ADVERTISEMENT

OT-Recovering from Covid-19

FWIW I got the Pfizer and came down with Covid recently. I live alone and the only time I leave home is to run errands or go to the gym.

Only 1 day of fever but it’s been a week and I’m still feeling unwell

God bless you, Sir. I hope you don't have any long term sh## due to being infected.

Now Judges are involved ordering hospitals to provide ivectmentim.
Crazy
Ivectmentim to you, Ivermectin to most everyone else. Ivermectin is used for treating parasitic diseases in humans. In human tolerant doses. COVID is not a parasite, it is a virus. The judge is either uninformed, being paid by a drug company or believes in individual rights as to what drugs patients insist on having administered.

Ivectmentim to you, Ivermectin to most everyone else. Ivermectin is used for treating parasitic diseases in humans. In human tolerant doses. COVID is not a parasite, it is a virus. The judge is either uninformed, being paid by a drug company or believes in individual rights as to what drugs patients insist on having administered.

I'm unaware of any studies that show Ivermectin to be detrimental to recovery if used properly (unlike hydroxychloroquine) that would discourage its use. The problem is that studies looking at Ivermectin's effectiveness at combating covid that are positive are poorly designed with lots of other drugs administered that might confound results as steroids confounded early results for hydroxychloroquine. One study was heavily and hilariously plagiarized and rejected. Other studies suffer from a lack of showing causality such as the decline in covid cases in India after adding Ivermectin to drug treatments.

Turk reports anecdotal evidence that it may work. Properly randomized and controlled clinical trials can determine its usefulness as a treatment...And I hope it's effective.

Reactions: stpaulcat
Aww this thread brings back old memories. For the record, I’m triple vaxxed, have never gotten COVID, and about to take my 5th trip to Europe for pleasure. Finding a way to safely enjoy life during these crazy (endless) times.

Seems better than holing up in a hospital and probably cutting my life short.

Aww this thread brings back old memories. For the record, I’m triple vaxxed, have never gotten COVID, and about to take my 5th trip to Europe for pleasure. Finding a way to safely enjoy life during these crazy (endless) times.

Hey Villox, glad you've come back for a nano-second, and that your wild and crazy life style has proven to keep you safe.

Hey Villox, glad you've come back for a nano-second, and that your wild and crazy life style has proven to keep you safe.

It’s not all that crazy. I still stick to generally safe activities. Most of my Europe trips involved eating outdoors and planes which are safe (and with masks). I have been in some crowded bars but felt safer after I got the booster.

It’s not all that crazy. I still stick to generally safe activities. Most of my Europe trips involved eating outdoors and planes which are safe (and with masks). I have been in some crowded bars but felt safer after I got the booster.
And Turk ended up in the COVID ward. Could be a knowledge gap?

Wow, great for you. Covid sucks. Stay blessed young cat fan!

And Turk ended up in the COVID ward. Could be a knowledge gap?
I can assure you, Villox is among the brightest most intelligent guys on the board, certainly he far exceeds my cerebral. You, seem brighter than me too but i think we are close. You may eat more bananas. But Villox, blows me away and also one of the most polite human beings.
I havent seen him post much. Welcome back.

Last edited:
… which was cute and harmless until COVID came along.

aha, We have another interloper here. Do I have to explain everything to you people. Turk science says that it is OK to roll the dice and not get vaccinated because you’re probably not going to catch the virus, even though you end up requiring oxygen and numerous drugs just to save your life, And perhaps you have a long-term heart or lung damage, Because in the end you have more antibodies than you had in the first place, assuming you are still alive.

Reactions: DaCat
aha, We have another interloper here. Do I have to explain everything to you people. Turk science says that it is OK to roll the dice and not get vaccinated because you’re probably not going to catch the virus, even though you end up requiring oxygen and numerous drugs just to save your life, And perhaps you have a long-term heart or lung damage, Because in the end you have more antibodies than you had in the first place, assuming you are still alive.

Right. That's why its Turk Science.

The sad state of affairs is that vaccines have become yet another subject matter in which every Joe and Jane with a YouTube and Facebook account thinks they are an expert.

Just listen to the recommendation of the vast majority of certified medical professionals, get vaxxed and move on with your life.

But how can that be? Turk told us the science was irrefutable!
Did you see this study or are you just embracing it prior to peer review? When was the study timeset?
All i presented was a massive study that found vaccinated people 13x more likely to get covid and symptoms, however kindly review my comments as I mention doubt is ok since most of these latest studies havent the time to be peer reviewed.
You should do yourself a favor and keep your mind open since you are a major spreader most likely and should focus on wearing a mask and getting your 3rd shot.

Damn! I'll be more careful when I mow the lawn. :)

You have to live down south. In college, I was taught hookworm was a disease of southern poverty, of those living in squalor, with pig, dog, and cat poop, and people running around barefoot everywhere (lol). I was wearing mesh athletic shoes.

It's another 'cat tax'. $870 for hookworm. $5000 for cat scratch fever (another southern disease). Cats can be money pits. Then there's the toxoplasmosis they can give you.

You're pretty safe with the climate, poop, and soil situation in Wheaton.

Last edited:
Reactions: mountaindrew
You have to live down south. In college, I was taught hookworm was a disease of southern poverty, of those living in squalor, with pig, dog, and cat poop, and people running around barefoot everywhere (lol). I was wearing mesh athletic shoes.

You're pretty safe with the climate, poop, and soil situation in Wheaton.

Or here in Albuquerque, where rain is illegal, and the desert sun dries out such droppings in about four seconds.

Click links. Read. Comprehend. I learned that adjacent to my biomedical engineering degree from NU… and not to listen to certain types of people who are clearly not subject matter experts.

Durability of antibody response to vaccination and surrogate neutralization of emerging variants based on SARS-CoV-2 exposure history

It would have been nice to have included the delta variant but covid is a very dynamic virus.

With covid, papers are almost obsolete by the time they're published.

Reactions: Turk and AZCat
It would have been nice to have included the delta variant but covid is a very dynamic virus.

With covid, papers are almost obsolete by the time they're published.
And at what point do they really know which variant anyways? When i left the hospital the pulmonologist still couldnt tell me which covid I had. They had all the bloodwork so im confused as to how they determine if they cant tell us patients which strain.

I believe it’s through genomic sequencing of samples cases to estimate what percentage are delta. Not easy and only representative. I think supercomputers help speed it up but not sure, so it can’t be done for every case. Right now the virus only mutates thru a few specific structures / mechanisms but to various degrees of lethality and transmissibility. It’s fairly well understood but vaccines work better if they are designed for each specific viral configuration. mRNA is the best we have at the moment. Only mimics and prompts an antibody response just like any regular inactivated viral vaccine. Does not change your DNA. Trust the subject matter experts, of which I am not one, only a messenger.

Ah, the case of Israel & infections of the vaccinated. Let's see what an Epidemiologist has to offer.

"This is likely an example of base rate bias in epidemiology (it’s called base rate fallacy in other fields). Professor Levy said that “half of infected people were vaccinated”. This language is important because it’s very different than “half of vaccinated people were infected”. And this misunderstanding happens all. the. time.

The more vaccinated a population, the more we’ll hear of the vaccinated getting infected. For example, say there’s a community that’s 100% vaccinated. If there’s transmission, we know breakthrough cases will happen. So, by definition, 100% of outbreak cases will be among the vaccinated. It will just be 100% out of a smaller number.

Cue Israel. They are one of the global leaders in vaccinations; 85% of Israeli adults are vaccinated. So, say we have the following scenario:

• 100 adult community
  • 4 COVID19 cases
  • 50% of cases were among the vaccinated
It would look something like this:

With an infection rate among the vaccinated of 2% and infection rate of 13% among the unvaccinated, this would give us an efficacy rate of 85%. This is pretty darn close to the clinical trial efficacy rate, meaning the Pfizer vaccine is still working against Delta.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/israel-50-of-infected-are-vaccinated

Did you see this study or are you just embracing it prior to peer review? When was the study timeset?
All i presented was a massive study that found vaccinated people 13x more likely to get covid and symptoms, however kindly review my comments as I mention doubt is ok since most of these latest studies havent the time to be peer reviewed.
You should do yourself a favor and keep your mind open since you are a major spreader most likely and should focus on wearing a mask and getting your 3rd shot.

That’s the definition of “refutable,” my man.

And I am certainly not a major spreader, what with my genetic pulmonary disease that means I leave my home maybe twice a week to take a fully-masked trip to the grocery store while fully-vaxxed with Moderna and three young children to protect/be aware of.

You’re a ****ing joke, man. Just stop, you aren’t helping anything in this weird little game of yours.

Reactions: zanycat
Ah, the case of Israel & infections of the vaccinated. Let's see what an Epidemiologist has to offer.

"This is likely an example of base rate bias in epidemiology (it’s called base rate fallacy in other fields). Professor Levy said that “half of infected people were vaccinated”. This language is important because it’s very different than “half of vaccinated people were infected”. And this misunderstanding happens all. the. time.

The more vaccinated a population, the more we’ll hear of the vaccinated getting infected. For example, say there’s a community that’s 100% vaccinated. If there’s transmission, we know breakthrough cases will happen. So, by definition, 100% of outbreak cases will be among the vaccinated. It will just be 100% out of a smaller number.

Cue Israel. They are one of the global leaders in vaccinations; 85% of Israeli adults are vaccinated. So, say we have the following scenario:

• 100 adult community
  • 4 COVID19 cases
  • 50% of cases were among the vaccinated
It would look something like this:

With an infection rate among the vaccinated of 2% and infection rate of 13% among the unvaccinated, this would give us an efficacy rate of 85%. This is pretty darn close to the clinical trial efficacy rate, meaning the Pfizer vaccine is still working against Delta.

https://yourlocalepidemiologist.substack.com/p/israel-50-of-infected-are-vaccinated
Excellent post.

That’s the definition of “refutable,” my man.

And I am certainly not a major spreader, what with my genetic pulmonary disease that means I leave my home maybe twice a week to take a fully-masked trip to the grocery store while fully-vaxxed with Moderna and three young children to protect/be aware of.

You’re a ****ing joke, man. Just stop, you aren’t helping anything in this weird little game of yours.
Super. Wish more people were as responsible as you as we work through this pandemic.

Super. Wish more people were as responsible as you as we work through this pandemic.

Fascinating how your tone changed after a hospital stay that included treatment with semi-experimental treatments and oxygen.

And at what point do they really know which variant anyways? When i left the hospital the pulmonologist still couldnt tell me which covid I had. They had all the bloodwork so im confused as to how they determine if they cant tell us patients which strain.
It doesn't matter. I hope people won't be stupid like you were and deny the necessity of the vaccine. It may not be 100% effective, but it'll go a long way to prevent the experience you went through as an anti-vaxxer, ending up on a ventilator in intensive care with a hail mary to survive. It doesn't seem you learned your lesson about getting a vaccine, instead bragging about your antibodies and continuing to spread fake news and insulting people who got vaccines. What a dope.

Reactions: mountaindrew
Again, be cool or dont engage. I havent the time for your non academic anger.

“Please stop calling me out on my act” doesn’t really fly.

I still have no clue what you get out of this long game act, but it certainly isn’t constructive or helpful.

While I don’t wish nor celebrate anyone’s death, I think the Universe is telling us something with this pandemic. What we are experiencing is Darwinism in its purest form. Vaccine eligible adults who die because of their extreme ignorance. Survival of the fittest thinning the ranks of the mentally unfit from an overcrowded planet. The real tragedy are all the folks who died before a vaccine was developed and all the vaccinated and vaccine ineligible folks who have died since mostly due to the ignorance of the unvaccinated.

While I don’t wish nor celebrate anyone’s death, I think the Universe is telling us something with this pandemic. What we are experiencing is Darwinism in its purest form. Vaccine eligible adults who die because of their extreme ignorance. Survival of the fittest thinning the ranks of the mentally unfit from an overcrowded planet. The real tragedy are all the folks who died before a vaccine was developed and all the vaccinated and vaccine ineligible folks who have died since mostly due to the ignorance of the unvaccinated.
Except many of these idiots have already reproduced.

Reactions: Alan Smithee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT