ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Northwestern @ Nebraska

Just so depressing. Amazing momentum play, we have 2nd and goal and we end up with NEGATIVE yards and a FG AGAIN. And the announcers even point out the huge miss by Sullivan.

The offenses in the BIG West are pretty awful all around. It’s amazing.

Reactions: drewjin
He did though. Sullivan just refused to throw it.
I am still having a hard time wrapping my brain around that decision. It was the perfect play call. It developed exactly as intended with Gordon running free. It was damn near a walk-in TD if Sullivan throws. He tucks and runs. Mind-boggling.

• Sad
Reactions: Zootcat and drewjin
Seriously...I can't remember the last time I felt this totally hopeless about the offense during a game

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
The offensive line is bad but there have also been multiple defenders completely unblocked on many plays. Bad coaching and scheme are also a big issue.

Literally only a pick six will save us. Not a pick with a return to the 1 yard line because it will end up with 4th and goal at the 11. Or a fumble and scoop six, since I don’t think they will throw the rest of the game.

Reactions: Darren72
Time to summon a Pick 6...which would be totally on brand with how NU/UNL games have gone over the years

The offensive line is bad but there have also been multiple defenders completely unblocked on many plays. Bad coachimg and scheme are also a big issue.
You think that’s how it was drawn up. Those are missed blocking assignments.

You must not watch the games much. This is par for the course. This OL play is atrocious. We are not beating anyone playing like this.
The Kirtz catch really summed it up...and clearly I was not alone thinking if he doesn't take it all the way, we don't get in. Sullivan just looks like a small child lost at the mall.

One more possession? I long to eat my words here...

They should review that QB hit for targeting. He led with the crown it looked like…

I am still having a hard time wrapping my brain around that decision. It was the perfect play call. It developed exactly as intended with Gordon running free. It was damn near a walk-in TD if Sullivan throws. He tucks and runs. Mind-boggling.

He couldn’t see it, so he didn’t throw it. Pretty simple, if extremely frustrating.

Reactions: corbi296
Sullivan may be More mobile than our other qbs (Lausch excepted), but he is NOT mobile enough for it to make a difference.

Reactions: NUCat320
I want to puke. The D has improved and did what it needed for a win. The OL and QB play (in that order) could not be worse. O am tired of the Anderson act.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT