconsin is trying to stage a comeback against the Illini now, but even if the Badgers come back, Illinois seems to be most likely a loss for us unless Bryant can comeback healthy.The offense is rather disjointed as is. Forget Wisconsin and Iowa.
Don’t see us beating anybody without Bryant.

Reactions: HawkCat
We badly need a qb, but primarily an oline that can protect. Too much pressure on the qb, No time to throw. Very disappointing but not unexpected result. Defense played well enough for us to win. Running for td’s getting caught were key.

Fitz’s kid looked great leading Loyola Academy in a big win against Catholic League Rival Mt. Carmel. Looks like he will a big time difference maker QB in college. Another reason to be pissed at Schildo for ****ing all of this up.

He is mobile enough to be able to get up for the next play.
I know where you’re coming from on this, but it doesn’t help if he doesn’t even look for the first option receiver on a probable touchdown.

You aren’t telling me Bryant wouldn’t have gotten the ball out are you?

It’s a catch 22 with this awful OL play.

Reactions: AtlantaCat
I am still having a hard time wrapping my brain around that decision. It was the perfect play call. It developed exactly as intended with Gordon running free. It was damn near a walk-in TD if Sullivan throws. He tucks and runs. Mind-boggling.
Not mind-boggling, he just doesn't have the facility to view the field quickly and make the appropriate decision

Post #239, where you said, “Sullivan just refused to throw it.” But I get it. You are smarter than I am.

I was saying that the defense is much improved as soon as Braun took the reins, the offense is still shitty because 1) Bajakian still has a job and 2) that’s mostly because Fitz didn’t have the balls to fire both JON and Bajakian in the same offseason.

I was saying that the defense is much improved as soon as Braun took the reins, the offense is still shitty because 1) Bajakian still has a job and 2) that’s mostly because Fitz didn’t have the balls to fire both JON and Bajakian in the same offseason.
LOL. You are so full of crap. The sentence in post #239 that preceded the one I quoted was one in which you DEFENDED Bajakian. So, no, that is NOT what you were saying in post #239.

Look, you do bring some value to this board from what you learned during a brief period as a flunky in the NU football program. But you need to reconsider your posting style, which involves straining to find a way to contradict every post to make yourself seem superior in knowledge. It is offputting and unnecessary.

Reactions: No Chores
LOL. You are so full of crap. The sentence in post #239 that preceded the one I quoted was one in which you DEFENDED Bajakian. So, no, that is NOT what you were saying in post #239.

Look, you do bring some value to this board from what you learned during a brief period as a flunky in the NU football program. But you need to reconsider your posting style, which involves straining to find a way to contradict every post to make yourself seem superior in knowledge. It is offputting and unnecessary.

Bajakian made a single good play call. That doesn’t mean he’s good at his job.

I’ve been a fan literally my entire life, chose to go work for the program because I wanted to instead of taking I-banking or consulting offers. Don’t tell me how to fan.

Positives today were turnovers we made to get the ball and our defense. We had opportunities to score and to win plus great field position several times. The team fought hard and was competitive and played well enough to win except for a few plays where we failed to get it in the end zone. The o-line&qb play and lackluster offense are all ongoing concerns. The offense cannot afford to move backwards esp when we have good field position. That was most disappointing that we couldn’t take advantage of great field position but lost ground instead on penalties, sacks and other losse on downs where Sully had to dump the ball. Too many 3rd & long situations. It’s just too tough to overcome when your offense moves backwards. Hats off to our defensive effort for most of the game. Our o-line needs to block and protect much better but also recognize Nebby has a solid defense. Happy to see we were competitive. Disappointed with the qb & o-line play that spoiled chances for a win. (At least Franklin got beat today!)
Go Cats!.

Last edited:

I’ve been a fan literally my entire life, chose to go work for the program because I wanted to instead of taking I-banking or consulting offers. Don’t tell me how to fan.
GCG adds a lot of insight into certain aspects of the program. Let him speak his mind, he pisses everyone off from time to time but he's part of the package.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gladeskat

I am no Bajakian supporter, either. But you have been telling me and everyone else here how stupid they are as fans for years. Stop it.

GCG adds a lot of insight into certain aspects of the program. Let him speak his mind, he pisses everyone off from time to time but he's part of the package.
I agree that he adds value to the board and said as much. I am just tired of him being an a**hole to his fellow NU fans.

I am no Bajakian supporter, either. But you have been telling me and everyone else here how stupid they are as fans for years. Stop it.

I agree that he adds value to the board and said as much. I am just tired of him being an a**hole to his fellow NU fans.

The fact that we cheer for the same team means I can’t call our people for dumb positions?

The fact that we cheer for the same team means I can’t call our people for dumb positions?
You can disagree without disagreeing for the purpose of disagreeing, even if that means contradicting yourself in the same thread. Self-awareness is not your strength.

Reactions: No Chores
I am especially cranky because I am watching a 6-0 UNC team (from which my wife graduated and where my two daughters attend) lose to a 1-5 UVA team behind 12 receptions by Malik Washington, who was basically the player of the game.

Last edited:
I am especially cranky because I am watching a 6-0 UNC team (from which my wife graduated and where my two daughters attend) lose to a 1-5 UVA team behind 12 receptions by Malik Washington, who basically the player of the game.
I can’t figure out which QB is more overrated, Maye or Williams at USC. I don’t think either of them are anywhere near as good as they have been made out to be.

Husker fan here, why is Hilinski buried on the depth chart given the offensive troubles?

Fitz’s kid looked great leading Loyola Academy in a big win against Catholic League Rival Mt. Carmel. Looks like he will a big time difference maker QB in college. Another reason to be pissed at Schildo for ****ing all of this up.
On the other hand, had Fitz looked for a pass-first offensive coordinator, or even just a good offensive coordinator, maybe bloodlines wouldn’t have been the only way to bring a decent quarterback into the program.

The last quality NU quarterback committed on March 18, 2013. Thorson had ten other P5 offers, as reported by Rivals. That is almost certainly more than every signed quarterback since.

Reactions: drewjin
I think we have a pretty decent QB, and then the OL killed him.

Reactions: drewjin
What mostly caused the Cats this loss were all the penalities. In a close 8 point game like this one penalities can very well make the difference between winning and losing. We had eight penalities and IIRC they were all on offense which were drive killers. We even had an offensive face mask penality which is virtually unheard of.

There were several offense offsides penalites. This has been a problem all season and it doesn't appear that anyone on the coaching staff has been able to correct it. Maybe we need a new Offensive Coordinator who can fix this problem along with a bunch of others. Ya think?

Husker fan here, why is Hilinski buried on the depth chart given the offensive troubles?
It's the OL, more so than the QB. With a decent OLine, even I, as QB, could possibly score in the red zone and I played IM football, in 1964.. That's how bad it is. That said, NU has had QB development issues for some time, ever since Fitgerald forgot that offense is part of the game (after he forgot that defense was part of the game, but was rescued by Hankwitz, who was dropped in his lap by a pelican, and then again forgot that defense was also a part of the game when he hired JON). If our ONE GOOD QB went down, there was no one prepared to back him up. Since Clayton Thorson, NU has been struggling, not only to find the one QB, and without development, even a backup. What comes around goes around. However, we are about to see this whole thing blow up, and transform into who knows what?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hford
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT